The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why would YOU bother to follow this team for the balance of the year?

sam drucker

Because they're my team and I'll cheer for them through all the ups and downs. The jersey doesn't go in the closet because they suck and come out until the team is a contender again, that's bandwagon nonsense!

On the plus side, I find this phase more enjoyable anyway since most bandwagoners will have left and those left at games are die hards who are more fun to be around.

Interested in watching the kids and see how they develop. Last nights game was a perfect example. Kids played lots, looked pretty decent, and we lost. Great result for the kids. Perfect result for the tank. Hope that plays out for the next 20 games. Don't give a crap about the vets. Been there, watched that for too long. Need something DIFFERENT!! 

:)

Just now, Jack Fig said:

Resist the urge. You will be rewarded with animal crackers.

Thats what we get for hitting 100 posts, right? RIGHT?!?!

Honestly, I don't see why people get worked up over a re-tool/rebuild we were all explicitly told would be a painful process.

1 hour ago, sam drucker said:

Everyone must have some kind of thought after the Deadline fiasco, and the next 20 games that will prove ZERO for this club moving forward.

The only way I am watching is if the vets on this team sit.  Let the new regime of (cough) young (cough) talent take the reigns and hope for a top 5 pick.

No need to let the deadwood play, see Burrows and the Sedin's, backlash expected, but really why? only a 2 year, closing,  window for those

fellas. 

Play Miller only on the 2nd night of BTB's.

I would also include Dorsett, Vrbata, Vey is on thin ice, as well as half of the D corps

Wish for the NFL style of just cut 'em, see Burrows.

I hate "fans" like you. Stop watching and move on. You need a mix of Vets and youth to be good.

1 hour ago, sam drucker said:

Everyone must have some kind of thought after the Deadline fiasco, and the next 20 games that will prove ZERO for this club moving forward.

The only way I am watching is if the vets on this team sit.  Let the new regime of (cough) young (cough) talent take the reigns and hope for a top 5 pick.

No need to let the deadwood play, see Burrows and the Sedin's, backlash expected, but really why? only a 2 year, closing,  window for those

fellas. 

Play Miller only on the 2nd night of BTB's.

I would also include Dorsett, Vrbata, Vey is on thin ice, as well as half of the D corps

Wish for the NFL style of just cut 'em, see Burrows.

Is there a correlation between post and and IQ going here?

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i just wish that those fans who say they won't watch anymore games, would just do it and not come on here everyday to say the won't watch anymore...we get it.....see ya...

and then they fill with gdt with their crap as they watch the team they said they were finished with

24 minutes ago, We Are All Cynics said:

Because they're my team and I'll cheer for them through all the ups and downs. The jersey doesn't go in the closet because they suck and come out until the team is a contender again, that's bandwagon nonsense!

On the plus side, I find this phase more enjoyable anyway since most bandwagoners will have left and those left at games are die hards who are more fun to be around.

Actually I think that they are the the ones who never go away, and just bitch to troll us.

great , after all the band wagon fans jump ship and there's just the knowledgeable noob,hardcore fans and all the grizzled cdcers left that means us noobs are gunna get picked on, just when i was startin to feel at home.  :P

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

True enough. Since you have been here since the beginning as well I would suggest that the Canucks have never done a true rebuild and it looks like we are getting one now. I cannot think of any time that is comparable.

My only concern is keeping my marbles long enough to appreciate the end result. If they win a CUP I can move on up with a smile!

Well said Boudrias, you have hit the nail right on the head. 

You have also highlighted with that simple sentence the reason why it is just beyond the strength of character for many on here.

Add to that a press and media who rather than try to understand and explain the difficulties of such a task would rather choose the destructive option of attacking every move. Their crass and disparaging interviews concerning Dan Hamhuis and Benning showed many up in their true colours and revealed their sinister motives.

Archived