The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TankNation Final Stretch Schedules and Predictions

70seven

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

As much as we need a future franchise center (Matthews) or a great D (Chychrun), getting Laine would be a wet dream.

Of course if it was a choice I would pick Mathews over Laine. But Laine is easily my favourite player in the draft. That massive Finn was crazy fun to watch in the tournament. He seems the most like a Canuck to me.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Phoenix would ABSOLUTELY 100% for certain trade OEL to get Matthews, and they would swap picks, and add.  

I disagree. Oliver has quickly became a Noris candidate on a terrible team. Maybe if this was a year or two ago that would fly, but Larsson is one of the premier offensive defencemen in the league now. He has also made leaps and bounds defensively, where as a year ago I think he was assumed to be a liability. 

I'm not saying that this trade is unworkable, as Mathews would be worth a kings ransom this draft, but I feel that OEL is practically untouchable. Every team, particularly rebuilding teams, is looking for that 1A, Noris quality Dman. I think a comparable forward would get the deal done, but D men are just to damn valuable in today's NHL. Just my humble opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's a chat room.  Source.:lol:

Oh yeah?

14 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I disagree. Oliver has quickly became a Noris candidate on a terrible team. Maybe if this was a year or two ago that would fly, but Larsson is one of the premier offensive defencemen in the league now. He has also made leaps and bounds defensively, where as a year ago I think he was assumed to be a liability. 

I'm not saying that this trade is unworkable, as Mathews would be worth a kings ransom this draft, but I feel that OEL is practically untouchable. Every team, particularly rebuilding teams, is looking for that 1A, Noris quality Dman. I think a comparable forward would get the deal done, but D men are just to damn valuable in today's NHL. Just my humble opinion. 

So there. :P

regards,  G.

14 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I understand the value of OEL, but Matthews is from Arizona.  He's unique.  He's a ticket seller's dream for a franchise that needs to sell itself.  I believe if we get lucky, and win the draft lotto, there is a method to get both Finns.  Edmonton and Arizona need to pick two an three though.  IMHAO, of course.

I am constantly baffled with this obsession to use the first pick for a dman.

There is no dman in this year's draft that will have an immediate impact or change the outlook of the team for years yet, next year's draft might be different by a mile. Besides the guys on the team right now look as good a Chara first did, is anyone giving up on them already? Hutton's numbers compare with OEL and EK in their rookie years so far.

This is not a very good team, if they were good then Vey, Etem and most likely some of the rookies would not be on it.

Some here think Sven is going to be a top scoring top six player, but remember, this is not a good team right now, maybe in the "new" NHL he will be a very good third line scorer, being that third liners will now be more expected to be scorers than checkers, but watching last nights game, he still backed away from intense hitting, so did Vey, he wouldn't even chase the puck a few times. Horvat is showing signs he might be a decent second line center, he is just lacking the consistency so far, at 20 it is a bit of a load on his shoulders right now.

With regards to Mathews and Arizona, it would not make "hockey" sense to give too much up for him, but for marketing, that's another thing, they need the marketing.

In any thought of a deal there would be a swap of first's and OEL. Mathews value could be all out of proportion if, say the Nucks have that spot, in an auction, forcing Arizona's hand. OEL and multiple 1rst's? 2017 & 2018? Maybe sweeten the deal with Fedun?

Just now, Alflives said:

IMHAO, we are going to be drafting top three for a few years in a row.  :mellow:

Iduno Alf I think this is our only year. We have so much cap space we'll be overpaying in free agency for a couple years. We have 12 million this year and another 12 million the following year. They should be able to improve this team.

i see this team splitting wins with EDM and beating the flames. i think the last games against the oilers will determine where this team ends up in the standings, whether or not we're picking top 5. it'll come right down to the final game, 2 points could decide it all. it is an exciting time :3

4 hours ago, 70seven said:

Obviously the odds are all over the place with the lottery, but a quick breakdown of games remaining gives TankNation a reason to believe that we'll have an Austin or a Finn in next years top 6 grouping.

CBJ - 66 pts  (11 Remaining...  Projection  3-7-1   73 pts)

Home Games  

vs Philly, Carolina, Rangers, Chicago

Away Games

at NJ, Nashville, Islanders, Washington, Carolina, Toronto, Buffalo

Edmonton - 65 pts  (8 Remaining...  Projection 3-5   72 pts)

Home Games

vs Colorado, Anaheim, Calgary, Vancouver

Away Games

at Arizona, LA, SJ, Vancouver

Calgary - 66 pts (11 Remaining....  Projection 4-5-2    76 pts)

Home Games

vs Chicago, LA, Vancouver

Away Games

at Montreal, Toronto, Minnesota x 2, Arizona, Anaheim, LA, Edmonton

Buffalo - 68 pts  (9 Remaining....   Projection 3-5-1    75 pts)

Home Games

vs Winnipeg, CBJ, Toronto

Away Games

at Carolina, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Rangers, NJ, Islanders

Winnipeg - 63 pts (10 remaining...   Projection 3-5-2   71 pts)

Home Games

vs Vancouver, LA, Ottawa, Minnesota, Chicago

Away Games

at Buffalo,Philly, Anaheim, SJ, LA

Arizona - 69 points (11 Remaining...  Projection 2-7-2    75 pts)

Home Games

vs Edmonton, Dallas, Philly, Washington, Calgary

Away Games

at SJ x 2, Dallas, St Louis, Chicago, Nashville

Totonto - 61 pts (11 Remaining...   Projection 2-8-1   66 pts)

Home Games

vs Calgary, Anaheim, Boston, Detroit, Florida, CBJ

Away Games

at Tampa, Florida, Buffalo, Philly, NJ

Vancouver - 66 pts (11 Remaining...   Projection  3-6    72 pts)

Home Games

vs Chicago, SJ, LA, Edmonton

Away Games

at Winnipeg, Nashville, St Louis, SJ, Anaheim, Edmonton, Calgary

Projected Tankathon

1 Toronto

2 Winnipeg

3 Vancouver

4 Edmonton

5 Colombus

6 Arizona

7 Buffalo

8 Calgary

How sad is it that this is what this franchise is down to. We have joined the ranks of the franchises that year after year look forward to the draft as the highlight of their season. Other teams that we were even with or better than a few years ago are preparing for the playoffs and this is what fans here are doing! What do our odds look like for the next 4 drafts??

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If Arizona is picking top 5 and we win the 1st overall

I still dangle Matthews to them for a massive ransom.  Draft our D man with their 1st round this year and enjoy Strome or Domi in to our lineup as well

NHL teams aren't dumb. The Yotes would tell you to shove it, pick their guy and laugh. 

They might offer up a 2nd Rd pick to move up a few spots

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Iduno Alf I think this is our only year. We have so much cap space we'll be overpaying in free agency for a couple years. We have 12 million this year and another 12 million the following year. They should be able to improve this team.

Do JB and TL sign UFAs to get us to the middle again, like their first year?  

3 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

How sad is it that this is what this franchise is down to. We have joined the ranks of the franchises that year after year look forward to the draft as the highlight of their season. Other teams that we were even with or better than a few years ago are preparing for the playoffs and this is what fans here are doing! What do our odds look like for the next 4 drafts??

Exciting isn't it!

Archived