Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-30 club


hatrix

Recommended Posts

Was checking plus minus as I was sure that Horvat finally reached the plateau thanks to Willie's magnificent line deployments (bad changes, all defensive zone draws, empty nets, etc), and lazy line mates.  So many times I saw him just getting on the ice while the other team scores because the center coming off was changing late and out of position (Vey/Hank), earning him another beautiful -1.

Sure enough he is now -30.  I thought he would be the leader of the NHL, but then I just realized that for some reason Vrbata is actually the real leader at -32 :D. 

(For the record, I think only Horvat, Hutton, and Markstrom are our next cornerstones. Everyone else on the current roster should be moved and replaced.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty nets are not Willy s fault. If he didn't pull , everyone would be screaming about hiw he should have. Hindsight is always 2020

id rather him pull at the 3 minute mark when we are down and give our team every chance then give up and pad players stats 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blueberries said:

Last time I checked which was yesterday Baer was -5. Bo was -30. It's weird how they've played on the same line the entire year yet there is a -25 difference.

 

Bad changes, putting Bo out every time there is a D-zone draw. 

That's a big part of it. Bo's probably the best Vancouver has (when Sutter is out of the lineup) but he's pretty average when compared to centers around the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blueberries said:

Last time I checked which was yesterday Baer was -5. Bo was -30. It's weird how they've played on the same line the entire year yet there is a -25 difference.

 

Bad changes, putting Bo out every time there is a D-zone draw. 

 

Baer knows.

 

He knows when to get off the ice

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

 It's weird how they've played on the same line the entire year yet there is a -25 difference.

Not really...there's a huge difference in how they're being deployed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's a big part of it. Bo's probably the best Vancouver has (when Sutter is out of the lineup) but he's pretty average when compared to centers around the league.

I partly disagree. Bo is a very good defensive player even without looking at his age. It's him having to double-shift and play with different line mates because the Nucks don't have anyone else. Then you take into account he's usually sharing the ice with Vrbata, Weber and Bart.

Like Willie never breaks up Vrby and Bo. He won't put out Baer when there is a D-zone draw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blueberries said:

I partly disagree. Bo is a very good defensive player even without looking at his age. It's him having to double-shift and play with different line mates because the Nucks don't have anyone else. Then you take into account he's usually sharing the ice with Vrbata, Weber and Bart.

Like Willie never breaks up Vrby and Bo. He won't put on Baer when there is a D-zone draw. 

Actually, I was referring to faceoffs. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blueberries said:

Oh. Still its not like he's Cracknell bad. 

Nope. Not bad at all, actually. Just average. (Although I think he'll improve as he gains more experience)

Link to post
Share on other sites

lets look at the number 30

Joe Sakic ended his illustrious career +30

in 1999/2000 Joe was 30 Y/O and +30 (so the rest of his career was a wash)

In his first 3 years in the league Joe was -102 (that is an average of -34/year)

Joe won some Stanley cups (not 30 though)

I am not too worried about Bo at this point in his career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...