The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks and Chicago trade

Shink

Vancouvers current salary cap:  $70,754,251  

Vancouvers current salary cap space: $645 749

Chicagos current salary cap:  $69,834,295

Chicagos current salary cap space: $1 565 705

Vancouver gets: Chicagos 1st round pick 2016, Chicagos 2nd round pick 2016, trevor van reimsdyk (925k cap hit) and take Bryan Bickell (4.5m cap hit) as a cap dump for chicago

salary cap after trade: $70 179 251

Chicago gets: Dan Hamhuis (4.5mill cap hit), yannik weber (1.5mill cap hit)

salary cap after trade: $70 409 295

Note: Bryan Bickells contract is the same in the NHL and AHL according to my source...

Okay so I tried making a trade proposal between these two teams but it got ripped because apparently Chicago doesn't need Dan Hamhuis and need a forward....

soooo what you guys think about:

To Chicago: Radim Vrbata (5mill cap hit) (80% retained)

To Canucks: Chicagos 1st round pick 2016, 3rd round pick 2016

Radim Vrbata+ 80% retained which would mean they only take 1 mill in cap hit and they already have over 1 mill in cap space so it would work cap wise....

What do you guys think? I think its a fair trade and helps both teams... Canucks get rid of Vrbata and can afford to retain his cap and get 2 picks to help the rebuild.... 

Chicago potentially gets a top 6 winger who can play on either the toews or kane line and can help with their Stanley cup run. Also it helps that he is a free agent in the summer so they can either shed some cap and resign him or let him go.

Chicago's lineup: 

Hossa Toews Vrbata 

panarin anismov kane

desjardins kruger teravainen

shaw   Rasmussen  panik

WOWWWWW!

On 2016-02-09 at 2:44 PM, Shink said:

Okay so I tried making a trade proposal between these two teams but it got ripped because apparently Chicago doesn't need Dan Hamhuis and need a forward....

soooo what you guys think about:

To Chicago: Radim Vrbata (5mill cap hit) (80% retained)

To Canucks: Chicagos 1st round pick 2016, 3rd round pick 2016

Radim Vrbata+ 80% retained which would mean they only take 1 mill in cap hit and they already have over 1 mill in cap space so it would work cap wise....

What do you guys think? I think its a fair trade and helps both teams... Canucks get rid of Vrbata and can afford to retain his cap and get 2 picks to help the rebuild.... 

Chicago potentially gets a top 6 winger who can play on either the toews or kane line and can help with their Stanley cup run. Also it helps that he is a free agent in the summer so they can either shed some cap and resign him or let him go.

Chicago's lineup: 

Hossa Toews Vrbata 

panarin anismov kane

desjardins kruger teravainen

shaw   Rasmussen  panik

WOWWWWW!

Vrbata for a 1st round pick! Now that is truly funny. What if we throw in Higgins? And Weber? LOL

Archived