DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2021

10 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

No man. Trump is committing tax avoidance if anything not tax evasion. Learn your concepts before you speak out about them. 

Sure thing perfesser....I'll make sure I study up on that before the mid-term....:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Again, seems to me that if that's the case he has nothing to hide.  So why is he hiding it?  As well, are you an American or Canadian certified accountant?

Why do you assume he's "hiding" his tax returns. There's absolutely no reason for him to make those publically available other than for the media to make another article. Do you want to post your tax returns for us to see here? The IRS will handle that side of his finances.

Just now, Zfetch said:

Why do you assume he's "hiding" his tax returns. There's absolutely no reason for him to make those publically available other than for the media to make another article. Do you want to post your tax returns for us to see here? The IRS will handle that side of his finances.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518728-ex-watergate-prosecutor-predicts-trump-charges-on-tax-evasion-after

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Trump has been performing illegal activities to avoid paying taxes among other things. If you think that's tax avoidance, I'm glad you're not my accountant. lol

Source?

Just now, Zfetch said:

Source?

There won't be solid accounts yet, but there's a lot of indication he's going to get charged for it once he's out of office. They can't do it when he's in supposedly. I provided you a link above. There were a lot of articles on it.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Someone who is not on Trumps accounting team "predicting" something is not a reliable source.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

There won't be solid accounts yet, but there's a lot of indication he's going to get charged for it once he's out of office. They can't do it when he's in supposedly. I provided you a link above. There were a lot of articles on it.

When he does get charged for tax evasion, as you claim, I will change my tune. But as of now he is only certain to have committed tax avoidance.

Just now, Zfetch said:

Someone who is not on Trumps accounting team "predicting" something is not a reliable source.

When he does get charged for tax evasion, as you claim, I will change my tune. But as of now he is only certain to have committed tax avoidance.

Here's another article on it that's better:

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/donald-trump-tax-evasion-us-presidential-elections-2020-6622941/

Mfw I cite accounting concepts and others keep citing media -.-

13 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The very credible indianexpress states 

What is the scale of tax evasion?

According to the NYT calculations, over the past two decades, Trump has paid about $400 million less in combined federal income taxes than a very wealthy person who paid the average for the highest-earning 0.001% of tax filers in the US. While the tax rates applicable for the richest Americans have declined over the decades, with the wealthy exploiting several “loopholes” to bring down their liabilities, The NYT notes that “most affluent people still pay a lot of federal income tax”.

The writer of this article doesn't even know what they're talking about. Nothing in this paragraph is even related to tax evasion.

Some of you really ought to learn what incentivizes each and every article out there / how a news outlet operates for profit. Maybe then you'll do a bit more due diligence than thinking you know tax because of an article that a writer creates.

Edited by Zfetch
mfw mobile formatting

16 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Sure.  I can post mine.  I have NOTHING to hide.  

But when my name, my legacy and everything I've built has been the subject of ridicule, it behooves me as a man to [produce evidence to defend myself, as such I'd produce everything down to the receipt for the chewing gum I bought back in 2009 to clear my name. 

As there are serious allegations against him there is PLENTY of reason for him to produce his returns.  Luckily the New York Times already gave us a moderate sample and *gasp* looks a lot like that evasion thing you are saying didn't happen.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Sure.  I can post mine.  I have NOTHING to hide.  

But when my name, my legacy and everything I've built has been the subject of ridicule, it behooves me as a man to [produce evidence to defend myself, as such I'd produce everything down to the receipt for the chewing gum I bought back in 2009 to clear my name. 

As there are serious allegations against him there is PLENTY of reason for him to produce his returns.  Luckily the New York Times already gave us a moderate sample and *gasp* looks a lot like that evasion thing you are saying didn't happen.

Walk it like you talk it.

Post your tax returns from 2009-current

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

On Tuesday when he posted the comment he used the term he hasn’t campaigned for the past four days.

How does that include Thursday?

To help you figure this out: 

On Tuesday the past four days were Monday

Sunday, Saturday, Friday.

That wasn’t too hard, now was it? :rolleyes:

Didn't he say he wont campaign for 4 days from Sunday around noon until the debate Thursday night. that is 4 days. not 4 days prior to the post. 

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Mfw I cite accounting concepts and others keep citing media -.-

The very credible indianexpress states 

The writer of this article doesn't even know what they're talking about. Nothing in this paragraph is even related to tax evasion.

Some of you really ought to learn what incentivizes each and every article out there / how a news outlet operates for profit. Maybe then you'll do a bit more due diligence than thinking you know tax because of an article that a writer creates.

I think you're going to be surprised in a couple of years time; as well as a lot of Republicans for that matter; just how corrupt things are compared with what the public knows now. I don't need to squabble with you right now because I am confident in what's to come.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Curious.  How do you feel about the Hunter Biden issue?  Do you feel as though the allegations are in fact meriting a serious investigation?

Just now, Zfetch said:

Walk it like you talk it.

Post your tax returns from 2009-current

Answer a few questions first before I opt to release my information including my sin number and personal financial information.

Why am I, a literal nobody being held to a higher standard than you'd hold the supposed leader of the free world?

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think you're going to be surprised in a couple of years time; as well as a lot of Republicans for that matter; just how corrupt things are compared with what the public knows now. I don't need to squabble with you right now because I am confident in what's to come.

Same could be said for the Democrats plenty of corruption to go around in the game of politics. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Curious.  How do you feel about the Hunter Biden issue?  Do you feel as though the allegations are in fact meriting a serious investigation?

I don't tend to voice a political opinion. I'm just here to get the facts straight with regards to tax, something I'd actually know what I'm talking about. I don't know politics. Not here to pick a side. Not qualified enough to give a legitimate assertion for either party.

Just now, surtur said:

Same could be said for the Democrats plenty of corruption to go around in the game of politics. 

Not nearly as much as Trump's party at the moment.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Answer a few questions first before I opt to release my information including my sin number and personal financial information.

Why am I, a literal nobody being held to a higher standard than you'd hold the supposed leader of the free world?

You don't get to make that statement as you refuse to release your taxes, by the terms of the CRA you have in fact potentially committed Tax fraud and evasion but as of this moment you are free from investigation at the federal level.  Which is why you are fighting at the CDC level to keep your records sealed

See how silly it is to make these assumptions based off news articles and your opinion of him "hiding" his returns === him guilty of tax "evasion".