The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jesus H......:picard:

Medicare and Medicaid are "Socialst schemes", you idiot.....

Remember in 2011 when the Canucks were a powerhouse. And then by 2013 they were regularly playing guys like Andrew Ebbett and were no longer a contender?

Stefanik is the Republicans' Andrew Ebbett. You don't replace the Liz Cheneys with Elise Stefaniks because it weakens the whole team. You can't win with people like Stefanik/Ebbett.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They dumped Liz Cheney for this numbskull.

Expect more from your elected officials.

I actually had to read this several times to get my head around it. What a twit. 

• Hydration 2

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Remember in 2011 when the Canucks were a powerhouse. And then by 2013 they were regularly playing guys like Andrew Ebbett and were no longer a contender?

Stefanik is the Republicans' Andrew Ebbett. You don't replace the Liz Cheneys with Elise Stefaniks because it weakens the whole team. You can't win with people like Stefanik/Ebbett.

I was thinking Zac Dalpe....

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

They have not been able to win for the last 50 years without rigging the system.

And now they aren't even trying to hide the fact they are rigging the system even more in their favour.

• Hydration 3

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Tye fact that Liz Cheney is being held up as the moderate wing of the party should tell you how extreme they've become because she's a right wing nut job OG.  She's even too far right for papa Cheney

NY Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, Attorney General James says.

NEW YORK ATTORNEY GENERAL SAYS PROBE INTO SEXUAL MISCONDUCT ALLEGATIONS AGAINST GOVERNOR ANDREW CUOMO FOUND HE VIOLATED FEDERAL AND STATE LAW

• Sad 2

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President/ Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Women Says Report

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ny-ag-cuomo-allegations-report-1.6127820

An investigation found that Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed nearly a dozen women in and out of state government and worked to retaliate against one of his accusers, New York's attorney general announced Tuesday hastening calls for the Democrat's resignation or impeachment. 

The governor remained defiant, saying in a taped response to the findings that "the facts are much different than what has been portrayed" and that he "never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances."

The nearly five-month investigation found that Cuomo's administration was a "hostile work environment" and was "rife with fear and intimidation."

The probe, conducted by two outside lawyers, involved interviews with 179 people including accusers, current and former administration employees and the governor himself.

Employment lawyer Anne Clark, who led the probe with former U.S. Attorney Joon Kim, said they found 11 accusers to be credible, noting the allegations were corroborated to varying degrees, including by other witnesses and contemporaneous text messages.

"These interviews and pieces of evidence revealed a deeply disturbing yet clear picture: Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed current and former state employees in violation of federal and state laws," Attorney General Letitia James said at a press conference on Tuesday.

16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Doesn't bode well if she takes over for Joe in 2024 and Trump is running again, as he single handedly is outraising the entire Republican party and has an absolutely rabid following which only appears to grow.

I really don't see Trump running again and if he does I think they lose big time.  He's alienated moderate repubs and the demographics of key states are changing rapidly.

26 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Doesn't bode well if she takes over for Joe in 2024 and Trump is running again, as he single handedly is outraising the entire Republican party and has an absolutely rabid following which only appears to grow.

Really? You think his base is growing? From everything I've read, it's actually shrinking....He'll never lose the die-hard MAGATs, but that's a pretty small percentage of the overall voter picture.

The January 6th debacle and his continued lying about election fraud has to have cost him some moderates.....

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: If Joe decides not to run again in 2024, it doesn't mean that Kamala automatically becomes the Democratic nominee....

Maybe Kamala Harris is the nominee, and Joe (who isn’t gettin any younger) steps aside after straightening out things?  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Kamala Harris is the nominee, and Joe (who isn’t gettin any younger) steps aside after straightening out things?  

Maybe. But she would still have to go through the nomination process.

I think her "unpopularity" right now has a lot to do with Joe sticking her with the job of dealing with the Mexico border problem. That's a tough nut for her to crack, but I don't really think it will carry over to 2024....

Edit: Unless you mean that Joe steps aside before his term is finished? I think that's unlikely...

Edited by RUPERTKBD

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.