The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] The Outlook On Free Agents. Okposo & Hamhuis

Boddy604

"Not receiving a single call on Hamhuis" = pretty irrelevant, imo.  JB seems to be in regular contact with all the GMs anyway, so they are probably pretty well-informed on where he's at.  It's also still 3 weeks until the TDL, although deals can certainly be done before then.  As we've seen this week, things can change pretty quickly due to injuries and such.

Hamhuis is undoubtedly a valuable commodity, so it's not likely that JB has categorically said "not trading him" let alone that nobody is interested.

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

well the leafs already made their "big trade" so now its time for tsn to move onto part 2 of their agenda. Do everything they can to devalue any assets that Vancouver might want to trade.

I guess you missed the part of the article that says "If he’s healthy and on top of his game, Hamhuis most certainly vaults to the top of the available rental defencemen before the deadline",

Or the part that says that although the Canucks haven't yet received a call on Hamhuis, MacKenzie expects that to change. 

There is nothing in the article that attempts to devalue Hamhuis

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Other than it makes no sense for the Islanders. Hamonic still has until 2019-20 at under a 4 mil cap hit. Zero chance the Isles accept that return.

Not for their upcoming playoff push no. I agree. 

Too bad too haha. 

Having said that, if we truly are not going to rebuild our D through the draft then Benning should go out and get Stamkos and Yandle and maybe even Goligiski too. Get rid of whoever he needs to (Burriws, Miller, etc) to make it happen. I mean, at least try to have some talent on your pp and your D if you want to push for the playoffs.

Archived