The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rollie Melanson not returning

PRIMO88

24 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

if we had luongo in that era we would of had a cup

Instead of worrying about what others should've done, you should be worrying about yourself. "Would of" is invalid. Surely, if you had a teacher during that era, you wouldn't make a mistake like that.

59 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Instead of worrying about what others should've done, you should be worrying about yourself. "Would of" is invalid. Surely, if you had a teacher during that era, you wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Dork alert....

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Basically every NHL coach was a mediocre at best NHL player, but all of a sudden the only way you can be a good goalie coach is if you were an elite NHL goalie.

Patrick Roy was mediocre at best?

21 hours ago, homersexual said:

Does this mean Linden can finally give his buddy Kirk McLean a coaching job? Maybe Jyrki Lumme can be a defensemen coach down the road.

I did hear both Alex Auld and Bill Ranford as potential replacements.

I really hope they get away from the old boys club way of doing things.

We all saw how well that worked in Edmonton.

On 3/22/2016 at 6:50 PM, Dazzle said:

What does that have anything to do with being a goalie coach?

This statement is completely idiotic.

What is idiotic, is surrounding young talent with coaches and leaders, who have never been able to win when it matters.

Cloutier was a horror show in Van, and having him around our young goalies is not what I would perceive as good time investment.

People have been waiting for Cloutier to succeed at anything his whole lifetime, and the only credit he could be given is working with Markstrom for a year, and getting some success out of him.

I have yet to hear one word from Markstrom suggesting that Cloutier was the reason he has done so well this year.

Archived