The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TankNation Final Stretch Schedules and Predictions

70seven

On 3/23/2016 at 11:11 PM, coastal1 said:

Buffalo seems like a good rebuild?? Where do you see that? You focus on the high draft picks of 3 clubs. Every year 5 teams have the top 5 picks and how many end up with the cup a few years later.\? Sure there are success stories. Did I notice the time periods involved?? Yes: Chicago made the playoffs ONCE in the 10 seasons before they made they became a contender (2008-9), are you ready for that? And that is one of your success stories! Pittsburgh missed the playoffs for 7 out of 8 years before they won the cup. It is not a matter of 3-4 years!!! (LA missed the playoffs 6 years in a row!)

Well, compared to Edmonton as they are right now the Sabres are coming up roses.

Amongst others they have Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, Reinhart at forward, Ristolainen and Bogosian on defense, and they look to be on more solid ground with regard to their goalie position. Add to this the chance they could pick up another decent player in this year's draft and they could be real close.

For Edmonton to get comparable results to what the Sabres could achieve next year, I see them having to trade 1.) Yakupov, who would become redundant should the Oilers get one of the top wingers in this draft, and 2.) RNH, who is expendable with the addition of McDavid, for some defensive help.

regards,  G.

16 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Toronto just lost one of its easy games. I think it's safe to say we won't finish in the bottom 2.

Yup, with Buffalo's win and Toronto's loss it looks like we are a lock to pick somewhere in the 3-6 range.  

I would be ecstatic with 3rd overall to be honest.

20 hours ago, kloubek said:

I'm nearly certain JB will speak with Eriksson's camp.  They have played together in the worlds and already have chemistry.  That would help the on-ice play of all three, as well as potentially encourage him to sign with us if the Sedins talk to him.  While adding a player like Vrbata worked out initially, he's just "some talented guy".  But here, we have a talented guy who looks like a perfect fit.

He's really not soft.... you can't say that just because he had concussions - it happens.  No, he doesn't play particularly hard either, but he plays like the Sedins do.... a possession game that relies on skill. 

I think he would be a perfect fit.  Sign him for 4 years at 5.75 per with a *limited* ntc. That gives him a bit of a term for security, might encourage the Sedins to stick around another couple of years if they all produce, and lets us get out of the contract around the time he might start to decline.  Everyone is happy.  A Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson line looks pretty good to me.

I believe Eriksson could be nearly a ppg player with the Sedins.  Compared to the other UFAs, we could snag who would likely provide similar scoring, he'd be a steal, leaving extra coin to further bolster our team where our young guys are likely to fall short.

I appreciate all that you say about him but honestly do we want another (ok I won't say soft) player with little or no pushback on this team.

Have we given up on not wanting/allowing cheap shots against the twins? Well we must have because Eriksson is not going to do anything about it.

We play in the West, the most physical division/conference in the league and it is time to expect new players coming into this rebuild to stand up for themselves and their team mates.

Hansen is maybe not everyones idea of a top line winger but I know one thing; he always answers the bell.

Sorry, no Eriksson for me, imo he is the antithesis of what we need on the top line while the Twins are there. Lines with absolutely no push back don't win SCs.

18 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Sorry, no Eriksson for me, imo he is the antithesis of what we need on the top line while the Twins are there. Lines with absolutely no push back don't win SCs.

Chicago has no push back and they did just fine. 

Their top forwards last season were: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad, Sharp and Richards.  

Right now we are extremely lacking in the skill department, so Eriksson is a yes for me.  Given the fact that he wouldn't cost us anything, it would be a no brainer for me.

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Their top forwards last season were: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad, Sharp and Richards.  

Right now we are extremely lacking in the skill department, so Eriksson is a yes for me.  Given the fact that he wouldn't cost us anything, it would be a no brainer for me.

You obviously haven't watched that team or these players in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You don't need pushback when you're pushing forward.

thise players dictate the game almost every night.  Big difference.

On 3/27/2016 at 3:58 PM, Time Lord said:

It sucks how winning today, for the first time in 8 games, would put us back at 6th last.

It's so hard to tank properly.

That never ended up happening, but now we're at 2 wins in 11 games and back at 6th last...

Calgary will probably pass us if they win the game against us since they're just 1 point back.

Winnipeg's schedule looks tough, but they're only 1 point away.

Columbus's schedule looks easy, but they're 3 points behind (with a game in hand though).

Toronto is likely too far back to pass us and not good enough.

Edmonton has almost no chance of passing us.

I'm guessing 5th last.

5 hours ago, Time Lord said:

That never ended up happening, but now we're at 2 wins in 11 games and back at 6th last...

Calgary will probably pass us if they win the game against us since they're just 1 point back.

Winnipeg's schedule looks tough, but they're only 1 point away.

Columbus's schedule looks easy, but they're 3 points behind (with a game in hand though).

Toronto is likely too far back to pass us and not good enough.

Edmonton has almost no chance of passing us.

I'm guessing 5th last.

I suspect that you are correct, at least as things currently stand.

However, should the Canucks lose their remaining games then Calgary and Edmonton would have passed them (on points and/or tie-breaker), and all it would take to get that 20% chance is for Winnipeg to win one game (doable), Columbus to get three points from their remaining games (also doable), and Toronto to forget that that are in full tank mode and win at least two games (which would give them the ROW tie-breaker).

Yeah, probably 25th to 27th (4th to 6th pick range pre-lottery) because Buffalo currently has a four point edge on  24th.

regards,  G.

23 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You obviously haven't watched that team or these players in the playoffs.

you're right. dealing with people who only know the hawks from when they eliminated the canucks and stopped watching all together, are the one ones who disregard that team and the talent that they posses, and just how tough they really are. i've said for years that jonathan toews is probably the most all around player in the world-- a guy who makes everyone around him better on a consistent basis, a guy who presents himself like a champion

sure, he said some stupid **** when he was younger, but as the guy ages, you just have to respect the guy for how he conducts himself. he's in it to win it, and expects nothing but excellence from his team, and himself

as for hossa, it's hard to argue that he's always been a consistent player, since he was a thrasher, a sen, his one year as a red wing and as a blackhawk, as well as being a hard guy to play against, no matter where he was, he's always been able to adapt to whatever environment he was in. thats why the hawks are as good as they are-- they've built a team full of winners and you can not take away any of their success-- going from a team that had no TV deals to the face of the league, in my opinion

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

CLB beat BUF tonight so we now hold the #3 lotto pick

CLB plays CHI tomorrow and the game should be over by the time we play EDM

If CLB wins again we can clobber the Coilers and still keep our position in the Lottery.

Columbus is not gonna beat the Hawks unless they coast. Even then, I don't know if they can do it.

2 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Columbus is not gonna beat the Hawks unless they coast. Even then, I don't know if they can do it.

Well we keep 3rd OA if

Blue Jackets win

or

Canucks lose

or

Canucks win in a shootout and Blue Jackets lose in overtime/shootout

18 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Hopefully the Hawks don't play their top guys a ton because they've got nothing to play for. They're locked into the 3rd seed in the central so why risk injury to Toews, Kane etc.. 

Columbus however is a team full of players auditioning for a spot next year and it's their final home game. Have to imagine they want to give the fans a win, just like I expect the Canucks to have a good game against the Oilers. 

Archived