The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks close to signing draft pick Nikita Tryamkin

@News1130Sports VAN sources say the #Canucks are trying to sign defenseman Nikita Tryamkin but are dealing with some cap issues.

@News1130Sports Hearing the plan if signed is to have Tryamkin report to the #Canucks - not the Comets in Utica

@IgorEronko Nikita Tryamkin's agent told @champ_hockey his client agreed to join #Canucks, paperwork pending

I don't think they have Edler on LTI yet, so that'd help. Then again so would have trading some of the players they put on the block or not trading an AHL player for an NHL one.

I'm a little surprised if they're actually looking to have him play right away though, since he'd been playing through an injury. I figured they'd let him get healthy then bring him in. I guess they could sign him if they think he'll be ok with a short rest and let him work with the team in the meantime.

If he signs an NHL contract now wont he have to go through waivers? Im not sure on the rule but its something to do with signing a player who played overseas past a certain date.

Like how O'Reilly would have had to go on waivers if Colorado didnt match Calgarys offer sheet.

3 minutes ago, AntonRodin said:

If he signs an NHL contract now wont he have to go through waivers? Im not sure on the rule but its something to do with signing a player who played overseas past a certain date.

Like how O'Reilly would have had to go on waivers if Colorado didnt match Calgarys offer sheet.

I highly doubt this applies to younger players that are still protected. I could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, AntonRodin said:

he is Canucks property already

8 minutes ago, AntonRodin said:

That only applies to players that are not team property. O'Reilly would not have had to clear waivers for the Avalanche but would for any other team. 

Very exciting. A massive stay at home defenseman who uses his size and skates well. 

Yes please. Bring up Pedan and pair them together against LA and Anaheim. Desjardins should just tell them to hit anything not in Canucks colours. And hit them hard. 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Very exciting. A massive stay at home defenseman who uses his size and skates well. 

Yes please. Bring up Pedan and pair them together against LA and Anaheim. Desjardins should just tell them to hit anything not in Canucks colours. And hit them hard. 

Unless the name is Vrbata or Burrows on the back, then by all means go to town!  Might wake them up for the rest of the year!

GOOD! MORE YOUTH! MORE SIZE!

I know it'll never happen, and I'd rather get something back; but at this point, I wish we'd Waive Dorsett, I've really grown to hate seeing him in Canucks Colours for his pricetag, I'd probably still be able to like him if he was being paid a chunk less for being a plug..

Would love to see Tryamkin and Pedan patrolling the blueline at the end of the season. 

I have no idea why we wouldn't dump Weber and Bartkowski on waivers. They would do alot more to help Utica than they would to help Vancouver right now.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Would love to see Tryamkin and Pedan patrolling the blueline at the end of the season. 

I have no idea why we wouldn't dump Weber and Bartkowski on waivers. They would do alot more to help Utica than they would to help Vancouver right now.

Yes in diddly. 

Hopefully they sign him but he's playing with a fairly serious should injury (separated shoulder I believe) so at least just get him here so that the doctors can take a look at him. Getting used to the new culture without the pressure of on ice performance could be huge for him.

Archived