The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] 3 places the twins could go in my opinion

Outside of cap space how does any of those returns actually help us in the future?  None of the piece outside of Hamonic are real core players, and the draft picks will all be in the 26+ range.  It really doesn’t bring us any good value future pieces and if we are not hitting the home run, in return value, then why would we move them.  They are better off mentoring the youth we already have in the system.

31 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Or maybe tkachuk is the same as his dad

I actually want Tkaczuk, but posters on the prospects board say his dad was a bad apple, so he must be the same.  I don't remember that. When I saw Matt in the WJC.... I thought he was our guy.

When McCann, Boeser make the line up....skill will be added.  Just gotta lose those twins and the possibilities start to unfold. We are not in a bad spot.

11 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I actually want Tkaczuk, but I posters on the prospects board say his dad was a bad apple and he must be the same.  I don't remember that. When I saw Matt in the WJC.... I thought he was our guy.

When McCann, Boeser make the line up....skill will be added.  Just gotta lose those twins and the possibilities start to unfold. We are not in a bad spot.

I like your posts Clam.  I like you in my soup too. <_<. If we look at other teams' top young players, we don't look so good.  Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Colorado, and others have better young players than we do.  Their young guys SCORE, while ours don't.  We still need two elite skilled forwards.  

Well...you should try me on some linguine:P.

I am not surprised you like my posts. As I read through these threads, you are always taking the words out of my mouth....lol.  If not for your mad love for Malholtra, I'd think you were darn near perfect::D

I am pretty confident that we will keep tanking and get one of those elite guys you are talking about.  I think Tkaczuk is one, so we only need a top 4 as long as Benning is down with that. It would sure be nice to get two somehow though.

But keep the Faith! I have not written off any of our young guys yet.

6 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Well...you should try me on some linguine:P.

I am not surprised you like my posts. As I read through these threads, you are always taking the words out of my mouth....lol.  If not for your mad love for Malholtra, I'd think you were darn near perfect::D

I am pretty confident that we will keep tanking and get one of those elite guys you are talking about.  I think Tkaczuk is one, so we only need a top 4 as long as Benning is down with that. It would sure be nice to get two somehow though.

But keep the Faith! I have not written off any of our young guys yet.

I like our young guys too, especially: Bo, Jake, McCann, Boeser, and Hutton.  Oh and MATTHEWS!  :towel:

On March 24, 2016 at 5:48 PM, cripplereh said:

Sedin's plus rights to hamhuis to Detroit

for

Tatar,Marchenko,Tyler Bertuzzi,1st and 4nd

Sedin's plus rights to Hamhuis to NYR

for

Kreider,McIlrath,Adam Tambrllini plus a 1st and 3rd

Sedin's plus Sbisa and rights to Vrbata to NYI

for

Linus Soderstrom,Parker Wortherspoon,Hamonic,Bailey plus a 1st

All 3 trades could help a team be better fast and makes a season that every team will be watching.Doing this would help us a little now and give us cap room for someone like Staal or whomever,but also will help us in the future 2 to 3 years!Much faster retool and build!

A little low don't u think??

firstly I would nvr trade the sedins

but if they wanted to leave, they need a first round pick each, followed by an A prospect. 

If a team can offer that we'd be solid. 

After both danny and hank crying to the media lately, they can go anywhere as far as I am concerned.  Quit whining and play twins.  No wonder the league all take liberties with you....you are both whining in public lately.

First danny saying young players don't work hard..then hank calling out his team mate Virt for a blindside hit? Beat it you has beens.

Hopefully dimjim's last trade as a gm for this team is to trade the twins for 3 3rd round picks.

In another thread I mentioned that our window to trade the Sedins was basically the summer of 2012. That window is closed. They kind of remind me of just about every project car I've owned. I would invest about 40 grand into the car, only to sell it for 20 grand. Point is, the car was worth WAY more to me than to anyone else, and I think that's what the Sedins are...I don't think we would get an equal return (2 top line forwards or prospects...heck I don't think we'd even get 1 right now). They are better off, and the Canucks are better off, just keeping them to mentor our young guys...they don't wear the C and the A for nothing...they have leadership value, plus those 35goals / 100pts won't hurt next year either (just my prediction).

On 23 March 2016 at 1:59 AM, AriGold said:

I think Nashville is the best place for them to be honest.

We keep 50% of their salary. We can do well with them.

Try to get Kevin Fiala, Ryan Ellis, NSH 1st 2017.

I don't think we will get the return you're expecting for them. We're limited based on salary cap and that will bring their value down IMO.

This makes absolutely no sense - why would they trade away their future for players who don't fit their style.

Nashville is built on speed. Poile made the comment he wants young legs on his team.

The reason Franson was not a fit was his lack of footspeed.  They pressure as a 5-men unit with their Ds going very deep in the O-zone.  Josi plays like a forward and often it's an F that has to cover for him / back-check fast.

Also Nashville's 2nd line of Forsberg (LW) and Ribeiro have 107pts over the season vs the 110pts of the Sedins.  Their 1st line is RyJo-Neal.  Their lines are totally redefined now that they got a true C1 in RyJo.

Also they are going to have cap troubles soon - they need to sign Forsberg this year and RyJo next season.  Ellis is 2.5M for a top-4 D for another 3 years and Fiala is on an ELC.    

Core players I think are going to take time and we have one or 2 for the future now, with these trades we get one or so more plus more young talent to help fill gaps and maybe step up  which on a hole makes us better.So many good players have been traded for pieces that most stay and make the team as a hole better then having the one guy as it is a team game.Example Seguin gets traded and they win the cup and so on!

13 hours ago, ABNuck said:

In another thread I mentioned that our window to trade the Sedins was basically the summer of 2012. That window is closed. They kind of remind me of just about every project car I've owned. I would invest about 40 grand into the car, only to sell it for 20 grand. Point is, the car was worth WAY more to me than to anyone else, and I think that's what the Sedins are...I don't think we would get an equal return (2 top line forwards or prospects...heck I don't think we'd even get 1 right now). They are better off, and the Canucks are better off, just keeping them to mentor our young guys...they don't wear the C and the A for nothing...they have leadership value, plus those 35goals / 100pts won't hurt next year either (just my prediction).

I hope you mean 50 points each because there is no way either of them will ever score 100 again.  I don't think anyone their age has ever come close...except Gordie Howe.

9 hours ago, clam linguine said:

I hope you mean 50 points each because there is no way either of them will ever score 100 again.  I don't think anyone their age has ever come close...except Gordie Howe.

Yeah, for sure...I meant combined since we're talking about dealing them both away. If they can't return us even ONE top line player, then we have to look up and down our existing line-up for 2 players that WILL replace the 35 goals / 100 points the Sedins will deliver next season...not 100% sure that is there right now. Possibly Bo as one but who would be the other?

• Templeton Peck changed the title to [Proposal] 3 places the twins could go in my opinion

Archived