The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Certainly. Having a population of over a billion will certainly contribute to that though. Perhaps if China hadn't have allowed their population to balloon to that number they could have avoided the poverty?

They tried the one child policy and it had some severe intended consequences.  I'm no fan of the CCP, but they're one of the few governments in the world that actually take overpopulation seriously.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They tried the one child policy and it had some severe intended consequences.  I'm no fan of the CCP, but they're one of the few governments in the world that actually take overpopulation seriously.

To what end? 1,444,216,107 people tells me that they didn't take it seriously enough. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That is gruesome. I wonder why there wasn't an incentive based campaign instead.

the CCP's version of incentive is do what I want or go to jail. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's not great when the prevalent view towards elder care is having your kids take care of you.

'Struth....

TBH, it worries me a bit....I'm not even sure my kids can take care of a goldfish....:unsure:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry on this one:

If there were only some way to really investigate what happened and get to the bottom of it.

Like, I dunno, maybe a bipartisan January 6th commission? <_<

And Revolver News being “one of the last honest outlets on the internet?

Lol, yeah sure, a “news” source with a questionable level of factual reporting and rated as having an “extreme right” media bias? Sounds trustworthy to me. :lol:

Gotta love how the right wing media somehow manages to completely ignore the obvious role of Trump and the GOP in the insurrection, and instead looks to turn the blame on the Biden administration for “covering up” what actually happened on January 6th.

Of course, Fox News has demonstrated that “no reasonable person” would believe this reporting from Tucker (or Revolver News), but unfortunately, their audience isn’t composed of reasonable people, so I’m sure this is going to get a lot of traction (I mean, many of these people still think that “Antifa” stormed the Capital while cosplaying as “patriots”). :sadno:

Ever notice that Tucker never actually makes any claims? All he does is ask leading questions, strongly suggesting that the answer is obvious....

I guess that's what getting sued and having to use the "nobody should take me seriously" defense does for you....:rolleyes:

• Hydration 1

57 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah you don't want the office facing a river in China. 

it must be like working in the medical industry in Russia....

.....everyone wants a ground floor office....

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

it must be like working in the medical industry in Russia....

.....everyone wants a ground floor office....

I think in Russia its more like you let other people touch the door knobs. "Oh no, after you, I insist" 

• Hydration 2

34 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think in Russia its more like you let other people touch the door knobs. "Oh no, after you, I insist" 

There's that too....

"Oh, no thanks! I had Polonium for breakfast!".....

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

BIDEN SAYS ASKED PUTIN HOW HE WOULD FEEL IF RUSSIA'S OIL FIELDS WERE HIT BY RANSOMWARE.

Little different tone than when Dotard was in charge.

You mean to tell me Putin isn’t a stand-up guy that we shouldn’t find any reason not to believe over American intelligence agencies? I’m shocked. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

...and I made no comment on that point. I'll leave it to others to conduct that debate.

My comment was directed at Mao's intent. While it's true that he thought his ideas would improve the country's outlook overall, it's also true that he didn't care how many millions died to see his goals through.

We could debate which of Mao, Stalin or Hitler was "the worst", but I see little point in such a line of discussion. All three knowingly and purposely took an active part in the deaths of millions. That tells me all I need to know about their "intentions"....

That was my point.

As for intentions let's take the example of the guy in London who allegedly rammed the car and caused four deaths.

If he intentionally did for any reason it is either murder or a hate crime.

If he did while drunk it is still a crime however there was probably no intent to kill.

If it was just an accident then it is just plain bad luck.

Intentions mean everything.

So when you compare a person who intentionally tried to exterminate an entire race to a person who #@#$$$ things up trying to help people that comparison will not hold up.

Yang Yisheng has studied the great China famine all his life and at the age of 72 he has written a book about it called Tombstone.

To quote from that book "it's a very complicated historical process why China believed in Maoism,and took this path. It wasn't one person's mistake but many people's. It was a process."

Edited by Ilunga

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.