DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2021

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It probably won’t happen (car wrecks like Trump are just too entertaining for people not to watch), but I hope Biden’s town hall beats Trump’s in the ratings.

Donald would lose his mind (or what’s left of it, anyway) if that happened.

Trump can handle bad polls, and losing to Biden on pretty much every category, but if he actually lost the TV ratings war, that would be such a huge blow to his ego.

I was going to watch Trump but wife said “you have to watch Biden to help the ratings”

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Whole sh!t... this reporter  is beating Trump down to tiny tiny man he actually is. Not an inch of bull$&!# allowed.... sooo refreshing. 

Getting slain by voters questions...

Who the fck on Trumps campaign thought this would be a good idea...

Who the fck on the Dem side thought this would be a bad idea...

Lol... carry on Mr President.. please!

What a disaster of a human being 

Any video links? I missed out on this

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Any video links? I missed out on this

Twitter is a gold mine full

Here is a funny one :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Twitter is a gold mine full

Here is a funny one :lol:

2 weeks too late imo. Also, hasn't the whole fraudulent ballot thing been discredited? Weren't they ballot applications? Also, would have liked to hear his take on the California republicans putting up fake ballot boxes. It's also quite ironic that he is making all this fuss about an election that, supposedly, is in danger of fraud yet was helped by Russia interfering in the 2016 election.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

GOP’s Sen. Sasse says Trump mistreats women, flirts with white supremacy and secretly mocks evangelicals

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gops-sen-sasse-says-trump-mistreats-women-flirts-with-white-supremacy-and-secretly-mocks-evangelicals/ar-BB1a4hex?li=BBnb7Kz

Too little, too late. When Sen. Sasse has the chance in his primary, he was full on loving Trump. 

Now that he’s facing an election where he could lose to a Dem, he’s thrown Trump under the bus. 

He’s a disgusting caricature of politics at its worse. Sasee only cares about his job, not his constituents, nor his State, and definitely not his country. 

He’s a Trump by a different name. 

• Hydration 2

22 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Too little, too late. When Sen. Sasse has the chance in his primary, he was full on loving Trump. 

Now that he’s facing an election where he could lose to a Dem, he’s thrown Trump under the bus. 

He’s a disgusting caricature of politics at its worse. Sasee only cares about his job, not his constituents, nor his State, and definitely not his country. 

He’s a Trump by a different name. 

I think he got bought by Trump endorsement, in 2016 he compared Trump to David Duke.

He was routinely very critical of DT, once he got the endorsement he stopped talking negatively about him.

I don’t think he changed his mind.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I think he got bought by Trump endorsement, in 2016 he compared Trump to David Duke.

He was routinely very critical of DT, once he got the endorsement he stopped talking negatively about him.

I don’t think he changed his mind.

I agree. Sasse has a pretty safe seat and his biggest threat was his primary challenge which he needed DTs backing for.  Now that it’s In the past, he no loner needs Trump and goes back to how he really feels... Again, all about the money and influence..

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I agree. Sasse has a pretty safe seat and his biggest threat was his primary challenge which he needed DTs backing for.  Now that it’s In the past, he no loner needs Trump and goes back to how he really feels... Again, all about the money and influence..

Agree 100%.

You don’t compare a guy to former grand wizard of KKK and change your opinion soon after.

No sir, it’s all about money and power.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Over the course of almost 4000 pages, several stories have come up that are at odds with Trump supporters' claims that he is "a man of the people", "looking out for the little guy", etc...

Here's another:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/us/politics/stock-market-coronavirus-trump.html

More in the link.

To be clear, what happened might not have been technically illegal, (insider trading) but what it boils down to is that trump was telling "the common people" that everything was "in control", he was telling the rich scumbags who donate to his party something else entirely.

The MAGA crowd should be outraged at this, but my guess is that they won't. That's the thing about being part of a cult....you don't even know you're in one....

Are you outraged that Biden sells his office to foreign interests for millions? You aren't. He represents the morality of his followers. I'm totally fine with it too. That's life in the swamp. But slimy denials, censorship, and the laughable idea that he is somehow morally superior to Trump, are uncalled for.

Are you for open Canadian borders or just open US borders?

Edited by Listerene

13 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

^^^Over/under on how long this one lasts? I’ll set it at 2.5 weeks 

I'll take the under.

Cue the green parrot.

• Hydration 4

18 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

^^^Over/under on how long this one lasts? I’ll set it at 2.5 weeks 

That one is probably clam again. 

32 minutes ago, Listerene said:

Are you outraged that Biden sells his office to foreign interests for millions? You aren't. He represents the morality of his followers. I'm totally fine with it too. That's life in the swamp. But slimy denials, censorship, and the laughable idea that he is somehow morally superior to Trump, are uncalled for.

Cool beans, we got 22 years worth of Biden's tax returns lol. Where's Trump's again? Hey how about that scam university and charity he was running that both got shut down? "Somehow" is what one would say if they had a negative IQ. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Hydration 1

34 minutes ago, Listerene said:

This incarnation of 'guess who' didn't take long  :rolleyes:  Clean up on Aisle @listerene needed...

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Haha 3

Just now, Duodenum said:

That one is probably clam again. 

Cool beans, we got 22 years worth of Biden's tax returns lol. Where's Trump's again? 

With the IRS where they are supposed to be. You think the IRS is corrupt? I don't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

This incarnation of 'guess who' didn't take long  :rolleyes:  Clean up on Aisle Listerine needed...

You're a funny one. Too bad the chicken handle is taken. lol