The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Brendan Gaunce and Andrey Pedan

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

Or ever. Makes no sense to put them together.

Well I can't be bothered to check my crystal ball for say 4 years from now to state 'never' but barring a series of catastrophic injuries, I'd be shocked to see them together at all this season and likely not next either.

Spreading out size on the blueline is a great idea. I can see WD using a shift to see what the Iron Curtain (you heard it here first folks!) might look like.

The roster WD will have to work with for the next little while must excite him just a tad.

Man, if the Canucks ice both Pedan and Tryamkin on Wednesday -- I'm going to be so happy. That'll make the Aves game worth watching. Heck, I might even buy tickets to the game to see them in person. For a season filled with so many disappointments, Pedan and Tryamkin playing in the same game together this year may be a real highlight.

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Well I can't be bothered to check my crystal ball for say 4 years from now to state 'never' but barring a series of catastrophic injuries, I'd be shocked to see them together at all this season and likely not next either.

Ok let me rephrase it. It makes no sense to put them together, in a 3rd pairing role seeing limited minutes, at this stage of their careers.

1 minute ago, theminister said:

Isn't this addition of size nice?

Unprecedented over the last half dozen years or so.

Yes it is. Just based on their presence alone, I can see it having a ripple effect through the roster.

Is it just me or is the roster containing far more rookies than vets at this point?

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Spreading out size on the blueline is a great idea. I can see WD using a shift to see what the Iron Curtain (you heard it here first folks!) might look like.

The roster WD will have to work with for the next little while must excite him just a tad.

The Iron Curtain is going to be our defensive equivalent of the West Coast Express.

4 minutes ago, theminister said:

Biega missed the skate today too.... so even he may be out.

Tanking the honorable way.

No one left standing.  

Got a kick out of the latest attempt out of Toronterrible to maintain what an attractive team the Leafs are for free agents.

Certainly original thinking where free agency is concerned.  What veteran wants to go somewhere with a prospect of winning when they can go to a teardown?

Just now, oldnews said:

Tanking the honorable way.

No one left standing.  

Got a kick out of the latest attempt out of Toronterrible to maintain what an attractive team the Leafs are for free agents.

Certainly original thinking where free agency is concerned.  What veteran wants to go somewhere with a prospect of winning when they can go to a teardown?

Very good point, oldnews. It speaks to the dedication and overall willingness to battle, even against overwhelming odds.

That has to make a good impression on the minds of free agents viewing the team from the outside.

Archived