The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You wanted all the vets traded? This is what that looks like

*Buzzsaw*

All those who have been screaming all year for every vet on the team to be traded and for WD to play nothing but rookies... guess what?

You got your wish... through injuries... this is what that 'All Rookie' team would look and play like.

The team we are seeing now is the best argument for keeping a mix of vets and rookies and making the rebuild more gradual.

The good news... The GM didn't take your advice... we will have Sutter, Hansen, Edler, Tanev, etc. back next year... plus some decent draft picks.

You CAN'T speak in absolutes.

Nobody knows precisely(nor will know) how alternative-methods would have played out.

There are so many assumptions associated with denouncing countering-arguments, in any sporting-realm.

Finally, people lambasting skeptics(who claim other paths may have been better) tend to lump ALL OPPONENTS into one, tidy little group.

All opinions should be welcome. We'll likely NEVER know whose was correct.

This is exactly what this team needed.

We weren't going to make the playoffs, and if we did we would be knocked out pretty quick. Do we really wanna pick 15th because we're too "proud" to be bad? F that, I want a top pick after a painful season like this.

This is a huge issue for me, in that we needed some of the vets to be changed. Higgins and Prust needed to go, I've been a big supporter of Burrows but I now think he's either done of needs to move on and I don't want Hammer back. The issue is, we do need to replace some of these guys with other veterans. We have the Twins, Sutter, Hansen, Edler, Tanev, but beyond this we can't just go with all kids. We need to sign 1 or 2 forwards and 1 D-man or make a trade for a D-man otherwise next year could be as bad as this year. I do not want to see kids playing who aren't ready.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is exactly what this team needed.

We weren't going to make the playoffs, and if we did we would be knocked out pretty quick. Do we really wanna pick 15th because we're too "proud" to be bad? F that, I want a top pick after a painful season like this.

fine for writing off an injury filled season, but in no way do I want to see the young guys thrown to the wolves pole to pole

1 minute ago, stawns said:

fine for writing off an injury filled season, but in no way do I want to see the young guys thrown to the wolves pole to pole

We literally don't have a choice right now.

The injury list is so long we have no one else to play. Even Utica is banged up right now.

Archived