to PHX

Van 1st

Etem

Sbisa

To VAN:

OEL

Domi

2016 1st

I doubt PHX does that, but I agree with you, PHX should have a ton of interest in austin Mathews because he is a local boy and it would probably set them up nicely for the next decade with him and stroke as 1C and 2C

then at 8 we take Sergachev, we need his nastiness

in offseason we sign one of Stamkos, Lucic, Ladd, Backes, ericksson in that order

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

If the Canucks are lucky enough tobe in a position draft Matthews I truly believe they should trade him to Arizona. Arizona would so covet the local boy being their franchise player that I believe they would agree to swap 1st round picks, trade OEL and one of Domi or Duclair to get him. Matthews would be a huge drawing card in Phoenix and would instantly make them a more financially viable franchise. My opinion only of course.

Love your thinking there.

It would not surprise one bit if JB can pull that off ,he may go for it the team is in a mess right now in D as well as scoring even strength goals.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do :

to PHX

Van 1st

Etem

Sbisa

To VAN:

OEL

Domi

2016 1st

I doubt PHX does that, but I agree with you, PHX should have a ton of interest in austin Mathews because he is a local boy and it would probably set them up nicely for the next decade with him and stroke as 1C and 2C

then at 8 we take Sergachev, we need his nastiness

in offseason we sign one of Stamkos, Lucic, Ladd, Backes, ericksson in that order

Domi Stamkos Sutter

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Bartschi Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsette

McCann to the ahl where he can play 20 min a night and develop

buyout burrows, sign demers 5.5 mill

trade Miller for whatever you can get and sign reimer 2 yrs x2.5 mill

OEL Tanev

Edler demers

Hutton Tryamkin

Pedan

markstrom

reimer

demko

30 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

If the Canucks are lucky enough to be in a position to draft Matthews I truly believe they should trade him to Arizona. Arizona would so covet the local boy being their franchise player that I believe they would agree to swap 1st round picks, trade OEL and one of Domi or Duclair to get him. Matthews would be a huge drawing card in Phoenix and would instantly make them a more financially viable franchise. My opinion only of course.

as much as i love that trade...PHO wouldnt even think of trading OEL and then swapping first round picks and trading domi? this would set their franchise back.....local boy or not, only way phoenix would drawn fans is if they are a contender and that's not happening if they trade one of the best d men in the league 

2 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I'd rather finish in 4th in the standings so that we have a chance to win the lottery instead of lose the lottery.  I still think we could finish as low as 2nd though.  Not guarantee for a top 3 pick.  Even last place is a 50% proposition.

That's silly... The higher you are the less you are viable to drop back. If we are 4th and 3 teams win the lottery that are behind us then all of a sudden we're drafting 7th.

higher the better

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yes, I am seeing it a lot like you 77

Pre-Lottery

1. Toronto

2. Winterpeg

3. Vancouver

4. Edmonton

5. Arizona

6. Calgary

7. Buffalo

8. Columbus

Post-Lottery

1. Toronto

2. Edmonton

3. Winterpeg

4. Vancouver

5. Arizona

6. Calgary

7. Buffalo

8. Columbus

For me this is the way I look at it.........if we win a lottery pick

1. Matthews

2. *Trade down................to 4 to 5

3. Chychrun or Juolevi

4. Chychrun or Juolevi

5. Chychrun or Juolevi

6. Chychrun or Juolevi

7. Juolevi or Sergachev

*. The price for trading down is a A-prospect or multiple picks. My reason is we are almost too early to get an elite player, when we miss out on Matthews......trade down and go for the Defenseman......pick up a 2nd and 3rd in the process or the prospect.......remember, Laine is not a guarantee...........but before you jump on me on this one, I recognize those that would pick BPA, and choose Laine. deal with Toronto to take Matthews...........possible...........maybe not so likely

I guess it would matter what the offer was, and if there was even any interest. But my guess is that if Arizona could move to 2nd overall, they would and then work a separate deal with Toronto

Any gm that trades down from one of the top 3 picks to get a project dman should be fired on the spot.

Anybody know what the date for the Draft Lottery will be this year? I've looked around and haven't seen anything about it. If I remember correctly it was held shortly after the end of the regular season last year. Maybe a day or two later.

1 minute ago, Mr. Mitch said:

Anybody know what the date for the Draft Lottery will be this year? I've looked around and haven't seen anything about it. If I remember correctly it was held shortly after the end of the regular season last year. Maybe a day or two later.

As @DamoSpin reported, draft lottery to be held April 30.

as per elliot via twitter

Some video of them discussing the date as well haven't checked it out though.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-draft-lottery-search-model-goalie/

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If we can just get a top three pick, we get one of those three elite skilled - obvious - first line guys.  I think we will still need one more. How do we get that second (Twin) so to speak?  

Free agency. Isn't Jamie Benn coming available soon?

They way I look at it, we are in great position. Where we are now, I could not see us picking after 6th.

Mathews

Laine 

Puljaurvi 

Tkchuck 

Chychrun 

Dubois 

Any one of those players will look great on our team, a lot of size, grit, and offensive ability this year. In my opinion, we don't trade down. As fans, we have earned the fruits of a tank and I want to see one of these young guys play with Boes on the top line one day. The only scenario I can stomach if we trade is we win 1st and Arizona has a top 5 or 6. We swap 1st with Domi and a 2nd or 3rd depending on where they position. The idea of Domi and Horvat leading the future of the Canucks is to tempting to pass up. 

I have a gut feeling we will draft 2nd, and take Laine.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Vancouver likely finishes 29th overall, I just do not see us winning 3 of our final games because we cannot even beat wnnipeg and edmonton

and then I say we offer elder+ to edmonton for their 1st, we should be able to swing that and then resign hamhuis and offer big money to demers, goglioski, handle 

chychrun is not a franchise d man so if we draft 2, 4 I say we take Puljujarvi and Tkachuk

1st and 4 - Matthews and Tkachuk

buyout Burrows and with with the elder trade that gives us about 7.5 million in addition to the 5 million from vrbata and 4.5 for hammer = 17 mill for 3 players - 1D and 1F at least assuming one of our top draft picks makes the team

I would favour goglioski at 6.5 and Ladd or Lucic at 6mill and then hammer at 3.0mll

one final trade - sbisa + Mccann + 2017 1st (weak draft year) to St Louis for shattenkirk

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Lucic Matthews Sutter

Bartschi Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce Granlund Dorsette

Tkachuk back to junior or plays 4th line with granlund and dorsette with gaunce as the 13th forward for going back to the ahl

vey is on a 2 way contract starts off in the ahl

Emerson is on a 2 way contract in the ahl or is released

Goglioski Tanev

Hutton Shattenkirk

Hamhuis Tryamkin

Pedan

some work on the d needs to be done in the future but thats a playoff team right there

I admire your enthusiasm, but there's no way that Edmonton goes for the Edler trade as described.

I suspect that a more likely avenue for them is to keep their pick and trade some of their forward strength. Depending on where they are picking (say 2nd - 4th) then they are getting one of the Finns, or Tkachuk etc. This means that Yakupov becomes expendable. With McDavid on their team, one of RNH or Draisaitl is expendable. So, they move Yak and one of the centers in separate deals (RNH would be my option) and they could get back additional 1sts, or two fairly good young d-men, or one very good young d-man if RNH and Yak go in the same deal (with additional picks, prospects/players as needed).

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would do :

to PHX

Van 1st

Etem

Sbisa

To VAN:

OEL

Domi

2016 1st

I agree that the Coyotes wouldn't do that trade. They might try to get away with Domi, PHX 1st, and a pretty good package of misc picks/prospects/players for the Vancouver 1st and a not quite as good package of misc. Vancouver picks/prospects/players/cap dumps.

But then, the Canucks would be stupid to make that trade. :)

regards,  G.

29 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

I agree that the Coyotes wouldn't do that trade. They might try to get away with Domi, PHX 1st, and a pretty good package of misc picks/prospects/players for the Vancouver 1st and a not quite as good package of misc. Vancouver picks/prospects/players/cap dumps.

But then, the Canucks would be stupid to make that trade. :)

regards,  G.

we don't need domi, we need OEL

alternatively consider:

To PHX:

Edler

Etem

1st (OA)

To VAN

OEL

Domi

8th (OA)

then

To ST LOUIS

8th OA + Sbisa

To VAN

Shattenkirk

ST LOUIS 1st rd pick 2016

buyout Burrows,

sign stamkos to league max

resign hammer

our D corps is sick

OEL Tanev

Hutton Shattenkirk

Hamhuis Tryamkin

Pedan

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

we don't need domi, we need OEL

alternatively consider:

To PHX:

Edler

Etem

1st (OA)

To VAN

OEL

Domi

8th (OA)

then

To ST LOUIS

8th OA + Sbisa

To VAN

Shattenkirk

ST LOUIS 1st rd pick 2016

buyout Burrows,

sign stamkos to league max

resign hammer

our D corps is sick

OEL Tanev

Hutton Shattenkirk

Hamhuis Tryamkin

Pedan

Losing OEL is a non-starter for PHX (imo). There's no sane reason that they move him for the 1st OA.  Domi, their 2016 1st, maybe their 2017 1st, (and possibly their 2018 1st?) is far more likely.

If you want to trade that 1st OA pick to PHX then you're going to have to expect a return package which doesn't include OEL, but then again, that's just my opinion. :)

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

Losing OEL is a non-starter for PHX (imo). There's no sane reason that they move him for the 1st OA.  Domi, their 2016 1st, maybe their 2017 1st, (and possibly their 2018 1st?) is far more likely.

If you want to trade that 1st OA pick to PHX then you're going to have to expect a return package which doesn't include OEL, but then again, that's just my opinion. :)

regards,  G.

Phoenix would ABSOLUTELY 100% for certain trade OEL to get Matthews, and they would swap picks, and add.  

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

you are probably right, but if I had the 1st OA and I was vancouver, the deal would only for his OEL was coming back and I would even be willing to include elder in the deal. Van does not need storm/dmi/duclair or even 2 out of the 3 for austin Matthews. The hype around the guy alone will re-energize the vancouver fan base, not to mention he is nil ready and ahead of strome and projects to be better than domi. trading austin matthews for storm + dome + 8th OA is a bad move as PHX gets the best player in the deal and we only get one guaranteed nil player.

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

If the Canucks are lucky enough to be in a position to draft Matthews I truly believe they should trade him to Arizona. Arizona would so covet the local boy being their franchise player that I believe they would agree to swap 1st round picks, trade OEL and one of Domi or Duclair to get him. Matthews would be a huge drawing card in Phoenix and would instantly make them a more financially viable franchise. My opinion only of course.

Matthews for OEL + Domi + top 6 pick??? No way Arizona agrees.

Archived