Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Avalanche March 16th 7pm


86Viking

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, a player only gets added to the list when he returns from an injury. As there is a column of how many games he missed and when he returned. Sutter will only show up on that list when he's healthy again and returns to the line-up. Same for others.

That would explain why Edler's latest injury isn't shown either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Willie said pedan and tryamkin  could be paired together for easier communication. 

There could be a reason to consider it beyond communication.  This defence corps is startlingly weak (not meaning physically weak.)

 

If the Canucks go the whole way with the pairings being Hutton-Tanev; Hamhuis-Tryamkin; Bartkowski-Pedan it gets really tough for WD to shelter everyone that probably should be sheltered.    Bartkowksi is a good skater on whom the knock is making mistakes.  Pedan is an AHL player, skilled but still having some development to go to become a solid NHL player.  That pair is one that normally you'd expect WD to want to shelter at least a little.

 

If you then shelter your second pairing of Hamhuis-Tryamkin as well, how many minutes do Hutton and Tanev play?

 

Realistically it probably has to be expected that WD will switch pairs a little to get Hamhuis extra minutes.  One of those possibilities is to play, at least sometimes, Hutton-Tanev; Hamhuis-Bartkowski; Pedan-Tryamkin with the Russian Towers getting limited ice time.  Of course, WD may not feel very comfortable with a KHL player in his first North American game partnering an AHL player for much time at all.

 

It will come down, in the long run, to what WD sees of them on the ice.  I don't think many of us on CDC have a good read on WD's thinking in that regard-hands up all that have NOT been surprised by WD's lines and defensive pairs quite a few times this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight's Referees:

Tom Kowal (#32)

130p_kowal.jpg?resize=130%2C130

  • Games 2015-16: 58
  • Career Games: 943
  • First NHL Game: Oct 29 1999
  • Birthplace: Vernon, BC
  Kowal NHL
Rank
NHL
Avg
Goals/Gm 5 33 5.3
PP/Gm 3 28 3.1
Penl/Gm 4.1 20 4
PIM/Gm 9.6 18 9.6
% of Penl on Home 48% 15 48%
More Penl on Road 8% 20 7%
Home Win % 52% 27 53%
Home Rec. 30-28    
Games to OT/SO 21% 24 23%
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd
Pctg 36% 39% 26%
Rank 8 22 33
Team Records ’15-16 ’14-15 ’13-14
COL 0-3 3-3 3-3
VAN 1-2 5-5 1-4

Frederick L’Ecuyer (#17)

130p_lecuyer.jpg?resize=130%2C130

  • Games 2015-16: 60
  • Career Games: 464
  • First NHL Game: Oct 11 2007
  • Birthplace: Trois-Rivieres, QC
  L’Ecuyer NHL
Rank
NHL
Avg
Goals/Gm 4.9 36 5.3
PP/Gm 3.5 7 3.1
Penl/Gm 4.2 12 4
PIM/Gm 9.7 15 9.6
% of Penl on Home 47% 30 48%
More Penl on Road 11% 7 7%
Home Win % 48% 32 53%
Home Rec. 29-31    
Games to OT/SO 18% 31 23%
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd
Pctg 35% 37% 27%
Rank 10 28 30
Team Records ’15-16 ’14-15 ’13-14
COL 1-2 2-4 3-2
VAN 1-3 1-2 3-1
 

Tonight's Linesmen:

Greg Devorski (#54)

130p_devorski.jpg?resize=130%2C130

  • Games 2015-16: 50
  • Career Games: 1477
  • First NHL Game: Oct 9 1993
  • Birthplace: Guelph, ON

David Brisebois (#96)

130p_brisebois.jpg?resize=130%2C130

  • Games 2015-16: 58
  • Career Games: 944
  • First NHL Game: Oct 11 1999
  • Birthplace: Sudbury, ON
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Just watch, with the Canucks injury luck right now Tanev (or another Veteran) will get injured early in this game and the Canucks will be playing Tram and Pedan big minutes together... typical Canuck luck

This train wreck couldn't get any worse, now could it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we're at a point now where it doesn't matter how many mistakes the youngens make. With every mistake they will learn a lesson going into the future. I get that Willie still references the playoffs, but he only says that because he has to. He's the head coach and if the head coach is saying "we're not going to make the playoffs", when technically they still can, he won't have a job for long. He will continue this mantra until they are mathematically out. But inside, he knows...hehe

 

I'm loving that we're getting a very early glimpse of the Canucks future with all of the youth getting an opportunity. Gives them a taste, so when they show up for camp late in the summer, they're hungry to make the team and stick. Whatever happened to the Latvian Locomotive (Kenins)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

If that's not a rebuilding I don't know what is! I wish there would have been a way to have a look at Larsen as well. I think his team is out of the KHL playoffs if google translate is correct.

Philip Larsen was seriously injured and did not play in the last two playoff games. His team lost in playoffs. Larsen's stats in playoffs: 4 games, 3 goals, 1 assist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think we're at a point now where it doesn't matter how many mistakes the youngens make. With every mistake they will learn a lesson going into the future. I get that Willie still references the playoffs, but he only says that because he has to. He's the head coach and if the head coach is saying "we're not going to make the playoffs", when technically they still can, he won't have a job for long. He will continue this mantra until they are mathematically out. But inside, he knows...hehe

 

I'm loving that we're getting a very early glimpse of the Canucks future with all of the youth getting an opportunity. Gives them a taste, so when they show up for camp late in the summer, they're hungry to make the team and stick. Whatever happened to the Latvian Locomotive (Kenins)?

Kenins may have no future here, so no reason to play him. I heard some talk that he could play in Zurich again, like he did before he came to Vancouver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

what was the injury?

I could not find any details of his injury but that playoff series against Torpedo was nasty. Jokerit lost several players due to injures, Torpedo coach almost fought two Jokerit players in one of games, Jokerit GM was fined...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I could not find any details of his injury but that playoff series against Torpedo was nasty. Jokerit lost several players due to injures, Torpedo coach almost fought two Jokerit players in one of games, Jokerit GM was fined...

would we try to bring him over here and sign a deal, show him around the city and team, negotiate a contract. let our doctors see him and evaluate him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oooldman said:

There has been so much hoopla surrounding Tryamkin due to his size.  The pressure on this young man is tremendous and most certainly unfair and unrealistic.  We need to cool our jets a bit and give this guy a chance to adjust.  My fear is that he will be totally embarrassed this evening and retreat back to the KHL never to return.  Hopefully, the player and management will be able to convince him otherwise.  Yesterday's bag skate illustrated that his conditioning level is not up to NHL standards.  Any thinking student of the game was not surprised.  When you combine that shortcoming with the "time and space" issue and the language thing, the potential for disaster is huge.  It's my hope that Willie will limit his ice time tonight and pick his spots to protect him.  All the above is not to say that this fellow doesn't have potential because he does.  

   

I think he put the pressure on him self saying he wanted to be better than Chara lol. And realistically there is a lot of pressure he's the first Russian we've drafted and have suit up for us since chudarov or shirokov anyways it's been long over due like a decade. So ya we are all hyped and can't wait till 7pm pst people whining about people being hyped can shut it enjoy the game not the drama lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Yukoncanuck87 said:

I think he put the pressure on him self saying he wanted to be better than Chara lol. And realistically there is a lot of pressure he's the first Russian we've drafted and have suit up for us since chudarov or shirokov anyways it's been long over due like a decade. So ya we are all hyped and can't wait till 7pm pst people whining about people being hyped can shut it enjoy the game not the drama lol.

It's nice to hear a confident player.  However I am guessing there was something lost in the translation of that quote.  Maybe he meant he was going to have his own career?  Plus, Chara is really not a good skater.  Tryamkin is known as a very good skater.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...