The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions: Who stays?

RetroCanuck

Vey doesn't really have a place on the team anymore with Grandlund, but he'll probably be back, because WD

Hammer, I think it's 50/50 at this point. It's really hard to say. 

Vrbata, Weber and Bart will all be gone

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

The UFAs will certainly be gone -- Prust, Bartkowski, Vrbata, and Weber.  I think they'd like to bring Hamhuis back, but they've got at least 8 others looking for a spot next year that pretty much need to be in the NHL.

RFAs -- I've really liked Vey's improvement, but it might not be enough to keep him.  They'll probably try to package him in a deal, depending on what other forwards come in (Gaunce, Rodin).

Higgins and Burrows -- possible buyouts, but I think they'll do what they can to move Higgins and may keep Burrows until the TDL, as they seem to want him as one of the few vets around the kids, along with Hansen and Dorsett.

Been resposting this, but it really sounds like Edler to me:

So he will wait until the last year of Edler's contract, not trade him at the deadline, and lose him for nothing. 
That's how he's moving  "diminishing assets" so far. 

I hope he figures it out soon.

Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows, Hansen, Miller   - ALL GO this summer. 

Lets build our team for the future.  YOUNGER / BIGGER / FASTER  / TOUGHER to play against. 

PS - Hansen goes because his value is alltime high. Good time to sell as our time to win is in 4-5 years and he will be gone by then. Lets trade him for a 21 year old. 

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hamhuis, Edler, Burrows, Hansen, Miller   - ALL GO this summer. 

Lets build our team for the future.  YOUNGER / BIGGER / FASTER  / TOUGHER to play against. 

PS - Hansen goes because his value is alltime high. Good time to sell as our time to win is in 4-5 years and he will be gone by then. Lets trade him for a 21 year old. 

Get real, man.  Hamhuis, yeah he possibly walks.  Edler, NTC and he doesn't want to go.  Bur, NTC and who's taking that contract?  Hansen, possibly, he has value and good contract.  Miller, NTC and who's taking that contract?

You have to think that the Garage Sale 7 will be on their way (Higgins, Prust, Vey, Kenins, Bartkowski, Weber, Cracknell) also Vrbata.  I'd like to see Burrows moved along but I'm not sure he will.  Even Dorsett is becoming an anachronism. 

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Etem Sutter Rodin

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Burrows

Edler Tanev

Hutton Hamhuis

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan Biega Sbisa

Miller Markstrom

I think that the addition of Granlund means that there are other plans for McCann (likely Utica)

The above lineup precludes the addition of free agents which are likely.  Top 4 D, top 6 RW.

So we are seeing plenty of tradeable bodies.  With Huttons progress and plenty of depth at the bottom end on the left side, you have to wonder if Benning will move somebody for a RHD

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Get real, man.  Hamhuis, yeah he possibly walks.  Edler, NTC and he doesn't want to go.  Bur, NTC and who's taking that contract?  Hansen, possibly, he has value and good contract.  Miller, NTC and who's taking that contract?

Hamhuis signs for a hometown discount . 2 yr contract.

Edler waives his NTC

Burrows - contract is bought out.

Hansen - traded for  a young D man

Miller - traded at the deadline to a cup contender with goalie issues....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Edler waives his NTC

EZPZ!

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Edler waives his NTC

Edler is going to be a tough nut to crack but that would be nice.

Miller could happen.  Miller is not back after next season, they may as well try to convert him into an asset if they can.  This depends on signing Demko. 

24 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

You have to think that the Garage Sale 7 will be on their way (Higgins, Prust, Vey, Kenins, Bartkowski, Weber, Cracknell) also Vrbata.  I'd like to see Burrows moved along but I'm not sure he will.  Even Dorsett is becoming an anachronism. 

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Etem Sutter Rodin

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Burrows

Edler Tanev

Hutton Hamhuis

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan Biega Sbisa

Miller Markstrom

I think that the addition of Granlund means that there are other plans for McCann (likely Utica)

The above lineup precludes the addition of free agents which are likely.  Top 4 D, top 6 RW.

So we are seeing plenty of tradeable bodies.  With Huttons progress and plenty of depth at the bottom end on the left side, you have to wonder if Benning will move somebody for a RHD

This lineup is basically same as this year. Lines will be so different next year. 

4 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

This lineup is basically same as this year. Lines will be so different next year. 

Benning is not going to reinvent the team. 

In my comments, I wrote that I expect (would like) a top 4 D and a top 6 RW in addition to the above line up.

I couldn't say who the players might be but these 2 additions could make the team much better next year.  Assuming no more catastrophic injuries.

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Benning is painting himself in a corner. He has publicly stated that

1. Tryamkin

2. Larson

3. Pedan

will be on the roster 

so thats 

4. Edler

5. Tanev

6. Sbisa

7. Hutton

8. Biega

9. Hamhuis 

I don't understand how this is going to work. 

Hamhuis is only resigned imo if we move edler or sbisa. so then your down to 8 D. Which teams do carry. Worst case you want 7 D we send Biega down and hope he clears.

It is do able, but if we have any interest in retaining Hammer sbisa/Edler will have to get moved. I say edler as he holds the most value

Im hoping for an Anaheim collapse in the playoffs. They move Anderson at the draft and acquire Miller for the stability. Miller and Gibson can do a 50-32 split or something. 

Or ride the hot hand and when it cools switch to the other guy, but come playoff time you have a veteran in goal in MIller to start.

I really don't understand why we are in such a rush to trade McCann. 

I feel sorry for him, he was rushed into the team way before he was ready and he didn't have a man's physique like Jake to help him hold his own.

I think he is very skilful, has a great shot and has one of the best attitudes in the team when it comes to push back and standing up for himself. I wouldn't keep Granlund OR Etem over McCann. 

Give him a year to build himself up and play in Utica and I have the feeling he will be a top centre with a kickass attitude.

Some of the trades and stuff above are just downright silly and if JB was stupid enough to do them it would hold up progress of this club by another 1/2 years and maybe more than that. 

We are seeing how we can't win with half the team filled with rookies, it will be twice as bad if we add another 4 or 5 to that. We should and will keep imo Hansen, Hamhuis, the Twins, Edler and Miller.

Sadly Burr has regressed just too far and he will join Weber, Vbrata, Bartowski, Prust, Higgins, Kenins, Freisen (maybe to Utica) Bachman, and some other Utica players to make room for rookies who will be eligible.

9 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Hamhuis is only resigned imo if we move edler or sbisa. so then your down to 8 D. Which teams do carry. Worst case you want 7 D we send Biega down and hope he clears.

It is do able, but if we have any interest in retaining Hammer sbisa/Edler will have to get moved. I say edler as he holds the most value

There is no way Biega clears waivers, hell he's the best D in the team. During a game all I hear is "xxxxx takes a hit from Biega"

I would rather trade, Hammer, or Tanev.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Ppl are overblowing Burrs contract like it's a Clarkson, Phenuef thing when it's not even close. 

Archived