The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

10 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

That amount of anger and time spent on a  former president if not your president me would think holy blank get a life but w/e global lockdowns I guess time is better spent carrying on and on about Trump. 

This would make sense if one believed that a US president's actions affect no country other than the US....

....but no-one around here is stupid enough to believe that, right?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

While that may be funny it is completely inaccurate. No way in hell Joe would remember where the door is.

Wow.

That's weaker than a newborn hamster...

1 minute ago, Burkerz said:

Oh I know..

Obviously you take it to heart when someone attacks a liberal leader in the United States. Would you be as offended if I made fun off Corbyn? Or does your reach end in Washington?

Attack all you like...

It was your sorry attempt at being funny that was weak.

You really should try harder, because it's just a matter of time before one of the mods gives you the boot....again....

Canada had it's lowest unemployment rate since records were kept under the Trump presidency. Arguably Trump helped Trudeau. Is anyone stupid enough to believe Trump affected Canada negatively given the record jump numbers? I think Trudeau would think those of you that believe that are crazy. 

Yeah, one could argue that.....if one was an idiot...:rolleyes:

You seem to have forgotten Trump declaring Canada a threat to US National security, so he could impose tariffs on Canadian steel and aluminum. You also seem to have forgotten the moron calling Climate Change a "Chinese hoax"....

So if I'm not funny enough I will get the boot?

Odd I don't recall seeing that. What I can see is @Canorth, @Cerridwen and yourself violate board rules when you choose to swear but leave a letter or two out. But I guess maybe it's ok if you're in love with liberal US politics and the rest of us have to be funny?

I have a history of predicting such things.....a very successful history, as you are likely to find out.

7 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

No it's not redundant it's pointing out the facts. So I really don't buy the theory that 75 million Americans are complete idiots. Considering JB received more votes and told people Russia was behind this set up on his son which we now know he knew and lied maybe the real dumb people are the 80 million Americans that voted JB. Sucks to be American with those choices and I'm from a country where my choice is between O'toole and Trudeau lol. North half of NA is a joke haha.

A fact can be redundant. You essentially said Trump had more votes than any president before 2016. While true, it's redundant.

Anyway, your logic is again flawed. You refuse the 'buy the theory that 75 million Americans are complete idiots' but then proceed to entertain the idea that 80 million are idiots because they voted for Joe. it's comical.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

But like I said lowest unemployment rate for Canada while trump was president. Also the world moved on from trump's idiotic position on the environment. And ftr under Obama ghg emissions were high also. So again how was he bad for Canada?

So are the mods also anti Trump and pro left wing? Is that how you 3 get away with breaking the rules?

I already explained how Trump was bad for Canada.....and Trump doesn't get credit for Canada's employment record.

The World may have "moved on" from Trump's idiocy regarding Climate Change, but there's a very real chance that idiot gets back in power in 2024. That's how this conversation started....

13 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

It seems hard to believe but generally when voter turnout is high it doesn't end well for the incumbent. 

People in this thread really do live in the past...

Actually, most people here value others opinions - but some only as long as it aligns with theirs.  I gave up trying to reach those - mute is better, trust me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

Actually it would be you that missed it. Not comical nor surprising. If the 75 million are dumb dumbstruck aren't the 80 million also dumb dumbs? 

Except nobody called the 75million dumb...

• Hydration 1
24 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

No it's not redundant it's pointing out the facts. So I really don't buy the theory that 75 million Americans are complete idiots. Considering JB received more votes and told people Russia was behind this set up on his son which we now know he knew and lied maybe the real dumb people are the 80 million Americans that voted JB. Sucks to be American with those choices and I'm from a country where my choice is between O'toole and Trudeau lol. North half of NA is a joke haha.

Lol…Trudeau waved his O’toole and half the nation swooned. 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Burkerz said:

So Trump doesn't get credit? Sure but if things are the best they have been one looks like a idiot blaming him when things are so good.

Only you guys being overly involved in Trump believe he has a chance or will even run for the nomination in 2024. He might even be on trial or in jail by then.

Sure, the US and Canada are trading partners, so they will influence each other's economies. At the same time, Trump forced a new NAFTA on Canada, in which Canada's dairy industry was brought up as a thing that Canada allegedly took for granted with America. The relations with Canada have never been friendly under Trump, so I have no clue what kind of pot you're smoking.

I would also say Trump had a big part in messing up China/Canadian relations too, including having two Michaels being kidnapped. Then afterwards, leaving Canada to deal with China on its own. Trump is no friend of Canada, yet there are Trump supporters/apologists here. Pathetic.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1
7 hours ago, Canorth said:

QFT. But a stroke would do, as well. Obviously advanced dementia isn’t doing it’s job… 

Im actually scared what might happen when he dies. It has to be extremely obvious that it was natural causes or his supporters are going to go nuts with conspiracy theories about how it was pelosi slipping something in his drink to kill him or something. 

5 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Im actually scared what might happen when he dies. It has to be extremely obvious that it was natural causes or his supporters are going to go nuts with conspiracy theories about how it was pelosi slipping something in his drink to kill him or something. 

I'll take my chances....^_^

You know what would be awesome? If Fauci were the one to announce the cause of death....That would be some expert level trolling right there....

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

I'm guessing that @Burkerz has been McCawed....but in case there are any like minded posters still lurking about, I'll just leave this here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/markets/the-end-of-the-trump-presidency-brought-the-us-one-of-its-biggest-spikes-in-global-approval-ratings-on-record/ar-AAKUB1v?li=AAggNb9

The global image of the United States has vastly improved since President Joe Biden took office compared to all-time low ratings under former President Donald Trump's leadership, new data released by Pew Research Center on Thursday shows.

Pew Research Center polled people in 16 countries and the results show a major shift in public attitudes after Trump left the White House.

The US' average favorability rating increased by 28 percentage points this year - one of the biggest spikes on record since Pew started polling more than two decades ago. The number jumped from 34% in 2020 to 62% this year.

In six countries - France, Germany, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands and Canada - positive opinions of the US grew by at least 25 percentage points, returning to the high ratings seen during the Obama era.

Overall trust in the US president within the international community hit historic lows under Trump. The Pew study showed that with Biden, the numbers have rebounded to pre-Trump levels.

Around 75% of people surveyed expressed confidence in Biden to do the right thing when it comes to world affairs. A year ago, only 17% said the same for Trump.

Public confidence was particularly high among the US' European allies. In Germany, 78% of respondents expressed confidence in Biden as a leader compared to just 10% who said so about Trump last year.

• Hydration 2
14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I just came here to respond to Burkerz but.....guess I missed it

image.thumb.png.20148d58e48c3dc0530baf72210dfbb8.png

Yep. You gotta be pretty quick to outdraw Stealth....

Gunslinger Cartoon High Res Stock Images | Shutterstock

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. You gotta be pretty quick to outdraw Stealth....

Gunslinger Cartoon High Res Stock Images | Shutterstock

I had just come to post....

" nux4lyfe last posts Sunday at 02:24 PM

Burkerz registers, shows up and runs straight here to post on Tuesday at 10:05 PM

Interesting that nux hasn't posted since that time and now Burkerz, has nothing to show as far as recent activity anymore.... hmmmm...

Methinks the Mighty McCaw came to visit while we weren't looking!"

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 2
3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I had just come to post....

" nux4lyfe last posts Sunday at 02:24 PM

Burkerz registers, shows up and runs straight here to post on Tuesday at 10:05 PM

Interesting that nux hasn't posted since that time and now Burkerz, has nothing to show as far as recent activity anymore.... hmmmm...

Methinks the Mighty McCaw came to visit while we weren't looking!"

That's some pretty impressive detectin' there C....

Stealth is probably drawing up the contract as we speak....B)

• Haha 1
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.