The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks close to signing SEL MVP Anton Rodin

46 minutes ago, Toews said:

"Gripping"is an overstatement. I was simply pointing out a correction in the interest of accuracy. It helps to avoid confusion. 

It's been 3 years since the change and the league has also undergone a number of changes since then. 

Autocorrect on gripping? I just don't see the need for the pseudo-modding. There didn't seem to be any confusion whatsoever regarding the title.

27 minutes ago, smokes said:

I don't really understand what the Canucks are doing anymore. Signing Rodin is good and all but Holy Logjam of Forwards Batman. 

There's gotta be a few trades happening in the summer.

Having a boatload of assets is such a bad thing?  Two years ago we would have been ecstatic.

18 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Next years projected roster outlook: 

Dank-Hank-Hansen

Burrows-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Extras/on the bubble: McCann, Gaunce, Vey, Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Tryamkin

FA/Hamhuis-Sbisa

Extras/on the bubble: Larsen, Pedan, Biega

Miller-Markstrom

...so far so good. And that top 4 pick won't hurt either ;) 

Pop Okposo or Looch in for Burrows, hell even Ericsson (spelling right?) and the forward crew looks pretty great? Nice blend of goal scoring pop, speed, some size & still some puck control with the Twins. With that line up would love to see Lucic!

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

NEWS 1130 SportsVerified account ‏@NEWS1130Sports  21m21 minutes ago

Been told the #Canucks should announce a 1 year contract for Anton Rodin sometime this week.

not surprised its a 1 year prove you belong contract. Also gives him ability to go back home if it doesnt pan out. With this 1 year deal would be he a UFA next summer?

16 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Beauty of a shot

Yes, some slick snipes in this vid!  :towel: 

19 hours ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Couple of rebounds, tips, and more than a few nice shakes as well! Rodin has moves which have guys guessing where he's gonna go?

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Good bye Burrows, Higgins, Vey and Kenins. 

McCann and Gaunce to the AHL. 

This is likely, hopefully we dont have to buy out burr or higgins and can find them a new home, with cap retention. Unless McCann can gain muscle and play wing he is likely headed to Utica, it is not wise to eat up contract years using him as a 4th line option imo.

3 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Autocorrect on gripping? I just don't see the need for the pseudo-modding. There didn't seem to be any confusion whatsoever regarding the title.

Nope I use the swipe feature on Google's keyboard for my phone. Griping and gripping have the exact same swipe action. 

I had no intention to. The reason why it's best to use proper names is because Sweden has three tiers of hockey. It's not hard to associate a defunct name with Allvenskan instead of SHL if you are unfamiliar with hockey in Sweden. Besides to me it's a matter of respect as well. This is a league that has contributed so much to hockey in NA and they have done it without compensation. Three of the greatest talents in Canucks history have been developed by that league. Surely we can all choose to use the name that they want the league to be referred to as.

18 hours ago, Zaine said:

Rodin must be signed since benning, in all his wisdom, gave away Schink for nothing.

at this point granlund is the way better player so we got something that helps us now and next year more then HS is at in his career!Still do not know if he will ever make the NHL !

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Nope I use the swipe feature on Google's keyboard for my phone. Griping and gripping have the exact same swipe action. 

I had no intention to. The reason why it's best to use proper names is because Sweden has three tiers of hockey. It's not hard to associate a defunct name with Allvenskan instead of SHL if you are unfamiliar with hockey in Sweden. Besides to me it's a matter of respect as well. This is a league that has contributed so much to hockey in NA and they have done it without compensation. Three of the greatest talents in Canucks history have been developed by that league. Surely we can all choose to use the name that they want the league to be referred to as.

I have no issue with that, I just prefer to let the mods do their thing when they get to it. For the time being it hasn't obscured the message at all, nobody seems to be confused regaeding what OP was talking about.  If it's truly an issue the mods will get to it in time. I only brought this up with you because I find you to be one of the more quality posters on CDC but I hate seeing mini-modding. I don't think Elvis even does much of it anymore.

4 hours ago, smokes said:

I don't really understand what the Canucks are doing anymore. Signing Rodin is good and all but Holy Logjam of Forwards Batman. 

There's gotta be a few trades happening in the summer.

Edler + forward prospect for a young, top4 RH'd D? 

Yes please!::D

22 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I would not resign hamhuis,Rodin would have to play in the AHL for a year or two.Burr wont be back!Other then that we will have a better by far lineup next year!

Rodin is not coming over here to play in the AHL for a year or two.

Archived