DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Trump Acquitted Again in 2nd Senate Impeachment Trial 57-43

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like Bone Spurs may have a target painted on his fat posterior.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/twitter-suspends-account-of-iranian-supreme-leader-after-apparent-trump-threat/ar-BB1d02X2?li=AAggNb9

It's worth noting that a plane carrying dozens of Canadians was shot down as a result of that assassination.....

.....but tell us again how we should applaud the fact that "Trump didn't start any new wars"...<_<

Interesting.

They blame Trump, not the 'USA'.

When you make it all about you....

• Hydration 3

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You really don't know much about audio visual do you?

HI son, videographer and photographer for over a decade.  Give me 30 minutes and a soundbite of our conversation and I can dub you in to admitting you killed JFK seamlessly....

This video and your insinuations are childish.  Just stop and go back to figuring out pizzagate

Warhippy never did explain why he was on the grassy knoll back in 1963.:angry:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Can you please explain this to me.

Some memes I just don't get.

I have some admiration for Bernie.

Electable or not he is the closest thing the US has ATM to an FDR.

A politician that genuinely cares for the American people

I think the image of Bernie sitting all by himself with his mittens kind tickled some people's funny bones.  So they cropped him ot and put him in funny situations.   It just went viral from there.  

I too like him.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Can you please explain this to me.

Some memes I just don't get.

I have some admiration for Bernie.

Electable or not he is the closest thing the US has ATM to an FDR.

A politician that genuinely cares for the American people

Bernie being Bernie memes are a shout-out to his simplicity and sincerity. He’s like that grumpy grandpa that you love and you know that he loves you. Grandpa’s advice for a cold day, “dress warm.” No airs, doesn’t need to prove a thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So, the trial will be happening sooner rather than later.  GOP complaining that TRUMP needs time to prepare.  Pelosi's response was that the impeachment managers have had a similar amount of time.  Maybe the TRUMP isn't prepared because of his actions.  His bahaviour.  Nope, Dems have to bend over backwards for the party that rushed, at record speed to confirm a SCOTUS judge just before the election.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/schumer-impeachment-articles-senate-monday

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/12221

Pelosi Announces House Will Deliver Article of Impeachment to Senate on January 25

JANUARY 22, 2021 
PRESS RELEASE

Washington, D.C. — Speaker Nancy Pelosi released this statement announcing that the House Impeachment Managers will deliver the article of impeachment to the Senate on Monday, January 25:

“The article of impeachment for incitement of insurrection by Donald Trump will be delivered to the Senate on Monday, January 25.

“Our Constitution and our country are well served by the extraordinary leadership of Lead Manager Jamie Raskin, and Representatives Diana DeGette, David Cicilline, Joaquin Castro, Eric Swalwell, Ted Lieu, Stacey Plaskett, Madeleine Dean and Joe Neguse.

“We are respectful of the Senate’s constitutional power over the trial and always attentive to the fairness of the process, noting that the former president will have had the same amount of time to prepare for trial as our Managers.  Our Managers are ready to begin to make their case to 100 Senate jurors through the trial process.

“Exactly one week after the attack on the Capitol to undermine the integrity of our democracy, a bipartisan vote of the House of Representatives passed the article of impeachment, which is our solemn duty to deliver to the Senate.”

• Hydration 2

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Interesting.

They blame Trump, not the 'USA'.

When you make it all about you....

Yep.

The truth is, it was all Pompeo, but as you say, Trump makes everything about himself.....

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep.

The truth is, it was all Pompeo, but as you say, Trump makes everything about himself.....

“He died like a dog, like a coward”

Not the best thing to say about a nation’s top military leader. 

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

“He died like a dog, like a coward”

Not the best thing to say about a nation’s top military leader. 

Especially since it was pure propaganda.....

I'd love to see "macho man" Trump facing down the barrel of a gun and see how "brave" he is....my guess is not at all....

• Hydration 4

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Especially since it was pure propaganda.....

I'd love to see "macho man" Trump facing down the barrel of a gun and see how "brave" he is....my guess is not at all....

...like George Costanza running over kids and grannies to get out.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

...like George Costanza running over kids and grannies to get out.

"How do you live with yourself?"

"It's not easy"....:lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"How do you live with yourself?"

"It's not easy"....:lol:

I gotta say between this and the other thread you sure have me chuckling right now. The wife thinks I’m demented.:lol:

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

"I love Fox news"

"I was getting my news from Twitter"

"I stopped watching Fox because they were going farther and farther to the left"

lol ok

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

34 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

That was really depressing. Glad I stayed to the end though, it at least left a glimmer of hope. Thank you Jim from Michigan.

• Upvote 1

Of course it was

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-22/trump-campaign-paid-organizers-of-pre-riot-rally-2-7-million?__twitter_impression=true

Trump Campaign Paid Organizers of Pre-Riot Rally $2.7 Million

Spoiler

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign paid more than $2.7 million to individuals and firms that organized the Jan. 6 rally that led to violent rioters storming the U.S. Capitol, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

The payments, which span Trump’s re-election campaign, show an ongoing financial relationship between the rally’s organizers and Trump’s political operation. They were all made through Nov. 23, the most recent date covered by Federal Election Commission filings, which is before the rally was publicly announced.

Eight paid Trump campaign officials were named on the permit issued on by the National Park Service for the rally, including Maggie Mulvaney, the niece of Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s former chief of staff who resigned his position as special envoy to Northern Ireland after the riots. Maggie Mulvaney was paid $138,000 by the campaign through Nov. 23.

After the rally, in which the president encouraged them to march on the Capitol, Trump supporters stormed the building, disrupting the count of Electoral College votes in an event that ultimately killed five people. Lawmakers and Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over what is normally a ceremonial event, were forced to flee.

The Associated Press first reported the payments.

Megan Powers, listed as one of two operations managers on the permit, was paid $290,000 by the Trump campaign from February 2019 through the most recent filing period. She served as director of operations for Trump’s campaign.

Caroline Wren, a top GOP fundraiser who was listed on the permit as an advisor to the rally and Ronald Holden, the backstage manager, were also paid by the campaign.

The biggest recipient of campaign funds according to the report, was Event Strategies Inc., which was paid more than $1.7 million by Trump’s campaign and joint fundraising committee. The firm’s owners, Justin Caporale and Tim Unes, served as rally production manager and stage manager, respectively.

Women for America First, the nonprofit organization that requested the permit on Nov. 24, originally for an event to be held on Jan. 23, had a financial relationship with America First Policies, the pro-Trump nonprofit formed to advance his agenda shortly after he took office, according to the report. America First Policies made a $25,000 grant to Women for America First in 2019, its most recent tax return shows.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I can see that you’re a resident of crazyland, and while I appreciate your invitation to me to come for a visit, I’ll be declining your offer. 

Have fun! :)

Oh come on...it's a short trip.

Trump’s the classic “yeah I’ll have a #6 combo, a #4 combo, extra large fries, a milkshake, andddddd a Diet Coke.”:lol:

• Haha 1