The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund | #60 | C/W

Johnny Torts

Just now, Warhippy said:

I compared him to the canuck that EVERYONE loathes and wants off the team.  Again, those stats are eerily similar, soft center bad at faceoffs marginal 2 way ability.  For the only heart and soul prospect we had that could generate genuine offense off the wing.  Trading a needed asset for a piece we have in spades does not make sense.

Unless we're bringing back Drouin + in the very near future we shat the bed hard here.

And yes you can quote any of this, I will stand by it like I did my predictions for the season when ON took me to task

Read my posts above.

Granlund allows McCann to develop properly in the AHL in a top 6 spot next year.

Shinkaruk was behind Baertschi and Daniel for a top 6 LW spot. Granlund was behind Calgary's center depth.

You are not making any sense since you're emotions are getting the better of you. Granlund isn't anything like Vey.

He is Canuck property now so I hope you don't bash him just because you dislike this deal. It would be VERY unfair to Granlund.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Read my posts above.

Granlund allows McCann to develop properly in the AHL in a top 6 spot next year.

Shinkaruk was behind Baertschi and Daniel for a top 6 LW spot. Granlund was behind Calgary's center depth.

You are not making any sense since you're emotions are getting the better of you. Granlund isn't anything like Vey.

He is Canuck property now so I hope you don't bash him just because you dislike this deal. It would be VERY unfair to Granlund.

K. you do to realise we could have signed a cheap center to replace mccann in the offseason keeping shinkaruk right? 

Just now, Gooseberries said:

K. you do to realise we could have signed a cheap center to replace mccann in the offseason keeping shinkaruk right? 

We traded for a C with top 6 potential instead for a winger with top 6 potential that was stuck behind 2 wingers.

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I compared him to the canuck that EVERYONE loathes and wants off the team.  Again, those stats are eerily similar, soft center bad at faceoffs marginal 2 way ability.  For the only heart and soul prospect we had that could generate genuine offense off the wing.  Trading a needed asset for a piece we have in spades does not make sense.

Unless we're bringing back Drouin + in the very near future we shat the bed hard here.

And yes you can quote any of this, I will stand by it like I did my predictions for the season when ON took me to task

You sound like Desiboy, chillax.

• Upvote 1

so granlund is a 2 way C? Add that to horvat and sutter

How many pure scorers do we have? well 1 less now...who apparently was making strides on his two way game and getting lots of ice in Utica. Bad trade, Granlund hopefully comes in and scores, if he doesnt ppl are gonna go nuts!

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Even so. Still stuck behind 2 centers...like shinkaruk was stuck behind 2 wingers.

Good point.

Granlund does have way more experience at the pro level and plays more of a 200 foot game that can be used in a 3rd line role right away. He can be used on the PK and  PP. This allows McCann to develop properly in the AHL.

Granlund can also play wing which makes him versatile.

Shinkaruk needs to be in a top 6 spot and on the PP to be successful. He would of been stuck behind Baertschi and Daniel for a while until one of them got injured.

53 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Waiting for TOMapleLaughs so post some dumb comment about him not being a prospect.........

Was just going looking into it.  

89 NHL games played.  So no, no longer a prospect again, but a graduated player.  However, this is based on HF standards.  And who cares about HF?

We're in a process picking up guys who could never cut it with their current club.  Looks like this could go on for awhile.

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Read my posts above.

Vey...also does that.  Think about it.  As would keeping Cracknell, or simply bringing up Gaunce to play C/LW

Our organizational depth for true LWs now is Sedin, Baertschi, Kenins, Gaunce (also a C) and Higgins.  When your depth includes Higgins and Kenins as true LWs and you trade your only offensive LW prospect for another center you are hard pressed to make this sound good.  

As for not being like Vey, same rough size, same rough AHL stats, same rough 1st year in the NHl, same issue with face offs same grit.

Not getting a spot in the NHL because of Baertschi and Sedin is also a very poor argument.  One is set to retire soon , 2 maybe 4 years tops.  Shinkaruk is barely 21 years old.

Sorry man, there's no way you can spin this that I will like.

Again, hoping to see Shinkaruk tear this club a new one in the near future as we sit at the bottom of the standings for the next few seasons.  I lived through 84-88, I lived through 96-2000 and I can see where this is going again.

This time I won't go out and buy a new jersey, I like Shinkaruk, I like his heart and passion and every game I go to that sees the Flames in town, I will wear his jersey and applaud every shift.  It's about hockey, and I like Hunter as a player.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Winter Soldier said:

That's not how this works.

if your gm makes a deal moving out your top producing scoring prospect who he never gave a chance to and he then goes on to produce in the nhl while the acquired player doesnt do much, ya the GM should be under fire

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

so granlund is a 2 way C? Add that to horvat and sutter

How many pure scorers do we have? well 1 less now...who apparently was making strides on his two way game and getting lots of ice in Utica. Bad trade, Granlund hopefully comes in and scores, if he doesnt ppl are gonna go nuts!

He is a skilled player as well. A lot like his brother from what I have seen in his highlights.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Good point.

Granlund does have way more experience at the pro level and plays more of a 200 foot game that can be used in a 3rd line role right away. He can be used on the PK and  PP. This allows McCann to develop properly in the AHL.

Shinkaruk needs to be in a top 6 spot and on the PP to be successful. He would of been stuck behind Baertschi and Daniel for a while until one of them got injured.

Granlund also has what 2 more seasons of development under his belt. Hard to believe that shinkaruk couldn't develop the same skills. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Good point.

shinkaruk could have been a 3lw easily with horvat or sutter as his C. more a scoring line than a checking line.