The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] SHUTOUT=MATTHEWS #TANKON

numb3r 16

Webkowski  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

The Sedins have been around so when we see this:

Daniel Sedin: "From some guys right now, the effort is not there. I think those guys know who they are. I think it’s embarrassing."

You know the lineup full of kids stinks as so many of them don't even understand what it takes to be an NHL player. But like I said, we now have fans cheering for losses so I guess the team is now successful! How pathetic! What do you think Pat Quinn would say if he was alive? Fans hoping for losses! Pathetic. Disgusting.  A total bad joke. This is what hockey has become in Vancouver, fans hoping for losses.

Yeah

lets blame the fans.

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Still beats watching a bunch of 30-somethings lose. 

The 30 somethings did not lose the way this bunch loses. This is totally embarassing. Shut out 3 times out of 4 games. If you don't find this totally embarassing then I guess you have bought into the PR crap that this team is selling you. Oh yes, Tryamkin is marvellous, what a find, so close to a top defenceman it's amazing. And Horvat, and McCann, and Virtanen, oh my god, this is so marvellous.

15 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I know we've had injuries but I have no clue how they could even consider bringing Willie back next season.

its been said before but thinking long term from a gm's perspective you wouldn't want the rest of any prospective coach's seeing how easy it is to be a coach losing his job here.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought we battled hard early on but they came at us in the 3rd and the game got out of hand." - Henrik

Where have I heard this before...

He must have said that exact same sentence about a hundred times.

5 minutes ago, van_ws said:

*Yawn* Wake me up with its draft day.

I cannot wait until this miserable season is over.

Just about covers it.  How do you think the players feel?  It was easy to blame Torts for that disaster of a year.   But this year?  Look in the mirror boys.  The Canucks haven't had such a year since the 90's.  It's pretty tough to be motivated.   I'll get over it.  So will the Canucks.

Just now, riffraff said:

Yeah

lets blame the fans.

I am not blaming the fans at all, I feel sorry for the fans. The fans have been duped into believing that losses= success and they are buying it big time. Can you picture how much Linden and JB are laughing their assess off in their office: the more the team stinks, the happier the fans are. Who would have thought that the fans were that stupid.

3 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

I am not blaming the fans at all, I feel sorry for the fans. The fans have been duped into believing that losses= success and they are buying it big time. Can you picture how much Linden and JB are laughing their assess off in their office: the more the team stinks, the happier the fans are. Who would have thought that the fans were that stupid.

What a completely idiotic statement. 

If you really think fans are happy the team stinks, you're clueless....

Fans are at the point that the only thing that is getting them through this season is the thought of a good draft pick. If management were actually laughing, they won't be next season when ticket sales plummet even further.

1 minute ago, coastal1 said:

The 30 somethings did not lose the way this bunch loses. This is totally embarassing. Shut out 3 times out of 4 games. If you don't find this totally embarassing then I guess you have bought into the PR crap that this team is selling you. Oh yes, Tryamkin is marvellous, what a find, so close to a top defenceman it's amazing. And Horvat, and McCann, and Virtanen, oh my god, this is so marvellous.

My friend, you need to calm down.

Understand something; because of The Gillis Gap, anybody with a brain knew this day was coming. You should have been prepared for this... and there's plenty more to come. But at some point we'll be a good team again. And the kids you are chastising will be the ones pulling the cart. I'm just sorry it won't be on a timetable you deem acceptable. But that's your problem. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What a completely idiotic statement. 

If you really think fans are happy the team stinks, you're clueless....

Fans are at the point that the only thing that is getting them through this season is the thought of a good draft pick. If management were actually laughing, they won't be next season when ticket sales plummet even further.

Will ticket sales plummet as much here as they have in Edmomton and Toronto where fans are buying up the same crap?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Where have I heard this before...

He must have said that exact same sentence about a hundred times.

i got roasted when i mentioned it before , its time for the current captain to nominate bo. as the new capt. traditionally the players decided. loungo was appointed by mngt?  i think sedin was too. let the new guard lead the way now . the sedins will still be around . i think this would be totally a class act.!

I read something the other day saying Matthews wants to play in the USA and will be pissed if he's picked by a Canadian team.  I'm gunna have to find where I read it,  i hope that isn't true.  He would look good in blue green and white.

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

My friend, you need to calm down.

Understand something; because of The Gillis Gap, anybody with a brain knew this day was coming. You should have been prepared for this... and there's plenty more to come. But at some point we'll be a good team again. And the kids you are chastising will be the ones pulling the cart. I'm just sorry it won't be on a timetable you deem acceptable. But that's your problem. 

You are a very optimistic man. You Gaunce, Tryamkin, Virtanen, McCann, Pedan, Etem, Baertschi, and Horvat as the core of a successful NHL team? Not half of of them will ever be real NHL players in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Seriously.?!

those two are sweatin bullets.  Jb in his first gm job with a franchise and personal legacy on the line.  And linden, the mayor of Vancouver, with his reputation on the line.  I highly doubt they're high fiving each other right now.

blaming the rookies is wrong.

remind me what our playoff record is since the cup run with all the vets here.

the fail is deeply planted.  This is going to take time.  People who think we are legit contenders or even a capable playoff time in the next 2-3 years are dillusional.

there is no easy or one solution to this debacle.  

The fans here are simply trying to find some light in the darkness and attempting to have a laugh, in any form along the way.

Archived