The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Under-rated/Over-rated Canuck players

Hortankin

21 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Over the years this place has done some pretty major overrating. 

The biggest, under/overrating on CDC is with the prospects. 

And the most overrated prospect in recent history. 

1. Jordan Subban - imagine Justin Schultz 1ft shorter. 

2. Jordan Schroeder - I hated this kid the second his name was called. 

3. Dane Fox - a complete waste of a contract. People actually had him penciled in the top 6 when we signed him. 

the most overrated player in recent history would be a 2 way tie for 1st

1. Kassian/Coho - the trade that rocked Vancouver turned out to be a "nothing" trade haha

2. Harold Snepsts - The fact that this guy is in the ring of honour shows how bad our franchise has been since its inception.

3. Roberto Luongo - He was good, just not that good in Boston, or Chicago. I don't care what anyone says he was a choker. His Twitter account is also very overrated.  

Most underrated in recent history?!

Rick Rypien - he is immortalized now, but before his death there was a lot of people who absolutely hated him on this team. You know who you are, I hope you all burn in hell. 

Willie Mitchell - If we had Willie on our team in 2011 we would have been Stanley cup Champions. He should have been resigned and given the C. 

Sergei Shirokov - This guys NHL career was ruined simply because AV hated him. He refused to set a pure offensive talent up to succeed. Not everyone can win a Selke AV. We totally dropped the ball in his development, absolutely tragic. 

This is the kind of stuff that makes Bamba one of my faves.  RR was a giant killer.

Don't agree about Harold though - he's gotta be there.... and Subban is the next one lol.

36 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

Sure, good point.  My question, then, is why is he playing if those injuries affected him so much?  He took a severe nose dive late last year and all of this year.  At some point a pro of his experience has to realize when he is hurting the team more than benefiting.

because of the rash of other injuries.

5 minutes ago, Go_Canucks_Go_4stanley said:

Sedins = overrated and overpaid

I'm a big fan of Yannick Websr personally. I like hard nosed defensive defensemen. I was mad when the Canucks dropped Ballard for that reason

I don't know whether to laugh or cry:lol:

Overrated:

Virtanen - Seriously, he has been disappointing in every regard.  The shot, speed, and physicality he was touted for have been near invisible.  He doesn't look like he belongs in the NHL yet.

Hutton - I like Hutton, but people act like he is going to be our future #1.

Horvat - I love Horvat, but again, people act like he is on his way to being Toews or Bergeron.  

Basically people are getting way too amped up about our young guys.

Miller - Average goalie, not that there is anything wrong with that, but theres still people who seem to think he's elite (which he never was outside of 1 season).

Underrated:

Baertschi - Not quite as much as he was at the start of the season, but he's been one of the few guys who has provided secondary scoring for us this year.

Vey - He's been pretty good since being called up.  Not his fault WD plays him so much.

Sbisa - He's a decent bottom pairing defender, I don't know what people are expecting out of him.  Every time he makes a mistake it's a huge deal for some reason, every time he does something right people couldn't care less.

Edler - Top 4 version of Sbisa.

4 hours ago, Go_Canucks_Go_4stanley said:

Sedins = overrated and overpaid

I'm a big fan of Yannick Websr personally. I like hard nosed defensive defensemen. I was mad when the Canucks dropped Ballard for that reason

Koala_zoomed.jpg

How could Sbisa ever be considered underrated how????? I honestly almost made a thread about him, the main thrust of the thread was going to be a (seriously now) letter personally asking Sbisa how it works playing for two teams at the same time on any given night. Like Sbisa seriously brother do you get an Etransfer from the opposing team for all your f!cking give aways? Like you must be getting paid by the other teams management bro just wondering how the money for all your hard work gets to you. Last question Sbisa what do you say to yourself in the mirror before games that makes you carry yourself with all that false swagger? You have all the fire to play of a cow munching on hay in some sh1t field somewhere in Surrey. Look Sbisa if I got out of bed the way you play hockey id be going to work in my transformers PJ's. Would love Sbisa's personal email to send him these thoughts.

Overrated:

1. Luca Sbisa: Hes a floating bum that probably will acrrue more points for our opposition than us.

2. Adam Cracknell: I don't hate the guy its just he does not excel in any areas in my mind hes our new Chris Higgins with less talent.

3. Alex Burrows: Just don't like the guy and never will, I love the goals hes scored for us tho gotta be honest.

Underrated:

1. Darren Archibald: I think hes a package that is somethings we really need right now. WD is the man to unlock his potential.

2. Matt Bartkowski: Just seems really level headed out there not that I don't love his play, I think its the intangables with him.

3. Linden Vey: Honestly I have been critical of this guy but if you pay attention hes a great skater and his hockey IQ is something we all should be talking about more, Emerson Etem should be here as well but he is new, these two guys I'm telling you are finding that chemisty they once had, watch this line VERY close Etem and Vey will impress.

9 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

So if the Sedins are just NEAR the top of the list of duos, then who is AT the top?

I already listed Gretzky+Kurri and Bossy+Trottier as above them.

It was shorter lived, but I'd probably also include Hull+Oates.

Rocket Richard and your choice of Elmer Lach or Toe Blake.

Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay (or Sid Abel).

3 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

How could Sbisa ever be considered underrated how????? I honestly almost made a thread about him, the main thrust of the thread was going to be a (seriously now) letter personally asking Sbisa how it works playing for two teams at the same time on any given night. Like Sbisa seriously brother do you get an Etransfer from the opposing team for all your f!cking give aways? Like you must be getting paid by the other teams management bro just wondering how the money for all your hard work gets to you. Last question Sbisa what do you say to yourself in the mirror before games that makes you carry yourself with all that false swagger? You have all the fire to play of a cow munching on hay in some sh1t field somewhere in Surrey. Look Sbisa if I got out of bed the way you play hockey id be going to work in my transformers PJ's. Would love Sbisa's personal email to send him these thoughts.

Overrated:

1. Luca Sbisa: Hes a floating bum that probably will acrrue more points for our opposition than us.

This is a prime example of the reason I think Sbisa is underrated.

He's a decent bottom pair guy.  But by the way some people act you'd think he was a Peewee player.

Archived