Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The future is bright


Dank dat hank

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Probably not. They likely aren't up there with Gudreau and Monahan either but that certainly doesn't mean they won't be good players.

ok, you cant beat those elite players, how can you win the cup, what I am trying to say is, they can develop to be good players, but we need some top picks to be real competitor, right now those young guns at most can be 2nd/3rd liners or 2nd/3rd D-pairs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The future is bright" That's bull. I agree it's good to see that the kids are improving. But when you rack up a list of our prospects you seem to think that our prospect pool is far superior than the others. It's not. The problem with our young guns, they're not the best of guns, we got a arsenal of glocks. But are in desperate need of something better.

 

At this rate we'll be mediocre for at least five years. I know it's impossible to predict the future but can you see us being a better team than any of these teams in fve years?

 

Sabres, Oilers, Flames, Senators, Blue Jackets, Coyotes.  

 

These are all teams that are equal to us at the moment but will have surpassed us by miles in a couple of years. And many of the teams that are better than us at the moment, is likely to still be better than us. So the possibility that we are a team just fighting for the playoffs in five years is very likely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Virtanen was a beauty tonight.   Couldn't believe my eyes.  Made me extremely excited for the future. 

 

Horvat, Virtanen, Hutton, McCann Gaunce.   They all looked awesome.

 

We NEED a top 5 pick this year.  That would really solidify this young group.

top 5? We are 8th right now. And any team below us is better than tanking than us. Management's pipedream of trying to make the playoffs for that 2 extra playoff game of revenue 15 games ago is screwing us to no end. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

top 5? We are 8th right now. And any team below us is better than tanking than us. Management's pipedream of trying to make the playoffs for that 2 extra playoff game of revenue 15 games ago is screwing us to no end. 

 

 

this only means we ain't getting a top three pick. lol. this organization continues to be cursed. not great enough. not bad enough to attain a top three pick. or even win the lottery. doubt we have a good chance with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, theminister said:

Our issue will always be on D until it isn't.

 

I strongly feel we should get the best available D at draft, unless there's an obvious trade from F -> D to be had. We've got a good 3 D I think (or at least, it's not the biggest problem on the team atm with Edler, Hamhuis and Tanev), and maybe include Hutton in the lineup too back there. But other than that, we need improvement, especially on the offensive side of things for D-men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Moonshinefe said:

I strongly feel we should get the best available D at draft, unless there's an obvious trade from F -> D to be had. We've got a good top 3 D I think, and maybe include Hutton in the lineup too back there. But other than that, we need improvement, especially on the offensive side of things for D-men.

Coulda traded Shinakruk to Nashville or St. Louis for a nice D prospect, but nope, let's get a career 3rd liner in Granlund. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Coulda traded Shinakruk to Nashville or St. Louis for a nice D prospect, but nope, let's get a career 3rd liner in Granlund. 

Please, tell me who nashville and St . Louis would have given up for Shinkaruk LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

do you think those young guys can beat Mcdavid, or Eichel?

Depends. So much of a teams success depends on how that particular team is structured. If the Oilers have taught us anything, it's that you can't win with a team full soft, offensive stars. There needs to be a proper balance. In that regard, I like the way we're looking going forward. We have a nice combination of different types of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drakrami said:

top 5? We are 8th right now. And any team below us is better than tanking than us. Management's pipedream of trying to make the playoffs for that 2 extra playoff game of revenue 15 games ago is screwing us to no end. 

 

 

Yes we are 8th but tied for 5th with the least amount of ROW, so any team tied with us at seasons end would be ahead of us

All the Tank teams still play each other, I counted 20 games of Tank vrs Tank between tomorrow and the end of the season,

At least one team will have to win those games, OT is preferred

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol Edmonton drafted poorly that's all.. look at Pittsburgh they were terrible until they drafted Crosby Malkin Letang and Fleury.. 2 franchise center a top D and a top goalie.. so technically Edmonton is a top goalie away from being competitive. i can see Nurse being that Top D. Pittsburgh was just lucky they had the goalie and D before they drafted crosby.. meanwhile Edmonton is doing it the other way around.. or just unlucky all those years there's top 3 pick goalies available and when there was a top D available Florida got it lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, theminister said:

Our issue will always be on D until it isn't.

 

Exactly.  Even the draft pick this year will be a D, I can almost guarantee it.  With luck both D drafted this summer will see time in the NHL next year, with one of them a regular -- my choice is Sergachev.  But Juolevi and Chychrun can be as useful to us.  Nothing wrong with Tkachuk -- and if we win the lottery, no one begrudges a Matthews being chosen! -- but it's 2 more young genuinely capable D we actually need.  And these you have to draft, no one will trade them to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Exactly.  Even the draft pick this year will be a D, I can almost guarantee it.  With luck both D drafted this summer will see time in the NHL next year, with one of them a regular -- my choice is Sergachev.  But Juolevi and Chychrun can be as useful to us.  Nothing wrong with Tkachuk -- and if we win the lottery, no one begrudges a Matthews being chosen! -- but it's 2 more young genuinely capable D we actually need.  And these you have to draft, no one will trade them to you.

For our purposes, I think:

 

Matthews

---------------

Laine

Puljujarvi

---------------

Tkachuk

Chychrun

Juolevi

Sergachev

Nylander

--------------

McLeod

Bean

Jost

Dubois

Fabbro

-------------

 

Or something like that. 

 

And, I agree, we will take a d-man over a forward after the first two groups. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Looks bright until you compare it to any other team in the league.

Please elaborate. What do all other 29 teams have as young forwards/prospects that are brighter than the Canucks? I'm not saying the Canucks have the best young players/prospects in the league but the cupboard certainly isn't empty. The OP only mentioned the young guys playing for the team right now and did not mention those that are in the system.

 

I really can't understand why there are CDC members that are constantly negative about everything Canuck yet still call themselves fans. If you really feel the teams future is that bad go and cheer for some other team. The Maple Leafs look like a lock for a VERY good team in the near future according the media (ie. TSN, Sportsnet).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, supermanbieksa said:

"The future is bright" That's bull. I agree it's good to see that the kids are improving. But when you rack up a list of our prospects you seem to think that our prospect pool is far superior than the others. It's not. The problem with our young guns, they're not the best of guns, we got a arsenal of glocks. But are in desperate need of something better.

 

At this rate we'll be mediocre for at least five years. I know it's impossible to predict the future but can you see us being a better team than any of these teams in fve years?

 

Sabres, Oilers, Flames, Senators, Blue Jackets, Coyotes.  

 

These are all teams that are equal to us at the moment but will have surpassed us by miles in a couple of years. And many of the teams that are better than us at the moment, is likely to still be better than us. So the possibility that we are a team just fighting for the playoffs in five years is very likely. 

The future IS bright. We currently have 3 very young prospects that have played the entire year in the NHL. Including Virtanen, Hutton and McCann we have had a total of 9 rookies play at least 1 game tis year. We also have Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Etem, Markstrom and Vey all playing significant roles as young players.

 

They may not be individually the best, most talented prospects but individuality only takes you so far. Just look at Edmonton. Tons of individual skill yet still in a very good position to have a chance to select 1st overall again.

 

You can argue that each of those teams you mentioned have been "rebuilding" longer than the Canucks however 5 years is a long time to try to predict anything. So many random things can happen.

 

I guess you can choose to be a pessimist or an optimist.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, theminister said:

For our purposes, I think:

 

Matthews

---------------

Laine

Puljujarvi

---------------

Tkachuk

Chychrun

Juolevi

Sergachev

Nylander

--------------

McLeod

Bean

Jost

Dubois

Fabbro

-------------

 

Or something like that. 

 

And, I agree, we will take a d-man over a forward after the first two groups. 

I think if you could see the Canucks' Draft Plan, it would look exactly like yours here. 

 

I wonder about the later rounds... how that planning is done... I guess a longer list lol.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...