The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TankNation Final Stretch Schedules and Predictions

70seven

Just now, numb3r 16 said:

Exciting isn't it!

There are the franchises that try and win the cup and there are the useless franchises. We used to be in the first group. Now we will draft a great young player and we will TaylorHall him into waste. And then do it over and over until we have new leadership.

Just now, coastal1 said:

There are the franchises that try and win the cup and there are the useless franchises. We used to be in the first group. Now we will draft a great young player and we will TaylorHall him into waste. And then do it over and over until we have new leadership.

you make me laugh :)

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do JB and TL sign UFAs to get us to the middle again, like their first year?  

it's signing guys to move up from the bottom to the middle & then to the top. No one goes from bottom to the top overnight...

In the past we were never building towards the future like we are now. We were giving away future for the present. 

The money JB is gonna spend is going to be towards building for the future not filling in spots with old vets.    

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am sure they will. Overpaint in dollars and term for Lucic and/or Eriksson is my bet.

Is that best for a team that needs a rebuild through drafting elite skill?  

I would be be happy with Lucic just to see the Twins have proper protection, even though I know it will cost us in the long run.  Ugg.  I love the Twins, but maybe it's better all around if they do (hard to write this) move on?  

Parody; "This just in........Benning trades Vancouver's 1rst overall pick to Boston for Eriksson and Chara"

says Benning (think of the tone of voice here) "they were real good players for us in Boston and they will help with brining our young guys along" "we think we can be a playoff team next year" "we also extended Miller's contract another 3 years @ 7 mil a season, he has been real good for us"

Sounds about right eh? 

4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I'd rather finish in 4th in the standings so that we have a chance to win the lottery instead of lose the lottery.  I still think we could finish as low as 2nd though.  Not guarantee for a top 3 pick.  Even last place is a 50% proposition.

I was trying to figure out where you were going with this...then it hit me. Your thinking is that given the dark cloud that's followed this franchise for most of it's 45 years, we'll finish bottom 3 this season then "lose" the lottery and drop down a few spots, instead of finishing 7th and "winning" the lottery to move into the top 3.

Not gonna lie...I've thought that too.

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

it's signing guys to move up from the bottom to the middle & then to the top. No one goes from bottom to the top overnight...

In the past we were never building towards the future like we are now. We were giving away future for the present. 

The money JB is gonna spend is going to be towards building for the future not filling in spots with old vets.    

If we get back to the middle too quickly during a rebuild, are we going to miss getting enough elite skill?  Do we really have any elite skill in our prospects yet?  We should get one this draft, but if we sign guys who get us back to the middle, where do we get more elite skill?

Just now, coastal1 said:

You know where a franchise is at when the fans cheer and hope for losses. How totally screwed up is that. Go Canucks go, lose every game!!!! What the hell, are we in Arizona now??

Arizona Canucks would be weird, I'm pretty sure we haven't relocated :lol:

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is that best for a team that needs a rebuild through drafting elite skill?  

I would be be happy with Lucic just to see the Twins have proper protection, even though I know it will cost us in the long run.  Ugg.  I love the Twins, but maybe it's better all around if they do (hard to write this) move on?  

The twins moving on! Here we go again. The zombie plan, you think it's dead but it keeps coming back. The twins are the heart of this team, without them we have nothing left. They will move on yes, in 3-4 years. Hopefully by then some players will have developped.

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Parody; "This just in........Benning trades Vancouver's 1rst overall pick to Boston for Eriksson and Chara"

says Benning (think of the tone of voice here) "they were real good players for us in Boston and they will help with brining our young guys along" "we think we can be a playoff team next year" "we also extended Miller's contract another 3 years @ 7 mil a season, he has been real good for us"

Sounds about right eh? 

You forget that UFA Eriksson then re-signs with Boston again on July 1. 

2 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Arizona Canucks would be weird, I'm pretty sure we haven't relocated :lol:

Well then we are doing a good job of copying them! What a mess this franchise has become. Again, when fans cheer for losses, you know things are totally screwed up.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If Arizona is picking top 5 and we win the 1st overall

I still dangle Matthews to them for a massive ransom.  Draft our D man with their 1st round this year and enjoy Strome or Domi in to our lineup as well

If I had a chance to draft Matthews, I would draft Matthews.

Do fans realize what a con job that is. The team stinks. Management has failed. But guess what, fans should now cheer for losses! Isn't that perfect! Now suddenly, management has succeeded. Like in Toronto where fans seem happy this year versus past years without any more team success. It's the ultimate con job: make fans believe that losing is actually good! Don't worry about the playoffs, focus on the draft lottery! We have become as stupid as the fans in Edmonton with the #1 draft pick banners!

3 hours ago, 89mogilny said:

as much as i love that trade...PHO wouldnt even think of trading OEL and then swapping first round picks and trading domi? this would set their franchise back.....local boy or not, only way phoenix would drawn fans is if they are a contender and that's not happening if they trade one of the best d men in the league 

The expansion draft is also a consideration because you can only protect so many players....if we had a chance to draft Matthews, I would take him in a heartbeat.

5 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

The twins moving on! Here we go again. The zombie plan, you think it's dead but it keeps coming back. The twins are the heart of this team, without them we have nothing left. They will move on yes, in 3-4 years. Hopefully by then some players will have developped.

I don't get the zombie metaphor.  We are all, at some level, zombies.  You do realize that.  

The Twins - IMHAO - deserve to finally have a true power forward, who will stand up for them.  Getting Lucic will provide that.  However, it will also lead us to the middle of the pack too quickly, so we don't draft high enough (like this year) to get elite skill.  Yet, watching the Twins continue to have to put up with the crap they do is frustrating to watch.  If they move on to a team that provides them the protection they deserve, it's better for the Canuck's future than us signing Lucic.  Then we can see the Twins succeed (albeit on another team) while we pick at the top of the draft and properly rebuild.

12 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Do fans realize what a con job that is. The team stinks. Management has failed. But guess what, fans should now cheer for losses! Isn't that perfect! Now suddenly, management has succeeded. Like in Toronto where fans seem happy this year versus past years without any more team success. It's the ultimate con job: make fans believe that losing is actually good! Don't worry about the playoffs, focus on the draft lottery! We have become as stupid as the fans in Edmonton with the #1 draft pick banners!

You do realise that Vancouver has less than 0.06% chance of making the playoffs and the odds of them getting past LA with 7 rookies in the lineup are astronomical?

12 minutes ago, bluesman60 said:

If I had a chance to draft Matthews, I would draft Matthews.

Exactly. You would do it for the fans if for no other reason. 

If Matthews proves to be another "generational talent that has the potential to develop into a top flight franchise centre."

how would our fans feel if we had to watch him cutting us to ribbons. 

"He makes his own luck, so to speak, maximizing the use of his body and stick to gain leverage against the toughest of opponents"

That sounds like every Canucks fan's fantasy to have such a player spearheading our young team for the next 10 years. Who knows the combined damage he could do with Boeser.

Archived