The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The reason we suck right now, if you don't know.

Inge34

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Still better than a guy who'll never be a legit NHLer.  The guy projects to Andrew Ebbed 2.0.

The dude you're referring to is ALREADY in the NHL. So I guess he's a legit NHL'er.  The guy we traded him for, you know that solid goal scoring prospect, could be a career AHL'er...

If we keep getting rid of our vets this team is going to go down in the gutter. What I have noticed in this slide is that the vets Horvat the only forwards and who play like they care. Most of the vets are dinged up in one form or another so the ball has been passed to the youngsters court. They simply are not up to the task and It's not really Jakes nor Jared's fault. They are 19 year old guys, it speaks to the argument that they are being rushed.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

If we keep getting rid of our vets this team is going to go down in the gutter. What I have noticed in this slide is that the vets Horvat the only forwards and who play like they care. Most of the vets are dinged up in one form or another so the ball has been passed to the youngsters court. They simply are not up to the task and It's not really Jakes nor Jared's fault. They are 19 year old guys, it speaks to the argument that they are being rushed.

Are you talking about the 3 vets that got waived, unclaimed, to Utica?

5 hours ago, Devon Jade said:

Nice and fair assessment of facts.

Except I never knew hockey players could be in collage.

pocket-schedule-collage.JPG

By the way, it's spelt college. Just so you know.

by the way spelt is a strain of wheat  (spelled) 

7 minutes ago, chon derry said:

by the way spelt is a strain of wheat  (spelled) 

You're completely right about the strain of wheat there chon. And nothing is more funny than when someone who corrects a spelling mistake then proceeds ti exhibit one of their own.

Truth is though, spelt is an acceptable past tense version of spelled. I never use it, but they are interchangeable. In my mind it's like saying "someone arrove" as past tense for arrived. Stupid scholars disagree.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

You're completely right about the strain of wheat there chon. And nothing is more funny than when someone who corrects a spelling mistake then proceeds ti exhibit one of their own.

Truth is though, spelt is an acceptable past tense version of spelled. I never use it, but they are interchangeable. In my mind it's like saying "someone arrove" as past tense for arrived. Stupid scholars disagree.

ya i know it is acceptable. i've only been on cdc 2 1/2 months and i'm already turning into a grammar narc.

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

ya i know it is acceptable. i've only been on cdc 2 1/2 months and i'm already turning into a grammar narc.

Nothing annoys me more than piss poor grammar. Crap punctuation, inability to properly capitalize words, and walls of text are also things that I see here regularly. So many members come to mind.

Then I say to myself: did I have a bottle of Ardbeg during the Canucks game and forget proper sentence structure for 3 minutes/hours?

Narc away man. I'll have your back, but I'm not perfect either.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Nothing annoys me more than piss poor grammar. Crap punctuation, inability to properly capitalize words, and walls of text are also things that I see here regularly. So many members come to mind.

Then I say to myself: did I have a bottle of Ardbeg during the Canucks game and forget proper sentence structure for 3 minutes/hours?

Narc away man. I'll have your back, but I'm not perfect either.

it's been a long time since typing 11 , 1976 but i check my stuff unless it's gdt, all out of +s sorry dude.

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

it's been a long time since typing 11 , 1976 but i check my stuff unless it's gdt, all out of +s sorry dude.

No worries. You know what my biggest pet peeve is? People who can't edit their own multi paragraph blather down to a single sentence that conveys the exact same message.

@Inge34

Sorry for highjacking your thread for an English debate. I actually agree with your points, and I hope that Benning will continue to draft well, and that Utica will continue to be a place where our picks will develop well. I'm a fan of where our farm team is at with Green at the helm, and am really looking forward to what JB pulls together at the draft.

6 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Hansen was picked 9th round, 287th overall - not 7th round as mentioned in the OP. That draft year also had a bunch of compensatory picks from the league, hence although he's a "9th" rounder, by rights he would technically be a 10th rounder (270th overall being the end of the 9th round, if each team only had one pick assigned per round).

@Green Building

No worries. I have friends from down under that spell that way and apparently it's acceptable??? Spelt, learnt and so on. I'm not that grammatically savvy so it doesn't bug me when the only thing that folks can critisize is my spelling. I guess I should have went to  collage. ::D 

Archived