The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No they didn't. (at least not the bulk of them) The correctly reported that he had floated the idea of injecting disinfectant.

It was just random people who started referring to "drinking bleach"..... Mainly because idiots like this interpreted Trump's comments as such:

https://whdh.com/news/health-officials-man-drank-toxic-cleaning-product-after-trumps-comments-on-disinfectants/

In regards to your assertion that MTG was being polite, I posted those two search results to demonstrate the fact that it's not just me who thinks your wrong....it's the entire internet....

You know he was talking about light therapy and so did the media. If anyone is culpable it's the media and anyone who knowingly repeats the lie.

• RoughGame 1

Just watched a Q and A between Joe Kennedy and Stacey Abrams about Georgia's voting laws. It looked like Joe thought he was going to catch Stacey unprepared, but boy did he get that wrong....

He asked what specifically, she didn't like about the bill. She responded with a list of about a dozen things, too fast for the old boy to keep up with.

The Dems need to find somewhere for this woman. She is far too smart and talented to be on the outside looking in.

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Ricky Gervais Laughing GIF

Sure sure. Hilarious. And MTG is Nazi who thinks Jews are shooting space lasers at California while beating up on helpless children. What is the story on Desantis besides defeating Covid? See, I can do it to.

• RoughGame 1
1 minute ago, Chesster said:

Sure sure. Hilarious. And MTG is Nazi who thinks Jews are shooting space lasers at California while beating up on helpless children. What is the story on Desantis besides defeating Covid? See, I can do it to.

you're taking the contrarian to new heights. Please continue. 

4 minutes ago, Chesster said:

You know he was talking about light therapy and so did the media. If anyone is culpable it's the media and anyone who knowingly repeats the lie.

He did talk about light and he might not have been ridiculed if he had just stopped there.....but he most certainly did go on to ask about whether injecting disinfectant could be effective.....

• Thanks 2
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you're taking the contrarian to new heights. Please continue. 

Well no. DeSantis would have my vote today. I haven't heard anything negative. I heard 60 minutes did some kind of hit piece that was nonsense. I didn't see it.

• RoughGame 1
5 minutes ago, Chesster said:

Defeating? :huh:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

• Thanks 1

Well no. DeSantis would have my vote today. I haven't heard anything negative. I heard 60 minutes did some kind of hit piece that was nonsense. I didn't see it.

that would be awesome, to see Trump and DeSantis tear at each other for the next republican nomination. The confusion within the base would be epic. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be awesome, to see Trump and DeSantis tear at each other for the next republican nomination. The confusion within the base would be epic. 

In a way, I think it would be a good thing for the GOP to have someone like Desantis vie for the nomination.

As repulsive as RD is, Trump is many times worse and I could actually see a scenario where Desantis mounts a legitimate challenge to Bone Spurs.

That being said, I'm still on Team Coronary where Trump is concerned.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

In a way, I think it would be a good thing for the GOP to have someone like Desantis vie for the nomination.

As repulsive as RD is, Trump is many times worse and I could actually see a scenario where Desantis mounts a legitimate challenge to Bone Spurs.

That being said, I'm still on Team Coronary where Trump is concerned.

yeah that would simplify things. Even in jail Trump would still hold his base, maybe even grow it. 

10 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Like loui erikkson is the canucks hope for a stanley cup this or any year

What's wrong with Desantis. I haven't heard the assigned narrative yet.

• RoughGame 1
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah that would simplify things. Even in jail Trump would still hold his base, maybe even grow it.

This is how I know there is no God....

Jim Fixx dies of a heart attack while jogging.....meanwhile a lying, racist POS like Trump eats fast food like it's going out of style, disdains exercise, yet is still alive after almost 3/4 of a century....<_<

• Hydration 2
35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He did talk about light and he might not have been ridiculed if he had just stopped there.....but he most certainly did go on to ask about whether injecting disinfectant could be effective.....

Even if in between he was talking about something other than light, there is still nothing irresponsible spoken. The reporting was irresponsible.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1
8 minutes ago, Chesster said:

Even if in between he was talking about something other than light, there is still nothing irresponsible spoken. The reporting was irresponsible.

Seriously? :huh:

This has nothing to do with "reporting". This is what Trump said and gullible fools (which are what the bulk of Trump's support base are) started ingesting disinfectant immediately afterward. https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/

You mentioned the word "weak" before....well, blaming "The Media" for Trump's comments and his supporters' stupidity is the epitome of weak....

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seriously? :huh:

This has nothing to do with "reporting". This is what Trump said and gullible fools (which are what the bulk of Trump's support base are) started ingesting disinfectant immediately afterward. https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/

You mentioned the word "weak" before....well, blaming "The Media" for Trump's comments and his supporters' stupidity is the epitome of weak....

People heard nonsensical media interpretations. Anyone who listened to Trump and drank bleach based on that deserves what they get. But no one did.

• RoughGame 1

People heard nonsensical media interpretations. Anyone who listened to Trump and drank bleach based on that deserves what they get. But no one did.

Incorrect: https://whdh.com/news/health-officials-man-drank-toxic-cleaning-product-after-trumps-comments-on-disinfectants/

If you don't think Trump supporters are dumb enough to take him at his word, you haven't been paying attention for the past 5 years....

• Vintage 1

I'm interested to learn what are Chester approved sources and what sources belong in the "fake news" pile since "the media" are constantly his/her whipping boys.

I'm interested to learn the methodology that Chester uses to determine his approved sources. 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm interested to learn what are Chester approved sources and what sources belong in the "fake news" pile since "the media" are constantly his/her whipping boys.

I'm interested to learn the methodology that Chester uses to determine his approved sources. 

His

Spoiler

1,784 Donkey head Vector Images, Royalty-free Donkey head Vectors |  Depositphotos®

• Thanks 1
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.