The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blues @ Canucks, Saturday, March 19, 7:00 PM PST

TheGuardian_

While the Canucks battled hard in Edmonton and showcased their better AHL players and future prospects the Blues and Hitchcock especially, rested up in Vancouver and watched the game last night.

While not being a long road trip, it is still travel and disruption.

St Louis is in the fight for 1rst in the west and home ice advantage, losers of their last two and looking poorly at that, I expect Hitchcock watched and studied the Canuck game with all the new pieces. Hitchcock will have discovered more than a few, lets say, non-strengths in the Canuck line up.

St Louis plays a different game than the Oil, their game has a wee bit more truculence involved, a tiny bit more physicality and a whole lot more pretending to be the "telephone" man, you know, "they reach out and touch someone". Combine that with the resolve of getting over their embarrassment's of the last two games, the fight for first and this being Hitchcock's last year of his current contract I expect the twin towers and the twins are going to be tested against the boards.

The last few games have been relatively light in the hitting department and fairly free wheeling open affairs often looking more like exhibition games but not tonight, the Blues will clog up the middle, get on the rookie dmen and generally try to impose their will on a less skilled/experienced and tired Canucks.

What do the Nucks need to do or what can they do? Survive and learn.

6-3

29 minutes ago, Green Building said:

75011_300.png

I'm looking forward to this one. Get to see the young guys play a much better team that Edmonton on the second night of a back to back. Miller probably gets the start. Who slots in for Vrbata if he can't go?

Isn't Hansen ready to go for today? Willie suggested he might be back in the line-up on either Friday (which he wasn't) or Saturday. 

4-3 Blues.

Horvat and Tarasenko drop the gloves.

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Isn't Hansen ready to go for today? Willie suggested he might be back in the line-up on either Friday (which he wasn't) or Saturday. 

4-3 Blues.

Horvat and Tarasenko drop the gloves.

Coach Desjardins said Hansen suffered a setback and won't play this weekend. #Canucks

•  
  •  
  •  

Bo, Baer, and Gaunce finished the game together, and controlled the play.  The Twins finished with Virtanen and controlled the play.  I expect WD will start with those two lines together.  If WD lets those two lines play together, we will score at least 3, providing Hutton plays while Hank's line is on, and Tanev plays while Bo is on.  

ALF HAS SPOKEN:o

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo, Baer, and Gaunce finished the game together, and controlled the play.  The Twins finished with Virtanen and controlled the play.  I expect WD will start with those two lines together.  If WD lets those two lines play together, we will score at least 3, providing Hutton plays while Hank's line is on, and Tanev plays while Bo is on.  

ALF HAS SPOKEN:o

I'm pretty sure Gaunce, Horvat, and Virtanen were together at the end of the game, and Baer was given a shot with the Sedins.

Archived