The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we take Sean Day with our 2nd pick?

Sean Day  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi hasn't proven to be a full time top 6 yet. He has definitely improved by leaps and bounds but we shouldn't be going into next season with him penciled in that spot. 

Sedins and Hansen works in stretches, but it's not a permanent solution. Giving them a skilled winger like Okposo or Eriksson should be a top priority. No more band aid solutions. We know they have chemistry with Eriksson already, and Okposo plays a style of game that may compliment them.

As for the D there's guys like Goligoski or Yandle who can fill the need for a top 4 until we fill that hole through drafting. Or there's the trade route where we can go after a guy like Hamonic.

Bottom line is this team needs more than a couple tweaks, they're not close. Benning needs to be very aggressive this summer. He has to acquire the pieces to fill out the roster so that the young players have skilled vets to play with and aren't relied on to carry too much of the workload too soon.

If Lucic makes it to free agency I much rather pay an extra million per year at say 6 million then get Eriksson at 5. We need to get more intimidating. Loving having the 6'8 freak back their now, what a steal by JB!

23 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Anyone remember when Yann Sauve was supposed to be a first rounder in his draft year and he plummeted to us in the second round? I'd pass on Day. When players fall dramatically its usually for good reason. None of us are scouts though, so maybe Benning will see something in him, who knows.

Didnt Yann Sauve get hit by a car or something? How is that bad drafting

On March 21, 2016 at 7:56 PM, DeNiro said:

And many on here wanted us to take Kylington.

Not sure what that says about CDCs scouting ability.

It can be 50/50 with CDCs scouting ability and views on things, I felt good when last year I had Florida going off the board and

picking Boeser at 11th in my personal mock draft. I said to myself he would be a steal and he is looking like a steal for sure, and that guy who had a proposal of a one for one trade of Bonino for Brandon Sutter was just genius. Do you know that guys name by chance? You pointed it out well that so many people wanted Kylington, that doesn't show Day being the same situation.

I see Day as a D man who will pan out, but he could possibly not hit his elite status and turn into a Keith Ballard type.

21 minutes ago, BaerToBo said:

Hurt his hip after colliding with a car when crossing the street in Vancouver, that held him back a year of development, he played well in the games he was called up. Search up that tic tac toe goal by Henrik, Daniel, and Burrows against Dallas a few years ago, Sauve battles on the boards by his blueline, gets knocked down, and pokes the puck ahead from his stomach enough that it started that breakout.

47 minutes ago, BaerToBo said:

He did, but that doesn't have anything to do with him falling in the draft. Same with Angelo Esposito, Jesse Joensuu, and others whose stock fell prior to their draft. That's where the comparison to Sean Day comes in, he's his own player so he could be completely different but historically players who fall do so for good reason.

Archived