DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Trump Acquitted Again in 2nd Senate Impeachment Trial 57-43

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

A POS wrapped in glitz and pretty bows is still a POS

Pretty spot on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Maybe they can pay for Dotard's legal expenses? :unsure:

He is going to need a whole lot of money to pay for his legal team.

I am sure plenty of fools will donate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

A POS wrapped in glitz and pretty bows is still a POS

As they say, you can polish a turd but it will still be a turd!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

As they say, you can polish a turd but it will still be a turd!

Lip-stick on a pig...

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

The Lincoln Project has a new ad, this time aiming directly at Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and Kevin McCarthy....I can't find it on Youtube yet, but it's embedded in this Newsweek article:

https://www.newsweek.com/scathing-lincoln-project-ad-blasts-ted-cruz-josh-hawley-capitol-riot-this-your-coup-1560951

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lip-stick on a pig...

You should have just left it Sharpie...

That Brandon Leipsic autocorrect has more or less become CDC's pwned.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

He is going to need a whole lot of money to pay for his legal team.

I am sure plenty of fools will donate.

What is his legal team going to look like? Given he's such a detestable a-hole. Unless he provides a 30 million retainer who would represent him?

His post presidency legal team is going to be worse than his election fraud legal team. Maybe Rudy will stick around as long as he isn't disbarred by the state of NY. Then you're left with a reasonable facsimile of Lionel Hutz from the Simpsons, Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld and Jim Carrey's character from "Liar Liar".

• Hydration 3

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

You should have just left it Sharpie...

That Brandon Leipsic autocorrect has more or less become CDC's pwned.....

I didn't want people to think I had lost what little mind I have left. 

• Haha 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

What is his legal team going to look like? Given he's such a detestable a-hole. Unless he provides a 30 million retainer who would represent him?

His post presidency legal team is going to be worse than his election fraud legal team. Maybe Rudy will stick around as long as he isn't disbarred by the state of NY. Then you're left with a reasonable facsimile of Lionel Hutz from the Simpsons, Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld and Jim Carrey's character from "Liar Liar".

Wood? Rudy? Jenna? Sidney?

Dershowitz still has a bit of reputation left.....maybe he's willing to throw it all in the trash for Bone Spurs.....better make sure the check clears though....

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't want people to think I had lost what little mind I have left. 

It's actually a bit bizarre that it happens so often on these boards. I've seen it probably a half dozen times now....

• Hydration 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

It's actually a bit bizarre that it happens so often on these boards. I've seen it probably a half dozen times now....

I actually nearly lost my $&!# trying to correct it via edits, until it dawned on me to put the hyphen in there. :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

TBH, when guys like McVeigh, Bundy, Dahmer etc. are able to have legal representation in court.

I have no doubt that some shyster will defend Trump pro Bono to advance his career.

• Hydration 1

"If you're a Donald Trump hater. It's going to be fun to watch."

Donny Deutsch on Trump's upcoming post presidency fall.

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Moscow Mitch is an apt moniker.....because much like Putin, McConnell uses people to further his own aims (in this case SCOTUS justices) and then discards them, when they're of no further use....

...much like Trump himself has done, his entire life.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Moscow Mitch is an apt moniker.....because much like Putin, McConnell uses people to further his own aims (in this case SCOTUS justices) and then discards them, when they're of no further use....

...much like Trump himself has done, his entire life.

He's trying to salvage what's left of the Republican party and his Leadership of it. He doesn't really support impeachment I bet. He just doesn't want history to note that he stood by and did nothing.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Hydration 2

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He's trying to salvage what's left of the Republican party and his Leadership of it. He doesn't really support impeachment I bet. He just doesn't want history to not that he stood by and did nothing.

Yeah the *ONLY* reason why this greasy politician is sticking a shiv in Dotard's back is that he feels the GOP donor base will be bigger without Dotard.  He's the real life Monty Burns.  

Mitch is just doing what is politically expedient for him. Just pushing his one night stand out the door and blocking the phone number.

giphy.gif

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1