The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Laine vs Jesse Puljujarvi

Grape

Laine vs Puljujarvi  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, rawkdrummer said:

Count your blessings if we can get either of them.

We might not even get a top 3 pick.

Hopefully our number comes up in the lottery!

Yep. this is true. 

We can drop as far as 6th overall (again). 

Hope we can land top three, though. 

Patrik Laine

ISS Hockey

ISS Hockey - Twitter (Nov. 13th): "Uses every inch of massive frame to get offensive ice. Dangerous shot & lethal finish"

ISS Hockey - Twitter (Oct. 13th): "Rocketing up ISS list, & w/good cause. Natural goal-scorer w/tremendous shot."

The Hockey News

Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News (Oct. 30th): "Finland has its own Taylor vs. Tyler debate with Laine and Puljujarvi. Like the latter, Laine has size and great scoring punch."

Future Considerations

Future Considerations (Oct. 14th): "Laine’s game is straight power as he drives into the offensive zone heading straight for the high percentage scoring areas before unloading a heavy wrist or snap shot. He also has the hands to pull off a couple creative dekes to beat a defender with finesse."

Jesse Puljajarvi

ISS Hockey

ISS Hockey - Twitter (Nov. 10th): "Improved his defensive game from last season, makes better decisions w/puck. Solid goal scorer."

ISS Hockey - Twitter (Oct. 12th): "Beats defenders wide w/his powerful stride & good puck protection. Gets the puck on net."

The Hockey News

Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News (Oct. 30th): "With his speed, size and goal-scoring ability, he has been called one of the most terrifying Euro prospects in years."

Future Considerations

Future Considerations (Oct. 14th): "Puljujarvi is a smart and elusive player who possesses some very good hands. There is no stopping this kid once he gets moving; a big, powerful skater possesses the speed and puck skills that will make NHL teams drool. Playmaking and finishing ability is elite – he knows when to pass it off with a hard pass on the tape and he knows when he has the time and space to drive 

Untitled.png

11212.png

It's probably been posted like that in another thread but I thought I'd add it here. Those are some older reports as well feel free to add some others to it. In all honesty I believe we have an elite shot with Boeser already and Pool Party seems like hes just a tad ahead in his all around game and was a the contributing factor to majority of the attention Laine got at the World Juniors. Pool party gets my vote but pretty sure know one would complain on either.

15 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

He looks so boss. He has a bit of that Draco Malfoy look to him. Slicked back hair. haha.

Pool party is just way too happy in his picture.

Yeah I don't want Mr. 'Happy Go-Lucky' there, I want Mr. 'Kill all the muggle scum' :lol:

Puljujarvi for the name.  Laine if he really can become a Tyler Seguin with size or Ovie type of player.

JP had the hype start for him a couple years ago, I've learned more about him so I've always kind of leaned his way.  The more I learn about Laine the more intrigued I am about his game.

Archived