The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: BattleStar Galactica [Sign Ups: Open] - Game Over: Mafia/Survivor Win!

Aladeen

2 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

This looks like your stupid "kill me if you have to" defense from last game that you went back to several times

Yup. Your reads have been solid all game imo.

3 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Vig should kill AV.

Look at his tone. He's either mafia or really, really, really timid for no reason. 

No to the first part but yeah his tone has been very scummy. He's sitting on the perimeter while criticizing and deflecting, and he's not really trying to solve the game. Sheriff should investigate him next round.

Sorry for the long read and the possible waste of time of a foregone conclusion, but I need to clear this crap out of my head.

It also allows me to note posts, that I read again, to comment on at a later time.

I will go out of order here and comment first on the Qwags bandwagon, but I would like to get back to the M&H issue later.
I don't like bandwagons (from what I've experienced these are just TP wrecks!) and this one started so early and picked up speed quite quickly.

Qwags first post and he quoted the M&H post that BW found scummy and 'set off sirens'.

On page 5 Qwags said:

"Given recent games, I don't see why we need a reason to vote specific members as Mafia. It usually ends up backfiring."

On first glance, is he saying that based on past games we end up lynching TP so there is no particular reason to vote for mafia specific. I'm not sure if that's what he meant, but we should always be looking for mafia.

While our first round record isn't very good (lynching mafia), we should always strive to seek out and destroy mafia.

On page 6 Qwags said:   (Qwags' post was edited by the way to correct the IVF on his initial vote on M&H. Posted at 9:11 am  and edited at 9:51 am yesterday.)

"Vote1 Milk"

"Why are you so certain BW will be mafia in 3-4 rounds? It's oddly specific."

This was in response to the M&H post and I thought it strange that the logic (right or wrong) of M&H had some merit, just based on BW's value to the town as a TP and the likelihood, of 1st. or 2nd. round mafia kill based on previous games' out comes. Jumped on the board with BW and Falcon on M&H.

Ok, those posts aren't enough to lynch Qwags, add him to a potential scum pool maybe.

Vote him?, yet on page 7 the 1st vote:

KH quotes Qwags' page 5 post and said:

"Vote1 Qwags"

"So you want to make it even easier for the mafia to make weak

votes?"

Actually I find this post confusing, I don't agree with Qwags' post but not being mafia specific (as best we can) certainly makes the town votes weak, not the mafia. As I said confusing only because I don't get what KH means.

I'm not sure that Qwags' post is that scummy to warrant a vote this early.

At this point one vote against Qwags isn't any more notable than Jazz's vote on JL.
It should be noted that KH's vote on Qwags was before Qwags fixed his IVF on M&H.

Qwags makes 2 more posts. On page 7  he quotes Aladeen's vote count post and said:

"Fixed my vote, Lord Aladenis."

On page 8  Qwags quoted a post of Jazz's and said:

"It is now."

On page 11 TL said:

"KH's vote for Qwags was suspicious. Qwags had just made one post

at the time, and although it was a sketchy post, he always posts like

that as TP. It seems like KH was just looking for an easy vote to make

and didn't want to get on either side of the MH argument. This would

make more sense if MH is mafia."

This was posted before the BW revelation of Qwags. After that, TL became the 2nd. vote on Qwags.
If KH is mafia he could have placed a vote on his teammate Qwags because generally, a single vote cast this early doesn't have weight. That vote was cast right after Qwags' IVF vote on M&H.
In addition JL's IVF vote on M&H coupled with Qwags' would have totalled 4 votes on M&H at that time.

If Qwags flips mafia, this looks good on KH who still could be mafia nonetheless.
The vote on Qwags by KH does look like a misdirection vote, (if M&H is a mafia teammate) to protect M&H from an early bandwagon.

Here's the start of the all aboard the Qwags wagon:

On page 11 BW posted:  (Why did you select Qwags to pull this on?)

"CHUCKLING MANICALLY"

Beluga Whale  1,324

Started conversation: 31 minutes ago · Report

"Hey I'm a cylon lackey. I start without the mafia team but I know I'm a

cylon and I can investigate one player every two rounds to try to find

my team."

"I investigated you and you came up as mafia so I'm assuming you're

on the mafia team."

"I don't know why Aladeen hasn't invited me into the PM though."

Qwags

Qwags  692

Replied: just now · Report

"Give him time."

Then, page 11 Qwag posts:

"Got me good."

It just rolls from there, with 11 more votes cast from page 8 thru 13.

On page 12 after TL and then BW vote for Qwags, KH posts: "The PM is legit guys.  Bandwagon away."

By end of page 14 there are 12 votes on Qwags. from a legitimate total votes cast of 13. 112  voted Falcon.

Qwags makes 2 more posts on page 16 that only show that he is resigned to his death. Why has he never defended himself?

If his response was only a bad joke and he wasn't being serious, it is the total lack of defence that surely convicts him.

It is like he is going along with the mafia plan. If he is a Cylon, why can't he regenerate ( be saved) once and then the lynch fails.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, (we are dealing with Cylons here) but this could be a very deliberate and elaborate attempt by them (the Cylons) to control the town. Cylons look like TP remember and every round they have the ability to successfully convert a TP.  Any round that we lynch a TP, we could end up 2 TP short.

Is Qwags Cylon?, it certainly looks so and now BW and KH can be seen as heroes of the town and effectively run the show.

Better to control the town in the thread instead of a PM.

I'm not sure, but this could be very effective strategy by the Cylons. BW and KH could be Cylon.

Suspicious of Falcon and M&H also.

As of this writing there are 14 votes on Qwags with 112 voting Falcon and DC voting FWY.

I don't understand why it isn't 100% of votes cast in favour of Qwags, but at this time, without new info, anyone removing their vote could be considered suspicious.

Until I have a better alternative.

Vote1 Qwags

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Which times?

Also, Doughty is usually way more vocal so I'm getting the sense he's slanking right now.

The game when the cult could convert and I got converted. kaz got converted to.  The role who can convert had a limit of 3players at anytime. Thats virt game IIRC.

I think there is one game but can't remember that game well enough.

25 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Vote1 Qwags

The regime read back to page 16 and presents the following assessment.

Commendations for:

Dr S

JL

Kaz

for insightful and delightful commentary.

The following townspeople are now on the Regime's no-fly list:

Falcon45 

AV

Due to unfavourable cuts of jib.

The regime also apologizes for the lack of colour and quotes in this broadcast.  Technology.

143a7da58c823118f57ec2be7303cba77a9b6335

11 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

If he is a Cylon, why can't he regenerate ( be saved) once and then the lynch fails.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, (we are dealing with Cylons here) but this could be a very deliberate and elaborate attempt by them (the Cylons) to control the town. Cylons look like TP remember and every round they have the ability to successfully convert a TP.  Any round that we lynch a TP, we could end up 2 TP short.

Is Qwags Cylon?, it certainly looks so and now BW and KH can be seen as heroes of the town and effectively run the show.

Better to control the town in the thread instead of a PM.

I'm not sure, but this could be very effective strategy by the Cylons. BW and KH could be Cylon.

Suspicious of Falcon and M&H also.

*SIRENS*

That's screaming potential TMI. Everyone please remember this in case this proves to be true.

Oh God more potential TMI. You sound way too confident about something you shouldn't know for certain.

That's such a random thing to throw in last minute. You analyzed the previous stuff thoroughly but you're not going to go into detail on your scum reads?

30 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

It's not wasting a kill if you don't use it ffs. There's a much higher chance you hit town than you hit mafia with the 1st round vig kill. Look at what you did two games ago with your first vig kill - You killed the God damn sheriff. The game later the vig tried to kill the God damn sheriff as well in round 1. 

I think you guys are looking at the vig kill with flawed logic because you think that because more kills = more chances of hitting mafia, it's worth it but you have to think of the RISK. Unless the Vig is certain they're hitting scum it's not worth the significantly greater chance of killing a TP or a TP special.

If you're happy with the vig sitting one round then by all means that's your opinion. I'd personally prefer a proactive vig than one who sits a round waiting for "certainty." Sure, I killed gbassi in the DBZ game. I felt he wasn't acting normally and I acted. He ended up being the sheriff so the outcome wasn't great, but what if he was Mafia? It probably would've looked pretty good and may have given the TP an edge; hindsight is 20/20.

If everyone had to be absolutely certain of the outcome of a decision, nobody would get anywhere. I guess it all comes down to what one would regret more. Something you've done or something you wish you did? Again, all opinion, so not everyone will agree.

4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

*SIRENS*

That's screaming potential TMI. Everyone please remember this in case this proves to be true.

Oh God more potential TMI. You sound way too confident about something you shouldn't know for certain.

That's such a random thing to throw in last minute. You analyzed the previous stuff thoroughly but you're not going to go into detail on your scum reads?

I don't, but in the show, the Cylons can regenerate, so maybe Aladeen incorporated that in a save that would be unique to the Cylons. Just speculating. My gawd BW, doesn't your brain work?

12 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Yup. Your reads have been solid all game imo.

No to the first part but yeah his tone has been very scummy. He's sitting on the perimeter while criticizing and deflecting, and he's not really trying to solve the game. Sheriff should investigate him next round.

Lmao please tell me what I should solve mate.

You say that I'm too inexperienced to make good reads (the reason why you think I'm cosa nostra) and now I need to be doing more to solve the game?

I provided a little opinion on a few of the players and without putting much thought I said that I couldn't comment on people's status with regards to if they were TP or Mafia, hence why I said that I'll assume they are TP (probably should have said that I was undecided)

7 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

*SIRENS*

It has taken me this length of time to get this far. My other reads are next, after I go back and reread the thread and write my thoughts and speculations. Damn, you've caught Falcon's flu.

6 minutes ago, CanucksLegacy said:

If you're happy with the vig sitting one round then by all means that's your opinion. I'd personally prefer a proactive vig than one who sits a round waiting for "certainty." Sure, I killed gbassi in the DBZ game. I felt he wasn't acting normally and I acted. He ended up being the sheriff so the outcome wasn't great, but what if he was Mafia? It probably would've looked pretty good and may have given the TP an edge; hindsight is 20/20.

If everyone had to be absolutely certain of the outcome of a decision, nobody would get anywhere. I guess it all comes down to what one would regret more. Something you've done or something you wish you did? Again, all opinion, so not everyone will agree.

Loling at you trying to make this a philosophical argument because you're losing. It's about probability. In the first round (assuming the vig is not in contact with the TP alliance) the vig has hardly any info to work off of and therefore, the chances of hitting a TP and harming the town are high.

As the game progresses there's is a lot more info and the vig can kill more accurately. Based off all my mafia experience I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely not worth it for the vig to blind fire in round 1 unless they are certain they're hitting scum.

Alright, it's St. Patty's & I've got some celebrating to do! 

Qwags is scum, pure & simple, caught red-handed and hasn't said a word in his own defence. Anyone not voting Qwags to lynch tonight is suspicious, the evidence is just too overwhelming. 

BW is pretty confirmed Townie, I just don't see the whole BW sacrifices Qwags for Town rep plot as very likely. I'd ask he be watched tonight & Doctor Doctor look out for his well being.

Lots of folks who haven't posted diddly squat. C'mon, help rid our town of the Leisure Suit Larry Mafioso Scum!

Top Scummy Posters: Qwags, 112, The Duce, JJ. These 4 have posted, yet added very little of any meaning to discussion, or were oddly vague/non-committal & had poor reasoning IMO.

Happy St. Patty's, May Your Heart Always Be Full & Your Glass Never Empty!

Archived