The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks close to signing SEL MVP Anton Rodin

:picard:

Multiple posts penciling him in to the top 6....nobody recalls how he did on NA last time do they?  The list of guys who have come over from Europe and done nothing are endless.

This is a nothing story at this moment.  Until such time as he survives the rigors of the NHL game and schedule without injury I'd stop hoping beyond hope for a saviour

Because he's as much a Brunnstrom as he is a Panarin at this point in time until he proves otherwise.

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

:picard:

Multiple posts penciling him in to the top 6....nobody recalls how he did on NA last time do they?  The list of guys who have come over from Europe and done nothing are endless.

This is a nothing story at this moment.  Until such time as he survives the rigors of the NHL game and schedule without injury I'd stop hoping beyond hope for a saviour

Because he's as much a Brunnstrom as he is a Panarin at this point in time until he proves otherwise.

Well he's certainly not a bottom 6 guy, so where else do you suggest they put him? You're only setting him up for failure if you put him in the bottom 6 and play him with the Dorsetts of the world. Square peg, round hole.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

It's not the SEL, it's the SHL. Can a mod change the title? 

You're really griping about that? Clearly you understood the intended message, so why's it a big deal? I've seen users on hfboads refer to it as the SEL anyway, and the same goes for Finland and the FEL/Liiga.

21 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

The local hacks told us we were close two weeks before the trade deadline?

What the heck could be taking them so long?

Think they said that their was intentions / considerations to resign Rodin... Canucks were unable to sign Rodin while he's under contract // playing games with the SEL. Their season is over now thus the speculation of talks.

I think he's still injured though? would be nice to see him get 1 or 2 games here before the season is over.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

In comes Warhippy for his usual take...

eeyore-1.gif

Oops sorry, reality doesn't work here

Cannot wait for this guy to come in A + #1 grade A supa star 110 point season top 6 2nd line winger!

Rodino....remember, you are ah...my ahh number one ah GUY!!!!

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oops sorry, reality doesn't work here

Cannot wait for this guy to come in A + #1 grade A supa star 110 point season top 6 2nd line winger!

Rodino....remember, you are ah...my ahh number one ah GUY!!!!

What was awesome about that is he was imitating Jack Palance. 

Loved him in Shane. 

11 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

You're really griping about that? Clearly you understood the intended message, so why's it a big deal? I've seen users on hfboads refer to it as the SEL anyway, and the same goes for Finland and the FEL/Liiga.

"Gripping"is an overstatement. I was simply pointing out a correction in the interest of accuracy. It helps to avoid confusion. 

It's been 3 years since the change and the league has also undergone a number of changes since then. 

Archived