The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Avalanche March 16th 7pm

86Viking

Looking forward to the PGT where everyone here is disappointed Tryamkin isn't instantly our #1D and best dman in the league and going to win the Norris this year.

I am excited to see him play just to see how he stacks up so far, but looking forward more to see how far he comes along after next season and hopefully grows with the league #relax

I can not see why the Russian wall cannot have a decent to great one game debut tonight. It's only one game and any decent player can get up an play at or above normal levels .i fully expect decent to good play out of him tonight. I am super excited about the upgrades on D in positions 5,6,7 positions. .the future has arrived in the the 2 towers  ,now to find a pmd- this draft upcoming June. Let's go comrade Tryamkin

#Canucks players look forward to seeing the big Russian make his NHL debut on home ice tonight.

Canucks Talk Tryamkin (03.16.16)
Dan Hamhuis, Jared McCann, Andrey Pedan & Willie Desjardins talk about what they hope to see out of Nikita Tryamkin as he makes his NHL debut Wednesday when the Canucks host the Colorado Avalanche.

1. 14 retweets28 likes

Retweet

More

"It'll be a challenge, but we'll figure it out. He's a good player; he's had a few practices to adjust" - Hamhuis on playing with Tryamkin

8 retweets38 likes

Retweet

More

"All the travel was tough, but I'd rather be doing this than most other jobs. This is where I want to be" - Gaunce #Canucks

6 retweets49 likes

Retweet

More

"There's no days off, you have to work harder and harder every day" - Pedan, on what he learned most during his first stint with #Canucks.

10 retweets49 likes

Retweet

More

"I'm very happy to be here and to be wearing a #Canucks jersey. I want to make an impact and help us win" - Tryamkin (via translator)

21 retweets93 likes

Retweet

More

"Maybe we pair him with Hamhuis...maybe we play him with Pedan...we'll talk here and see what we think works best" - coach on Tryamkin

10 retweets46 likes

Retweet

More

Gaunce plays tonight, coach Desjardins unsure if Pedan slots in vs. Avalanche. #Canucks

9 retweets40 likes

Retweet

More

Optional #Canucks morning skate. Burrows, Hansen, Biega, Pedan and Gaunce all taking part.

13 minutes ago, internationalCanuck said:

Looking forward to the PGT where everyone here is disappointed Tryamkin isn't instantly our #1D and best dman in the league and going to win the Norris this year.

I am excited to see him play just to see how he stacks up so far, but looking forward more to see how far he comes along after next season and hopefully grows with the league #relax

Considering Tryamkin is coming from a much lesser league, where fitness levels and speed of play is not the same, your prediction is certainly more likely than the big positive ones.

what I look for with these prospects is their ceiling moments.  Then I know, if developed properly and the player has the necessary character, that player in time will play more consistently to that level.  We see this with Jake Virtanen.  He has flashes of absolute brilliance, where he dominates the game.  We are now seeing this play more often.  Let's look for Tryamkin's best moments.

Willie Desjardins talks about the re-call of Brendan Gaunce & Andrey Pedan as well as Nikita Tryamkin's NHL debut.

PRE GAME | Willie Desjardins 03.16.16
Coach Willie Desjardins speaks with reporters Wednesday in advance of the Canucks final meeting of the season with the Colorado Avalanche.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering Tryamkin is coming from a much lesser league, where fitness levels and speed of play is not the same, your prediction is certainly more likely than the big positive ones.

what I look for with these prospects is their ceiling moments.  Then I know, if developed properly and the player has the necessary character, that player in time will play more consistently to that level.  We see this with Jake Virtanen.  He has flashes of absolute brilliance, where he dominates the game.  We are now seeing this play more often.  Let's look for Tryamkin's best moments.

My feelings exactly. Hope to see a big hit or two, some positives in clearing the front of the net and just a few good defensive plays. Couple nice passes clearing the zone would be good too. 

But really, i expect an adjustment period for a while including mistakes.  Like you said, seeing good plays showing the potential ceiling of the player is what i look for in our young prospects. Still got high hopes for this one in a couple years

3 minutes ago, internationalCanuck said:

My feelings exactly. Hope to see a big hit or two, some positives in clearing the front of the net and just a few good defensive plays. Couple nice passes clearing the zone would be good too. 

But really, i expect an adjustment period for a while including mistakes.  Like you said, seeing good plays showing the potential ceiling of the player is what i look for in our young prospects. Still got high hopes for this one in a couple years

I know the big guy prefers the right side, so I hope our coach (big concern here) uses him as the seventh D and spots him in with Hamhuis.  I'd be totally shocked if Tryamkin plays more than 10 minutes.  He might not even get a shift in the period when the right side is furthest from the bench.  

Archived