The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

56 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Umm. Plastic bags are dangerous. Don't leave me unattended with one. I'll put that on my head and suffocate. Fact. 

Now, if I have one with me while I am skateboarding.....that's nasty, reckless, deadly behaviour. Fact. 

bags don't kill people, people kill people. Thats got to be in the US constitution somewhere. 

This latest troll attempt is weak stuff. Fact. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Fact" ....<_<

One guy armed with a plastic bag and the other with a skateboard......yet the "patriot" with the assault weapon feared for his life....:rolleyes: Don't you ever get tired of making ridiculous false claims?

KR may have survived the stomping he was going to get or he may not have. The guy that tried a flying head stomp when KR was down didn't get shot but backed off when the shooting started.  The guy with the gun who got his gun hand shot off didn't back off until he lost his hand. He said he wanted to shoot KR but hesitated. The guy that was clubbing KR with a skateboard is the one that got shot and died.  He looked to be the one chasing him most aggressively. I haven't heard of a plastic bag.

14 minutes ago, Chesster said:

KR may have survived the stomping he was going to get or he may not have. The guy that tried a flying head stomp when KR was down didn't get shot but backed off when the shooting started.  The guy with the gun who got his gun hand shot off didn't back off until he lost his hand. He said he wanted to shoot KR but hesitated. The guy that was clubbing KR with a skateboard is the one that got shot and died.  He looked to be the one chasing him most aggressively. I haven't heard of a plastic bag.

A dude threw a plastic bag and KR shot and killed him. It's how it all started. 

Now you know and knowing is half the battle. 

• Hydration 3

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A dude threw a plastic bag and KR shot and killed him. It's how it all started. 

Now you know and knowing is half the battle. 

Ok. I as I said, I know nothing about the first killing.

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Fact" ....<_<

One guy armed with a plastic bag and the other with a skateboard......yet the "patriot" with the assault weapon feared for his life....:rolleyes: Don't you ever get tired of making ridiculous false claims?

What if this guy was in prison and knew how to make a weapon out of a garbage bag?

Just now, Warhippy said:

ftfy

uh huh. I looked up the details of the first shooting. The guy was trying to grab KR's gun and got shot in the process. Also saw some video of the victim aggressively jostling with other armed guys. What do you think? If it's legal to use guns to defend the property should it be legal to shoot someone who's trying to take your gun away?

• Hydration 1

32 minutes ago, Chesster said:

uh huh. I looked up the details of the first shooting. The guy was trying to grab KR's gun and got shot in the process. Also saw some video of the victim aggressively jostling with other armed guys. What do you think? If it's legal to use guns to defend the property should it be legal to shoot someone who's trying to take your gun away?

The question is why they are taking the gun away? Do you have mental health issues? Are you drunk? Are you just a little too pissed at the spouse? Maybe just playing poker on a losing night. 

• Hydration 1

10 hours ago, Chesster said:

Moving the goalposts.

Changing the narrative.

Ignoring the original argument.

You're attempting to justify murder in an attempt to defend Marjorie Taylor Greene.  You're attempting to do it by agreeing or seeming to agree with her premise that Kyle Rittenhouse was just a scared confused boy who travelled multiple states away with illegal weapons to "defend" businesses" that didn't ask for his help with illegal weapons smuggled across state lines by him and his mom as he travelled with a group of known white supremacists

You're attempting to justify murder in an attempt to defend Marjorie Taylor Greene with her premise that Rittenhouse was a scared little boy but a 13 year old with no weapon in his hands was a scary armed adult.

Kinda says a lot about you clam

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Chesster said:

If it's legal to use guns to defend the property should it be legal to shoot someone who's trying to take your gun away?

think about his for a moment. Do you really want this to be a legitimate defence? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

think about his for a moment. Do you really want this to be a legitimate defence? 

In fact I did think about it. My answer to my question is, it depends. So no, he is not automatically innocent just because the guy was trying to take his gun.

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Moving the goalposts.

Changing the narrative.

Ignoring the original argument.

You're attempting to justify murder in an attempt to defend Marjorie Taylor Greene.  You're attempting to do it by agreeing or seeming to agree with her premise that Kyle Rittenhouse was just a scared confused boy who travelled multiple states away with illegal weapons to "defend" businesses" that didn't ask for his help with illegal weapons smuggled across state lines by him and his mom as he travelled with a group of known white supremacists

You're attempting to justify murder in an attempt to defend Marjorie Taylor Greene with her premise that Rittenhouse was a scared little boy but a 13 year old with no weapon in his hands was a scary armed adult.

Kinda says a lot about you clam

Further to that point, here's the "scared little boy" posing with a white supremacist group (and flashing a racist sign) at a bar:

Bond agreement for Kyle Rittenhouse modified after he was seen at Racine  Co. bar

And here's the group photo of the racist gathering:

IN PHOTOS: Kyle Rittenhouse at Mount Pleasant bar | Crime & Courts |  kenoshanews.com

• Hydration 2

32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Further to that point, here's the "scared little boy" posing with a white supremacist group (and flashing a racist sign) at a bar:

Bond agreement for Kyle Rittenhouse modified after he was seen at Racine  Co. bar

And here's the group photo of the racist gathering:

IN PHOTOS: Kyle Rittenhouse at Mount Pleasant bar | Crime & Courts |  kenoshanews.com

What do you expect in country that wants to divide itself by race?

37 minutes ago, Chesster said:

In fact I did think about it. My answer to my question is, it depends. So no, he is not automatically innocent just because the guy was trying to take his gun.

he's also not 'automatically innocent' by bringing a gun somewhere he didn't need to in the first place. He created the danger. But you know this.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I expect people not to be nazi's. Whats your bar? 

Is that what that sign means? I didn't know that. I thought it was a white power sign like a raised fist is a black power sign.

Edited by Chesster
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Chesster said:

Is that what that sign means? I didn't know that. I thought it was a white power sign like a raised fist is a black power sign. Are the black power sign guys Nazis?

nice try. Which one was trying for equal rights again? hmm... 

• Hydration 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

nice try. Which one was trying for equal rights again? hmm... 

I think I'm right. It's too bad. I'm a big believer in the same philosophy as MLK agreed with, but that has lost out it seems.

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.