Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning TSN 1040 (March 9)


Gstank29

Are you excited for Trymakin  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Just now, RonMexico said:

Strap on the tinfoil hat....Matthews is from Scottsdale!

Might as well if people are going to start handicapping the lottery now. It's all such a pointless discussion until the results are drawn in about 6 weeks. 

 

There will, in every statistical probability, be risers and fallers. Right now it doesn't make much difference if you are one or two spots different. It's all just minute possibilities. 

 

Someone will win, someone will lose out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think what he's talking about is that the top 3 guys all have the ability to be cornerstone, franchise players. All the guys 4 - 15 have the ability to be Top 6 forward or Top 4 defense, but they aren't projected to be the type of dominant players that the top 3 are considered to be.

 

I can't find a link to where this was said, but I heard a comparison that the Top 3 this year is a little like having Ovechkin, Stamkos and Crosby all available in the top 3 of the draft and having to decide who you take. Really uncommon to have 3 guys that project as high as the top 3 this year do, all grouped together.

 

Really hoping we can win the lottery for one of those 3 spots.

 

Whoa. Seriously? I'm glad the lottery system is modified starting this season. We might just get one of those three if we are a bit lucky even if we don't finish in bottom 3 (which doesn't seem likely to happen).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

honestly, HECK YES

 

Hamhuis must be awfully gd good then.  Good reason to keep him.

 

Demers has also just gone down for the season - so suck it Dallas.  The game-playing and lowballing may really come back to bite you.  

 Charmah is a prick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, khay said:

Whoa. Seriously? I'm glad the lottery system is modified starting this season. We might just get one of those three if we are a bit lucky even if we don't finish in bottom 3 (which doesn't seem likely to happen).

That top 3 has three, imo, generational talent.  Whoever lands in the top three is likely getting a franchise changing player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Benning thinks Brandon Tanev projects to be a 4th line two way forward, do we really need to use a contract on him?

 

Seems to me we have a log jam of 4th line talent in our system. I'd rather take a chance on a highly skilled boom or bust college player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think actually hearing Benning say after the top 3 there is a drop off. Only for the fact that Benning is a loose cannon and if the Canucks for whatever reason are lucky enough to be picking top 3 Benning shouldn't stun the world.

If you get a top 3 pick, you pick one of the top 3 players basically. Concrete, Objective, set in stone. 

 

No hero's involved

 

If you pick in the 4-10 range... your guess is as good as mine who Benning will select , and for that matter any other gm in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

If you get a top 3 pick, you pick one of the top 3 players basically. Concrete, Objective, set in stone. 

 

No hero's involved

 

If you pick in the 4-10 range... your guess is as good as mine who Benning will select , and for that matter any other gm in the league.

Well sometimes with people you never know! Look at Bostons GM last year. Some people view others higher than others. So for me its just a relief to hear Benning say his top 3 is my top 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

If you pick in the 4-10 range... your guess is as good as mine who Benning will select , and for that matter any other gm in the league.

It sounds like it would almost certainly be Chychrun if he's on the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Well sometimes with people you never know! Look at Bostons GM last year. Some people view others higher than others. So for me its just a relief to hear Benning say his top 3 is my top 3.

I agree, Im happy Benning knows the top 3 talent is going in the top 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think actually hearing Benning say after the top 3 there is a drop off. Only for the fact that Benning is a loose cannon and if the Canucks for whatever reason are lucky enough to be picking top 3 Benning shouldn't stun the world.

Where did you get the FACT that Benning is a 'loose cannon' in picking prospects in the draft?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...