The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nux 4- Sharts 2 - March 31, 2016

Toni Zamboni

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Not by much between 28th-30th.

Finishing last would give us at worst fourth pick overall.  A couple more useless wins could drop us to the 8 th or 9 th spot and cost us a very good player.

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

there goes the only positive out of this disaster season.. this is probably the worse win you can get during this tank streak.. we'll bound to win 1 or 2 against edmonton or calgary in the final 3.. meaning we have a very high chance of finishing 25th.. and very possible to drop all the way down to 9th in the draft.. which will be another epic disaster to this franchise as we won't have a chance at a franchise player and continue to be a middling team.. and chances are next year we'll be hovering closer to the playoff line and finish outside of it.. so we'll pile up on these 10-15 picks.. which will never be good enough to make this team exciting or good enough to contend.. they are pieces to the puzzle.. but not the type that'll bring you over the humps.. 

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

well it cost us the biggest chance to land a top 3 pick in team history. there's no way we finish below toronto, and that win probably ends all hope of finishing below edmonton.. now we have a good chance to finish ahead of winnipeg and columbus too.. so we can probably kiss the 2 Defensemen good bye too

55285219.jpg

13 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Good. Glad the Sedins won't be associated with the worst streak in team history. 

I am glad to see the losing streak end. With Anaheim tomorrow a loss tonight would have made a new team record losing streak pretty likely.

Anyway, after taking a night off from losing tonight, let's hope the team gets back on track tomorrow and finds a way to lose.

Prior to tonight, I was all for keeping Hamhuis. Now, I think we should not re-sign him. Great defensively but can't move puck out nor can he keep the puck in during PP. As long as he's here, WD will continue to use him on PP, which equals to frustration for the viewers.

Other thing to note is that having Tanev back made our defence much better. Edler, Tanev, Hutton, and Tryamkin are going to be our top 4 next season and I think barring injuries, we will be able to compete for the playoffs with those 4 guys. But of course, not good enough to compete for the cup with just those 4 unless Hutton and Tryamkin continues their development and become a true #1 pairing. 

Oh and love Biega's hard work but he can't make a straight tape to tape pass. I've noticed him missing easy passes so many times, not only this game but many games in the past.

Three games in a row where Higgins playing inspired and like he used to. Good to see.

Adding Matthews or one of the Finns and signing a good UFA forward for the Sedins will get this team competing for the playoffs next season. 

History says if we finish last...we will be punished by batman. If we finish second to last, we won't win either. If we finish 4-7, he might not notice and it's possible.

Edmonton is on the radar...no pick there either. Arizona....on the other hand. I think we have a good shot at pick 2 or 3

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

you do know for each team that's 27th and higher that moves up.. our chance to land a higher pick is exponentially worse right?

Don't think it's exponential.

2016 Lottery Standings - Based on Point Percentage

POS TEAM GP PTS PT% CHANCE
1 Edmonton Oilers 79 67 0.424 20%
2 Toronto Maple Leafs 76 67 0.441 13.50%
3 Vancouver Canucks 76 67 0.441 11.50%
4 Columbus Blue Jackets 76 68 0.447 9.50%
5 Winnipeg Jets 77 69 0.448 8.50%
6 Calgary Flames 77 70 0.455 7.50%
7 Buffalo Sabres 77 73 0.474 6.50%
8 Arizona Coyotes 76 75 0.493 6%
9 Montreal Canadiens 77 76 0.494 5%
10 Ottawa Senators 77 79 0.513 3.50%

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

WD needs to sit Barftowski, bring in Pedan to handle the rough stuff, and put Weber on as a forward. 

Most likely won't win, but Andrey will force the Dicks to play with their heads up. Maybe Pedan could drive Kesler into the boards too. Give Gitslap a knock on his shiny noggin too. 

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Well... I can... missed it as the power is out here...

My power is out too I'm in vernon I see your from Armstrong must be one hell of a power outage. Hope it's back on by tomorrow. I was bummed I didn't get to see Hansen's goal.

Archived