The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Avalanche March 16th 7pm

86Viking

2 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Etem has no hands, Vey no finish: yes, put them together, yes give them more ice time than McCann and Virtanen.

I know.

Wanna to hear Willie explain it.

face palm.....

Baer should be playing with Bo. Could completely understand his frustration & why he seemed to stop trustin' those 2 particular & forsaken linemates of his.

11 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I know.

Wanna to hear Willie explain it.

face palm.....

Baer should be playing with Bo. Could completely understand his frustration & why he seemed to stop trustin' those 2 particular & forsaken linemates of his.

It's not about winning games right now, it's about developing the young players.  We've got 13 games left, this is a perfect run for them.

16 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

why not develop chemistry between players at the same time? 

Like in exhibition, coaches need to try things out, see how players react and perform in any given role and linemates.  Plenty of time to sort out who fits best with whom -- most of these young guys have less than 2 years NHL experience, and a good number less than one.

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Like in exhibition, coaches need to try things out, see how players react and perform in any given role and linemates.  Plenty of time to sort out who fits best with whom -- most of these young guys have less than 2 years NHL experience, and a good number less than one.

This is exactly it. If there was a time to try guys all through the lineup to see what we have , it's now 

willy is doing exactly what he should be doing IMO 

9 hours ago, appleboy said:

Good game. The youth is starting to fade a bit. Both bid guys looked nervous. They need to just play them going forward. Nothing to lose. 

If guys are lackadaisical or don't care, or don't listen, I guess you can give them less TOI, but I don't see Virt or McCann or the two new Russians that way.  WD has said that simply giving guys ice time is not going to happen, they have to earn it.  The problem is that players who aren't going to be here next year such as Vey for sure, probably Burrows and Etem  are getting more TOI than the keepers, such as Virt, McCann, Gaunce, Pedan and Tryamkin. The Tank and the Development can go together: play the guys who have not been put on waivers before or who figure in the future of the team, not the mediocre who won't be here.  It's as if Coach/Mgt cannot put aside the old habits of playing the best at the moment -- i.e., those who make the fewest mistakes.  

Archived