The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Hortons Lays off 20-40% of Their Work-Force

hsedin33

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Well off topic but I love donuts.  So who has the best donuts in the lower mainland?  Someone brought in 'Lucky Donuts' and they were very sweet cake like donuts.  Tried Robins, Tims, Krispy Kreme and they are all 'meh'.  I know there's got to be a hidden gem out there.

I really, really like the ones from Granville island market. 

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well off topic but I love donuts.  So who has the best donuts in the lower mainland?  Someone brought in 'Lucky Donuts' and they were very sweet cake like donuts.  Tried Robins, Tims, Krispy Kreme and they are all 'meh'.  I know there's got to be a hidden gem out there.

Harmony Donuts in Upper Lonsdale. It's only open until 4pm though. They are my favourite.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Duffins Donuts 41st and Knight

donut joke..Q.who's the most popular guy at the nudist camp. A..the guy that can hold the most donuts.                                               Q..who's the most popular girl at the nudist camp..A.. the girl that can eat them.

2 hours ago, tbone909 said:

Maybe 15 or 20 years ago. you can't tell the difference between any of the so called donuts today.

15-20 years ago they were actually made fresh daily in house.  Now they're all mass produced in a factory, frozen, then shipped out to the stores. 

18 hours ago, chon derry said:

donut joke..Q.who's the most popular guy at the nudist camp. A..the guy that can hold the most donuts.                                               Q..who's the most popular girl at the nudist camp..A.. the girl that can eat them.

I've always heard that as:

The guy who can carry two pots of coffee and a dozen donuts and the girl who can eat the 12th one with no hands :lol:

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I've always heard that as:

The guy who can carry two pots of coffee and a dozen donuts and the girl who can eat the 12th one with no hands :lol:

living on the north coast all stories change by the time we hear them, kinda why i signed up here on cdc, but know i really don't know what to believe about the canucks. jk.

On March 2, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Tre Mac said:

Have you tried Cartem's Donuterie? A bit pricy just for donuts but well worth it for me!

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Too bad folks don't actually read the dates on the articles they are tempted to post, eh? 14 month old 'news' and on page 2 already. :lol:

I remember posting in the old thread about the difference in quality between the US and Canadian stores.  I spoke too soon though.  The doughnut quality has fallen ever since BK took over.  The coffee is still fresh though.  It helps that it's always fresh.  People here in Buffalo bum rush TH for most of the day so it keeps getting sold fast and refilled.  Opening a Timmy Hos here is a great way to make a personal fortune.

Archived