The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Hunger Games

Master Radishes

45 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Town reads (In order of townies to least):

Lewitelli - Towny through and through

DoughtysCheck - Towny although he's gone a bit silent lately.

Zfetch - I think this is town Zfetch despite him lying earlier.

Virtanen87 - Towny Virty

JohnLocke - Is being useful. Mafia JL is rarely useful.

King Heffy - Consistent with his usual town game.

OurTimeToShine - Like his first couple posts and I don't see too many KPs picking him tbh.

milk and honey - Consistent with his previous town games. He also handled my accusations in a towny way.

Neutral:

Dral - Didn't say that catchphrase lol. Nothing scummy to report though.

Go Faulk Yourself - Not useful but not scummy.

Baka - MIA

Qwags - slanking? Only reason he's neutral is because I don't see too many KPs picking him.

Baer - Decent. I can't even remember the last time he was scum so I don't have much to compare to.

Kakanucks - Good first posts but the last few have reeked.

Otherwise - Not being helpful despite having several posts but that doesn't necessarily make her scum.

Scum (Scummiest to least):

Aladeen 

thejazz97 - TP Jazz is always TWTBW and usually a lot more active. This is clearly a different Jazz.

g_bassi13 – Probably slanking

fwybwed - That vote for Aladeen was still scummy af.

Dr.Strangelove - Not useful like he can be. Also he would be an ideal KP selection imo.

JAY JAY - He's not trying to help the TP like he was last game. I sense a hesitance in his tone which might be a scum tell.

Time Lord - Playing a bit different from his usual town game.

Usually, if BW is tp, he puts me on the scum list no matter what and how much I'm contributing. Now he's putting me on town leans? Why? Possibly because he is mafia..

Change in behavior usually means change in faction..

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

Usually, if BW is tp, he puts me on the scum list no matter what and how much I'm contributing. Now he's putting me on town leans? Why? Possibly because he is mafia..

Change in behavior usually means change in faction..

Loling. I put you in the scum list you complain. I put in the tp list and you still complain. I can't win. :P

25 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Lold I thought you wanted the definition of scum-hunting. I'll go through your post if you want. Give me like 6-7 minutes.

BTW just listing names isn't scum-hunting. 

Saw your list of posts I made. Now you've defined scum hunting. Evaluating each post on its merits and taking into consideration who posted such, and agreeing or disagreeing with that opinion isn't scum hunting. According to you.

PS - The vote occurrences are for info. As rounds progress, that info helps me evaluate the players. Posting them helps keep me in the game, as there isn't constant action. Also, I read the posts again as I write the Vote Occurrence out. I just don't write down my evaluations, but my scum hunting skills work quite fine thank you.

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

Aladeen gave up and he is not helping the tp if he is one. May as well vote him out and surely that idea will go down as one of the worst opening ideas of CDC mafia history.

Unvote

Vote Aladeen

Jw, where are the orginal mafia players from 2008? Banned or what?

Was this meant for me? I only started playing around 2013 so I'm not sure. A lot of people just stop playing after a while.

4 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Aladeen gave up and he is not helping the tp if he is one. May as well vote him out and surely that idea will go down as one of the worst opening ideas of CDC mafia history.

Unvote

Vote Aladeen

Jw, where are the orginal mafia players from 2008? Banned or what?

Me,intoews,MR,VIC,otherwise,gbassi(?) still play. No clue what happened to the rest

2 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Saw your list of posts I made. Now you've defined scum hunting. Evaluating each post on its merits and taking into consideration who posted such, and agreeing or disagreeing with that opinion isn't scum hunting. According to you.

PS - The vote occurrences are for info. As rounds progress, that info helps me evaluate the players. Posting them helps keep me in the game, as there isn't constant action. Also, I read the posts again as I write the Vote Occurrence out. I just don't write down my evaluations, but my scum hunting skills work quite fine thank you.

I'm not saying the vote occurrences aren't valued, they definitely are. I'm just saying they won't get you townie points. Also I'm not questioning your skills, all I'm saying is if you want me to be able to town read you, you need to present your logic and reasoning behind why you think specific players are scummy or towny.

Just now, Virtanen87 said:

Me,intoews,MR,VIC,otherwise,gbassi(?) still play. No clue what happened to the rest

Otherwise is an OG mafia player? Lol maybe I should show some more respect.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'm not saying the vote occurrences aren't valued, they definitely are. I'm just saying they won't get you townie points. Also I'm not questioning your skills, all I'm saying is if you want me to be able to town read you, you need to present your logic and reasoning behind why you think specific players are scummy or towny.

Otherwise is an OG mafia player? Lol maybe I should show some more respect.

Don't care if the vote occurrences have value, they are for me and for the reason given. Wasn't looking for tp cred, don't really care. In my 2 games played, I've never voted to lynch tp and have been lynched by tp. So, how could my reasoning and logic written down for you or anyone else to study, help the tp win.

Why am I even having this discourse with mafia?

17 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Was this meant for me? I only started playing around 2013 so I'm not sure. A lot of people just stop playing after a while.

Just for the whole thread. Didn't Avalanche play at one point before he left? IIRC his joined day was around 2009. When is your 3 year anniversary? I guess most of us a couple years after mafia started 2008. Has anyone got a link to it? Would love to read it over and see how it all started

3 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Just for the whole thread. Didn't Avalanche play at one point before he left? IIRC his joined day was around 2009. When is your 3 year anniversary? I guess most of us a couple years after mafia started 2008. Has anyone got a link to it? Would love to read it over and see how it all started

Avalanch played 1 game 

cdcmafia.wikia.com has most games archived but the first 50ish games are lost.

My old accounts were rick_rypien,*, kesler87 and another one that I forgot

Just now, milk and honey said:

I've never played with avalanche so I wouldn't know.

I think my first game was in summer of 2013. I'm guessing July/June. I've only played sporadically since then though. 

Here's the CDC mafia wiki with links to most games. I think a lot of the older ones are broken unfortunately:

http://cdcmafia.wikia.com/wiki/CDC_Mafia_Wikia

7 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Don't care if the vote occurrences have value, they are for me and for the reason given. Wasn't looking for tp cred, don't really care. In my 2 games played, I've never voted to lynch tp and have been lynched by tp. So, how could my reasoning and logic written down for you or anyone else to study, help the tp win.

Why am I even having this discourse with mafia?

It helps a tremendous amount because the more TPs we can find, the more we can focus on catching the scum instead of wasting time berating TPs. Also if the TPs make themselves obvious there's less of a chance of them being miss-lynched. 

You're being really anti-tp right now. 

4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

It helps a tremendous amount because the more TPs we can find, the more we can focus on catching the scum instead of wasting time berating TPs. Also if the TPs make themselves obvious there's less of a chance of them being miss-lynched. 

You're being really anti-tp right now. 

lol.

so how are TPs 'sposed to be more obvious? Isn't that the whole point of this game, mafia trick TPs?

....you've never been played by a mafia you were 100% was TP?

3 minutes ago, otherwise said:

lol.

so how are TPs 'sposed to be more obvious? Isn't that the whole point of this game, mafia trick TPs?

....you've never been played by a mafia you were 100% was TP?

They can make themselves obvious TPs by being helpful and showing that you're contributing to the town's cause. It's not hard to do when you have nothing to hide and it makes it easier for the TPs to solve the game. To simplify, TPs should be trying to have the other TPs read them as town instead of making it difficult.

I'm not sure what the second part has to do with anything I've said.

I feel like all you've done all game is argue with every thing I say. There's a lot of other things to talk about besides me. 

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

They can make themselves obvious TPs by being helpful and showing that you're contributing to the town's cause. It's not hard to do when you have nothing to hide and it makes it easier for the TPs to solve the game. To simplify, TPs should be trying to have the other TPs read them as town instead of making it difficult.

I'm not sure what the second part has to do with anything I've said.

I feel like all you've done all game is argue with every thing I say. There's a lot of other things to talk about besides me. 

what if someone plays a game like toews last game? I think many people thought he was town, from what you're saying he shouldn't have been questioned at all.

3 minutes ago, otherwise said:

what if someone plays a game like toews last game? I think many people thought he was town, from what you're saying he shouldn't have been questioned at all.

I shouldn't even dignify your BS with a response. 

3 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

The first 2 rounds are always a crapshoot.

I used to think that but now I think it's possible to lynch accurately if there's enough discussion.

Archived