Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numb3r 16

[PGT] SHUTOUT=MATTHEWS #TANKON

Webkowski  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Historically a 10 year rebuild isn't completely out of place. It's just that it's happening in a Canadian market. How long did FLA take? Col? Columbus? Winnipeg? NYI?  

This is why ownership hired Benning and partly the reason Gillis was fired right? If Benning is a that good of a scouter as people say he is the team might have a very high chance of drafting good players.

Add that with a potential superstar pick this year (whether it's Matthews or one of the Finnish wingers) then it's a pretty good building block for the future.

As for the poll, I chose Bartkowski because of his mom. :D Actually if you add his mom in the poll I'd bet you she'd beat out both Bartkowski and Weber combined.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team needs some established size, toughness, and killer instinct if it hopes to manage in the West. 

There needs to be an example set from the top down regarding "battle level". It isn't there right now. 

Isn't that why we have Etem? Nobody is better than flying down the wall and putting on the brakes at the circle and turning over the puck. It's like a broken record.

6 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Size and toughness are required to win in the West? Where is Chicago's size and toughness? They play no body checking hockey. Is their toughness coming from Toews, Kane, or Keith? Or is it 5'10" Shaw? Did big tough Anaheim crush the soft Hawks last year?

Two way forward, skilled player, two way defender, and a darn good list of players to go along with those. We could use that

18 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Lol stopped reading at Edmonton is only 1 year behind schedule!  One of the craziest things I've heard in CDC in a while.. 1 year behind the 10 year rebuild plan? Is that what you mean?  

Hahaha...you stopped reading.  Here's something for you to think about.   If you go back and check top draft picks over the years and all star selections you will notice they don't become all stars until they have been in the league four or five years.  Think about that and if you like,  I will give you something else to think about afterwards...lol.

37 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Size and toughness are required to win in the West? Where is Chicago's size and toughness? They play no body checking hockey. Is their toughness coming from Toews, Kane, or Keith? Or is it 5'10" Shaw? Did big tough Anaheim crush the soft Hawks last year?

Brent Seabrook. Bickell was instrumental in shutting down Chara in the 2012 series too. 

And Andrew Ladd is 6'3" 215-220 lbs. Tough as nails. 

Your point?

57 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

This is why ownership hired Benning and partly the reason Gillis was fired right? If Benning is a that good of a scouter as people say he is the team might have a very high chance of drafting good players.

Add that with a potential superstar pick this year (whether it's Matthews or one of the Finnish wingers) then it's a pretty good building block for the future.

As for the poll, I chose Bartkowski because of his mom. :D Actually if you add his mom in the poll I'd bet you she'd beat out both Bartkowski and Weber combined.

I agree, except that Benning is very much unproven with drafting , as for the most part, he was dealing with Gillis' guys. Sure Gillis was $&!# for most of his tenure, but he finally seemed to figure it out and put the right people in place before the 2013 draft. Benning heeded their advice the last two years, and only after this draft, fired Eric Crawford ( after two stellar drafts), so we will truly see this after this upcomming draft, Bennings worth in the amateur department.

I would call Benning's pro scouting abysmal but that would not do it justice. It has been a complete and utter failure aside from Baertschi. The absolute terrifying reality that most on here seem to dismiss is that this management legitimately believed that our team, while mostly healthy, would be a 100+ pt playoff team. This assessment did not include the emergence of Ben Hutton. If Ben Hutton wasn't such a revelation, our already pathetic D core would be even more of a joke. While confronted on the disgusting Dorsett and Sbisa deals, Benning brought up that a few of his peers phoned him to tell him how much they supposedly liked those deals. This is so laughable it's almost hard to believe. I'm all for being positive, but this managerial group has given us literally nothing to allow us to do so.

The Canucks are in for a long and painful rebuild, and an utter failure of asset management and subsequent refusal to recognize this failure has doomed us for a long while. You are only as good as the people that you surround yourself with and John Weisbrod is a joke among the hockey world. The constant excuses for this man are nothing short of laughable , however as this concerns a team I love, it is incredibly disheartening. This team needs some major luck in the draft moving forward...

If all it took to be a great GM was to be a great scout than we would see a lot more head scouts being successful. The sad fact of the matter is that our GM is far more passionate and adept at amateur scouting, than he is at basic managerial skills. This fact is extremely disturbing to me, and should be the same to anyone willing to think critically and examine the moves that he has made , his words and the direction that the team is going. Matthews could not even save us at this rate, although he would sell hope for ownership.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And how to propose we get the two Finns with just one draft pick possibly in the top 5?

Trade Horvat and whoever to Toronto, Calgary, or Edmonton....pre draft.   We get 2 top 5 picks.  This is the year.

Matthews and Tkaczuk  or the Twinn  Finns , hopefully.

So who do you guys think Matthews will play with next season? 

Dorsett - Vey - Matthews

dare to dream, Willie. Dare to dream.

4 hours ago, coastal1 said:

The 30 somethings did not lose the way this bunch loses. This is totally embarassing. Shut out 3 times out of 4 games. If you don't find this totally embarassing then I guess you have bought into the PR crap that this team is selling you. Oh yes, Tryamkin is marvellous, what a find, so close to a top defenceman it's amazing. And Horvat, and McCann, and Virtanen, oh my god, this is so marvellous.

it's Horvat, Hutton and Baerstchi actually..

I just love that early in the season so many people were like "omg all you tankers not even real fans arghh!!"

and now everyone's on board with it.

Gotta finish as low as we can to limit the chances of us falling.

3 minutes ago, The Belfast Cowboy said:

Uh no he didn't. You could have looked this up in less time than it took you to make your post.

Point taken. Not all rumours are worth looking into. I guess this one was 

2 hours ago, b3. said:

Isn't that why we have Etem? Nobody is better than flying down the wall and putting on the brakes at the circle and turning over the puck. It's like a broken record.

Didnt Benning say the other day that Etem is pretty much guaranteed a spot next season?

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Didnt Benning say the other day that Etem is pretty much guaranteed a spot next season?

Benning says a lot of things. Only the naive and outright stupid pay any credence to the constant contradiction and downright nonsense that he spews.

Just now, Robongo said:

Benning says a lot of things. Only the naive and outright stupid pay any credence to the constant contradiction and downright idiocy that he spews.

I didn't say I thought he believed it although he does seem to like showing his hand in pretty much everything he does. God only knows why. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn't say I thought he believed it although he does seem to like showing his hand in pretty much everything he does. God only knows why. 

because of all the pat on the backs that he has received from his peers from the Dorsett and Sbisa deals as he claimed

1 minute ago, Robongo said:

because of all the pat on the backs that he has received from his peers from the Dorsett and Sbisa deals as he claimed

I have to say that response was top 5 dumbest responses to any question by any gm ever. I cringed and was actually embarrassed for him.

I wish he would call up those GM's right now and trade them Dorsett at least. I HATE that our management considers him to be one of a foundational player or on a good contract. The fact they think both makes me want to throw up.

2 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Trade Horvat and whoever to Toronto, Calgary, or Edmonton....pre draft.   We get 2 top 5 picks.  This is the year.

Matthews and Tkaczuk  or the Twinn  Finns , hopefully.