The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Avalanche March 16th 7pm

86Viking

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm hugely excited. Especially if Pedan gets slotted in tonight. I don't expect those two to be paired, I just want to see how the defense changes with such a drastic injection of size. 

Both players have already demonstrated considerable physical strength and above average skating for men of their size. 

I'm just hoping he realises that no one (with any sense) is expecting anything special on his first game. I think it takes 20 games for a rookie to get a feel for his line/team mates, systems etc and we are talking about a young guy who hasn't even played on the same size of ice here.

44 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Poor Andrew Alberts never got all this hype :( 

9319806.jpg

I remember Alberts' first game as a Canuck.....not good....The fans started getting on his case immediately....I hope the fans are a bit more forgiving with Tryamkin,a different league and culture....I think he's going to okay because of his skating ability (I remember Chara as a rookie,he was comical to watch,not that great of a skater...far from the dominant player he soon become).

I hope its an entertaining game tonight.. and the kids get some nice goals.

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Willie said pedan and tryamkin  could be paired together for easier communication. 

That is putting a hell of a strain on Pedan. I hope Willie wasn't serious - however who knows, maybe that will prove to be a great idea.

5 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

That is putting a hell of a strain on Pedan. I hope Willie wasn't serious - however who knows, maybe that will prove to be a great idea.

I heard that Hamhuis will be with him.  WD will make sure he's sheltered and I don't expect he'll play that much.  He's got a world of transitioning to do, so they will introduce him really slowly.

Hopefully the more level headed fans will be able to influence the ones that are expecting Chara out there.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I heard that Hamhuis will be with him.  WD will make sure he's sheltered and I don't expect he'll play that much.  He's got a world of transitioning to do, so they will introduce him really slowly.

Hopefully the more level headed fans will be able to influence the ones that are expecting Chara out there.

I think pairing him with Hammer is a great idea. Although I do also like the thought of Pedan and Tryamkin.

My expectations are tempered. I just hope he can adjust to the smaller ice and faster pace before the end of the season so he will be better prepared to make a difference next season.

18 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Willie said pedan and tryamkin  could be paired together for easier communication. 

Tram: "I must break him"!!

Pedan: "If he dies, he dies"!!

Avalanche player: "Those two dudes are enormous, what are they saying to each other they look upset, should we be worried"??

2nd Avalanche player: "Nah, they must just be talking about hanging out at the Roxy after the game, I wouldn't worry about heading into the corners"...

40 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

He also said that Pedan is dependent on whether Biega is good to go or not.  He is on emergency recall so he can't play if Biega can play otherwise they would have to use one of the 4 regular recalls and they might not want to do that quite yet.

Same with Gaunce and Grenier who are also on emergency recall.

2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Tryamkin stat line predictions!

0g 0a -1+/- 1s 2pim 1giv 1tak 2hits 1block 12:34 toi

CDC EXPECTATIONS

2G - 1A - +4 - 10PIM - 0 GIV - 5 TAK - 33 HITS - 15 BLK - 55:08 TOI

All while dishing out 5 injuries.

I just hope he can get more comfortable as the game goes on. If this happens ill be happy no matter what the stat sheet says!

4 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

tryamkin is worse then weber rn, not trying to hate but why do people expect so much from this guy, ya hes tall, hes basically sestito on defense, for now...

He can get better, but right now hes not good enough for the nhl

Based on your vast experience watching him play in the NHL?

This is the epitome of speaking out of ones rectum. 

3 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

tryamkin is worse then weber rn, not trying to hate but why do people expect so much from this guy, ya hes tall, hes basically sestito on defense, for now...

You haven't even seen him play yet... How can you say he isn't good enough for the NHL when he hasn't even played a game in it. Let him play a game and show what he can or can't do before you say anything that goes against the guy

6 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

Kassian>McDavid

More experience :)

54 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I'm just hoping he realises that no one (with any sense) is expecting anything special on his first game. I think it takes 20 games for a rookie to get a feel for his line/team mates, systems etc and we are talking about a young guy who hasn't even played on the same size of ice here.

Oh for sure. This year end is all about getting him used to the speed of the NHL. 

I like that Pedan is now "the little Russian" ::D

Archived