The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Brendan Gaunce and Andrey Pedan

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I'd still pick him up if we can.

If he struggled with the twins (his own end or otherwise) he could still be an EXCELLENT fit IMO with Horvat and move Sutter or Hansen to the Sedin's RW.

Okposo fits this team to a T... I REALLY hope we can swing him.

I know you've been on this one for months and think you're right.  We really owe it to the Sedins to get the best possible winger for them and he has all the right attributes.  His board work is a real plus and something the younger players can learn from.  Also he fits into the demographic hole in our lineup between ages 25-30.  The only downside is that we are overflowing with young forwards and if we get him, it increases the chance of losing someone like Grenier on waivers.  But I'd still do it just the same, even pay a premium if need be. 

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Tram and Pedan look like Giants compared to the rest. Virt looks like a kid next to them and Sbisa needs a ladder to deliver a pizza to Tram...

Im pretty sure that is Grenier beside Tryampkin...Pedan was just called up.

1 minute ago, numb3r 16 said:

Yep

That's awesome.  That should help out Tryamkin.  I really hope we get Sergachev in the coming draft.  We could have a very BIG RUSSIAN WALL.  ::D. Pedan is mean too.  He teach the other two how to fight.  

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

Tanking the honorable way.

No one left standing.  

Got a kick out of the latest attempt out of Toronterrible to maintain what an attractive team the Leafs are for free agents.

Certainly original thinking where free agency is concerned.  What veteran wants to go somewhere with a prospect of winning when they can go to a teardown?

Right, I guess that goes for Babcock and Lou as well.

You could choose the easy route or you could attempt to do something that has not been done in a generation.

Score the cup winning goal for the Leafs and they'll put your face on the $1000 bill

15 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Good catch. They are both 6'5" so same height. So we'll have 3 guys in the lineup on Wednesday 6'5" or over. Nice.  Size DOES matter...

I just hope WD plays Pedan..he might get gun shy and opt for Weber if he can go...hoping not.

It'll be interesting to see what WD does with the two big Russians, I'm guessing we won't see both of them dressed tomorrow and Weber will slot in solely because he's a righty. Also, Pedan doesn't have the experience to mentor Tryamkin in the ice (in the NHL at least).

What I'm expecting:

Hutton-Tanev

Hammer-Weber

Tryamkin-Bart

What I'd like:

Hutton-Tanev

Pedan-Hammer

Tryamkin-Bart

Archived