The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....I think the mistake here was in thinking that Trump followers are big readers.....

nailed it the league GIF by hero0fwar

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....I think the mistake here was in thinking that Trump followers are big readers.....

Disagree.

Those that drink the Dotard Kool-Aid can't read.:lol:

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Disagree.

Those that drink the Dotard Kool-Aid can't read.:lol:

:huh:

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-investigating-dejoy-over-possible-campaign-finance-violations-wapo-2021-6?utm_source=reddit.com

The FBI is investigating Postmaster General Louis DeJoy over possible campaign finance violations, report says

• The FBI is investigating Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, the Washington Post reports.
  • The probe concerns possible campaign finance violations at his previous company. 
  • DeJoy was previously an executive at New Breed Logistics before joining the USPS. 
  • Hydration 3

Breaking: Facebook plans to stop shielding politicians from the content rules it applies to everyone else, a sharp reversal from its position that all speech from elected officials is inherently newsworthy.

You Too Twitter.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2
36 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:lol:

I love Claire McCaskill. Shame she lost her seat to a turd like Josh Hawley.

Anyway just saw this on her Twitter. Seems these people are either media whores or they're broke as a joke.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, gurn said:

459 fans all pay, and Don jr makes 9K for typing 2-3 sentences. 

Nice gig.

9K probably doesn't last long when it goes up your nose.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Great comment by Dan Rather too....Somebody posts a photo of Joe and Jill Biden out for a bike ride.....

Rather: "Who knew they had so much room to go for bike rides while stuck in their basement?" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a day after former VP, Mike Pence called racism in America a "Left Wing myth", Ohio says "Hold my beer":

https://people.com/human-interest/army-veterans-mic-purposely-muted-during-speech-about-black-history/

A Memorial Day ceremony in Ohio has caused a stir after a 77-year-old veteran was cut off mid-speech while talking about the role Black Americans played in honoring the dead following the conclusion of the Civil War.

According to the Akron Beacon Journal, retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter was the keynote speaker at a Memorial Day ceremony hosted by the Hudson American Legion Lee-Bishop Post 464 on Monday in Hudson, Ohio.

But shortly after he began his 11-minute speech, Kemter's microphone stopped working as he discussed the history of Memorial Day and the freed Black enslaved people who helped commemorate the holiday following the Union's triumph over the Confederacy.

"The ceremony is believed to have included a parade of as many as 10,000 people, including 3,000 African American schoolchildren singing the Union marching song, 'John Brown's Body,'" Kemter said in his speech. "They were carrying armfuls of flowers and went to decorate at the graves."

Footage of the incident, provided by Hudson Community Television, show Kemter telling organizers about the problem after his mic was cut.

"I assumed it was a technical glitch," Kemter told the Washington Post.

Despite being muted, Kemter continued on with his speech, inciting people to move closer to hear him.

As the Beacon Journal reported, the event's organizers admitted they had turned off Kemter's microphone on purpose since the portion of his speech about Black history was "not relevant for the program."

"We asked him to modify his speech, and he chose not to do that," Cindy Suchan, president of the Hudson American Legion Auxiliary, said in comments made to the Beacon Journal.

The American Legion Post 464 did not respond to PEOPLE's request for comment, and instead directed inquiries to the Ohio American Legion. The organization has not responded.

Suchan told the Beacon Journal that either she or member Jim Garrison, adjutant of American Legion Lee-Bishop Post 464, was the one to mute Kemper's microphone.

She did not specify who was the one to lower the volume. Garrison declined to comment further when reached by the Akron Beacon Journal

In a post to their Twitter account on Thursday, the Ohio American Legion said Commander Roger Friend has requested the resignation of Suchan and Garrison from Post 464.

"A full investigation and Charter of this Post are pending with the Department Executive Board," the tweet said.

Kemter told the Washington Post he had hoped the story would shine a light on an important moment of history. His speech was well-received by many of the 300 in attendance, he said.

"Throughout history, there has been a lot of claims about who actually performed the first Memorial Day service," Kemter explained. "With this speech, I chose to educate people as to the origin of Memorial Day and why we were celebrating it."

<_<

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1
On 6/3/2021 at 1:51 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

You must not be paying attention....Trump still controls the GOP, which is why Red states all over the country are enacting (or trying to enact) voter suppression bills to try and pave the way for him to return in 2024.

If it bothers you, you don't need to partake. There are lots of other threads....

I don't disagree but at some point people are just fatigued by it unfortunately, it's why I mock the left sometimes because I know many of their supporters have no follow through. "Biden is president now, our work is done".

See Obama and the 2010 mid terms.

18 hours ago, gurn said:

459 fans all pay, and Don jr makes 9K for typing 2-3 sentences. 

Nice gig.

the only thing missing is the red light 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats the best you have now? ouch. 

I guess that's what it's like when you finally get to the bottom of the Youtube barrel.....:unsure:

• Hydration 1
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.