The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks close to signing SEL MVP Anton Rodin

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I would not resign hamhuis,Rodin would have to play in the AHL for a year or two.Burr wont be back!Other then that we will have a better by far lineup next year!

Rodin is not signing to come play in the AHL.

12 minutes ago, greetingsfrombrazil said:

Is he healthy? Thought he was out for the rest of the season with an injury. Would be great to have him for next few games, but it's fine if he only comes for training camp.

I think you are correct, I thought it was a fairly significant injury.

37 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Next years projected roster outlook: 

Dank-Hank-Hansen

Burrows-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Extras/on the bubble: McCann, Gaunce, Vey, Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Tryamkin

FA/Hamhuis-Sbisa

Extras/on the bubble: Larsen, Pedan, Biega

Miller-Markstrom

...so far so good. And that top 4 pick won't hurt either ;) 

"good"

I'm confused with the timing. Yes, his season in Sweden is almost done, but he's injured and surely wouldn't play if brought over. Also if signing now, mid season, wouldn't he be burning a year off which ever deal he signs? I think anytime after July 1st would be ideal, start his contract for next season, as is the plan for Larsen. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm confused with the timing. Yes, his season in Sweden is almost done, but he's injured and surely wouldn't play if brought over. Also if signing now, mid season, wouldn't he be burning a year off which ever deal he signs? I think anytime after July 1st would be ideal, start his contract for next season, as is the plan for Larsen. 

He only burns a year if he plays a game. From what I remember he was suppose to comeback sometime around the end of March but that was with the regular timeline provide in Jan

17 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

I'm surprised Benning can look past him being a Gillis pick.

I'd be surprised anyone would think that matters - when it's clearly had absolutely no significance in the real world / on Benning's decisions - but this is CDC, so no surprises here.

Archived