The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have never stated I support Biden,I have always stated he is the lesser of 2 evils.

He is a billion times better than trump both as a person and an elected official.

OK, Don't agree with the lesser of 2 evils, But no issues with your opinion otherwise.

10 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Dude, Are you delusional? People are really sensitive these days..I don't know anymore as what they identify themself as...I know the difference between man and woman..what was I supposed to call him?

what she wants to be called. Is that really that difficult? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Absolute worst case, "they" and "them" are gender neutral and not dehumanizing. 

it just comes down to basic respect. You don't call someone by a label they don't want. You may not agree or like it or choose it for yourself but thats not the point, its not about you.

But thats where we are at. So many conservatives choose to act like bottom feeders like Nux, and they really seem to get off on it. If his actual world view is anything like what he does on here I feel sorry for him. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

That always boggles my mind.  It makes zero difference in a person's life, yet they get so worked up about.

One of my colleagues, a grade 4/5 teacher, is a very religious guy and he has a student exploring gender fluidity this year and he's really struggling with it.  As the SOGI rep for my school I try and talk him through things and that's one of the things I say to him.  He gets all twisted up because one day the student seems to want to be male, other days female, others non-binary.  My conversation with him is always the same.......what difference does it make?  Does it impact the way you teach of the way you treat them?  Of course not.  I tell that's why they call it exploring......they're just trying on different identities, but the core person is still the same.

Luckily he's an incredibly kind, caring person and would never let his own personal feelings influence the relationship, but he really twists his own brain into knots over it.

I mean I guess you can hit him with the religious angle and ask him "would Jesus love this person any less" and maybe that will hit home. My brother is this way, he really can't handle things like this. I see that as a common thing among people who claim to be religious. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Whatever it identifies as can't even figure out it's sex, Forget the fact it's telling us about 'well-being'..and whatever you do in your bedroom is none of my business.

Dangerous territory son

Edited by Warhippy

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But Hunter's laptop!

Criminal charges possible:

Negligent homicide

Aiding and abetting

conspiracy

Whatever, throw every single appropriate charge at this moron. This man helped people kill people.

LOCK HIM UP.

Edited by gurn
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

43 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

His first sentence is he'll deny he knows anything and yet I imagine he knows he's being filmed... superspy he ain't.

He also apparently posted a FB message along the lines of “do you think they’ll buy it if I say I was cleaning my glasses and didn’t see them” referring to the people he opened the door and let in.

He was fully aware that this was being live-streamed, so yeah not the brightest bulb obviously.

The session during which he coached constituents was livestreamed on Dec. 16 and is posted to YouTube under the account of “The Black Conservative Preacher.” Nearman said he was speaking from the office of the Freedom Foundation, a group tied to conservative billionaires that pays Nearman to serve as a senior fellow.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

It's always surprising to me, the idea that getting attention is so important to some people. No matter what kind of attention that it.

The internet casts a microscope on it. Those that will troll and cast ignorant opinions, just so someone, anyone, will 'see them'.

I have heard some greetings in other languages translate to mean just that...'I see you'. I understand that, It takes strong person to be able to realise that we are born and die alone in this life.

Some believe in a higher being to help them with this existential crisis. These gods have a set of rules based on morals, commandments etc...

So, I wonder why some of the negative attention seeking believers think they will ever get a chance to meet their maker? 

Don't those types just get to burn? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Criminal charges possible:

Negligent homicided

Adding and abetting

conspiracy

Whatever, throw every single appropriate charge at this moron. This man helped people kill people.

LOCK HIM UP.

Tag the Repugs with RICO charges and lock up as many of those Nazis as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.