Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ISS releases 2016 top 30 draft prospects for April


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-hockey-releases-iss-top-30-for-april/

 

Chychrun to 7th and Sergachev to 8th are the top 2 Dmen

Good list,  they really like Nylander. I'm surprised they have puljujarvi ahead of Laine.

For the most part the top 10 picks are set, it just depend on the teams picking in the order they are picks. 

 

1-3 are locks to be top 3 picks, 

4-10 are top 10 locks but order they are picked could move around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shouldn't people be rejoicing? Even if we get a 8th overall pick we have a great chance to get a fantastic (dare I say) possible Norris calibre d-man? Which if you watch games, we have issues stopping shots and scoring chances. Isn't that one of our major issues. Better still options to QB the power play? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Shouldn't people be rejoicing? Even if we get a 8th overall pick we have a great chance to get a fantastic (dare I say) possible Norris calibre d-man? Which if you watch games, we have issues stopping shots and scoring chances. Isn't that one of our major issues. Better still options to QB the power play? 

Chychrun at 8th would be glorious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never believed that we'd get a top 3 pick. Always thought Canucks would be around 7-8th. Very confident they can get Juolevi, who is my favorite pick in that 5-10 range. I think Tkachuk is kind of a man on his own island. IMO he's clearly not better than the top 3 but also clearly better than everyone else in the top 10.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I never believed that we'd get a top 3 pick. Always thought Canucks would be around 7-8th. Very confident they can get Juolevi, who is my favorite pick in that 5-10 range. I think Tkachuk is kind of a man on his own island. IMO he's clearly not better than the top 3 but also clearly better than everyone else in the top 10.  

At least there's options I think this draft is deeper than people think. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want BPA, always.

 

1. Matthews

2. Laine

3. Puljujärvi

4. Tkachuk

5. Chychrun

6. Dubois

7. Nylander

8. Juolevi

9. Sergachyov

10. McLeod

 

I really like the top 10 group this year. If we are outside the top 3, Tkachuk especially would really fit in well with the forward group going forward. Got 3 "real good" two-way defensemen in there as well that I would be delighted with. Hoping for one of the first 6 names on my list, but would not be disappointed at all to get any of the other ones either. 

 

I am hoping that the Canucks somehow get another 1st round pick. Been getting spoiled with that the past two drafts, I think there will be good players still on the board between 20-30 and then that early 2nd round pick as well.. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

 

Tkachuk - Horvat - Virtanen would be ridiculous in the playoffs if they all pan out. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We either get Matthews or we drop for a defenceman, there is no point in gunning for one of the many wingers unless we're planning to trade away Virtanen, Baertschi or Boeser. We are stacked at wing already, we've got enough two-way centers and we simply do not have any decent defensive prospects. Hutton and Tryamkin will be nice future top-4 defencemen but we still lack that elite level of talent down the middle and on defence. 

 

Either gun for the 1st overall pick via a big-time trade (eg. McCann + 3rd overall + veteran for the 1st overall), or trade down to the 7th-8th spot to nab Chychrun or Sergachev and hopefully get a prospect in the trade too.

 

Our team would be FAR better off in the future if we were to trade a 3rd overall pick for the 7th overall + a defensive prospect than draft Laine. Otherwise what was the point of blowing our 6th overall pick on a similar powerforward last year?

 

Edmonton have drafted the BPA year after year and look where they are. Clever GMs construct well balanced teams like we see in Los Angeles and Chicago and that's why they're winners. If we don't fill our needs, for now and the future, we're going to be stuck in a Oiler-like rut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We either get Matthews or we drop for a defenceman, there is no point in gunning for one of the many wingers unless we're planning to trade away Virtanen, Baertschi or Boeser. We are stacked at wing already, we've got enough two-way centers and we simply do not have any decent defensive prospects. Hutton and Tryamkin will be nice future top-4 defencemen but we still lack that elite level of talent down the middle and on defence. 

 

Either gun for the 1st overall pick via a big-time trade (eg. McCann + 3rd overall + veteran for the 1st overall), or trade down to the 7th-8th spot to nab Chychrun or Sergachev and hopefully get a prospect in the trade too.

 

Our team would be FAR better off in the future if we were to trade a 3rd overall pick for the 7th overall + a defensive prospect than draft Laine. Otherwise what was the point of blowing our 6th overall pick on a similar powerforward last year?

 

Edmonton have drafted the BPA year after year and look where they are. Clever GMs construct well balanced teams like we see in Los Angeles and Chicago and that's why they're winners. If we don't fill our needs, for now and the future, we're going to be stuck in a Oiler-like rut.

LoL....you take Matthews, one of the Finns or Tkachuk before you start talking about trading picks away... All 4 of those players are going to be special...Dubois is a blue chipper and too safe for my tastes....but to deny the talent of the kids at the top this year makes you look like your brain isn't functioning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...