The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

30 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think they're actually special elastic pants he has to wear as a result of suffering from incontinence.  Dude wears diapers.  :lol:

That's what I was thinking. And whats with wrinkles below his diaper? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's actually going to win the GoP nomination again.

I said at the start of ALL of this that Trump would tear the US right apart.  That he'd split the party and show the world what they really were.

Hard to say if Trump runs he won't win the nomination again, hard to say he Winans has not exposed the GoP leadership for being the toasting lickspittles and the brown nosing sycophants they are.

Kinda cheering for Trump to run again just so we can see him lose and completely shatter the party

No doubt if he runs again he will easily win the nomination. If you look at those who would run if Trump didn't, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Nikki Haley they are all "Trump lite". Why would anyone go for Trump Lite if Trump Original was available?

If he does get the nomination and runs for President, he gets his ass kicked in the popular vote for the 3rd consecutive time. The conventional wisdom is Republicans take the House in 2022 Congressional elections. Unless Biden completely fracks everything up I don't see this happening as long as the GOP continues operating as a servile, spineless, stand for nothing party. I think another 18 months of their 'opposition of spite' will come back to haunt them. 

Trump is the biggest loser in presidential politics in 90 years (since Herbert Hoover).

Just take a look at his resume..... 

Lost popular vote by 2.8 million votes in 2016

Lost House of Reps in 2018

Lost Senate in 2020. Including 2 special elections in normally Red Georgia. When everyone knew control of the Senate was on the line.

Lost the Presidency by 8 million votes in 2020

Lost approx 450,000 lives due to his inept handling of the virus.

Got Impeached twice.

However, I don't think he will run. I think he's going to be facing way too many legal issues. I think we'll see a virtual 'Clown Car' of mini Trumps all trying to out-Trump each other.

• Vintage 2

39 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Did the same thing at my childhood home when I was maybe 14/15. My parents are still there 14 years later and not one JW has come by since.

Not judging, just curious how you, or Trump for that matter, ended up zipping, buttoning and fastening a belt? I mean there should have been more than a few hints through the process, no?

::D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The Democrats need to find a way to get rid of Joe Manchin.

I don't know if he's deliberately sabotaging Biden's agenda to placate his Red State voters, or if he's truly gullible enough to believe that Republicans are in any way interested in bipartisanship. But while he's playing Pollyanna, Republicans are laying the groundwork for stealing the next election by keeping minorities from voting.

If Manchin were a Republican, he would have been censured and removed from any leadership position and committees. He would also be primaried at the earliest opportunity.

If the Dems don't start fighting dirty like the Repugs, they're going to see four more years of Trump running roughshod over US democracy.

No way they get rid of Manchin. The Dems are very fortunate they have a Senator from West Virginia. If Manchin retires that seat is as good as gone and the Senate flips and they get zero done.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

No way they get rid of Manchin. The Dems are very fortunate they have a Senator from West Virginia. If Manchin retires that seat is as good as gone and the Senate flips and they get zero done.

I'd trade WV for DC and Puerto Rico....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

:lol:

really??

I mean I've suggested, If they could just put Biden's teleprompter on screen so we can just read it ourselves..Would save a lot of time, Agreed?

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

I mean I've suggested, If they could just put Biden's teleprompter on screen so we can just read it ourselves..Would save a lot of time, Agreed?

Why do we suddenly care about things like the POTUS' public speaking ability? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Why do we suddenly care about things like the POTUS' public speaking ability? 

Honestly bro, He will make you fall asleep..try it! You will be sleepier than sleepy Joe!

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I would love to find out the oranges of Nux's love affair with the orange one.  You know, the oranges.  The oranges of the love affair.

(Hopefully people with recognize what I did there).

Drugs are bad kids ( ^ Prime example)...just like Creepy Joe, Even you can't put a coherent sentence together..Is it contagious?

Just now, nux4lyfe said:

Honestly bro, He will make you fall asleep..try it! You will be sleepier than sleepy Joe!

So Trump couldn't stay anywhere close to on-subject and was seemingly incapable of coherently articulating a thought (any, not just his own), but because he did it with some gusto he's all good?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, nux4lyfe said:

Drugs are bad kids ( ^ Prime example)...just like Creepy Joe, Even you can't put a coherent sentence together..Is it contagious?

You do realize that my post was a take on TRUMP's repeated attempts to say ORIGINS, but instead said ORANGES three times.  He even clearly indicated that he was indeed trying to say ORIGINS.  This is your champion speaking publicly, off teleprompter.  Since you like videos so much, here is a shorty.  He says ORIGINS twice in the beginning, then the third time at the end.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

So Trump couldn't stay anywhere close to on-subject and was seemingly incapable of coherently articulating a thought (any, not just his own), but because he did it with some gusto he's all good?

I'm sure he laid out his plan..and kept his promise..hence why he was elected. People got it.

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

You do realize that my post was a take on TRUMP's repeated attempts to say ORIGINS, but instead said ORANGES three times.  He even clearly indicated that he was indeed trying to say ORIGINS.  This is your champion speaking publicly, off teleprompter.  Since you like videos so much, here is a shorty.  He says ORIGINS twice in the beginning, then the third time at the end.

Have you ever been to Bawston, I mean Boston?...Or even NY?..You should see how they talk..

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Pretty petty attempt...Dude, he just throws it in your face like you got nothing!

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Have you ever been to Bawston, I mean Boston?...Or even NY?..You should see how they talk..

Well, when he says ORIGIN correctly, then goes back at the end saying ORANGES, this line of thinking is null and void.  Thing is, if TRUMP had shown a hard NY accent throughout, and he didn't say ORIGIN after saying ORANGES, then you may have a point.

• Hydration 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.