The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick #33

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm with you on Debrincat.  The guy is small and soft.  Our local Giant's player - Ronning - is a far better choice if going for a little feller.  And he could be had in the third or even fourth round.

I'm not too familiar with Ronning so I can't speculate on when he'll go but I'm sure you're right Alf. But if JB sees something in Ronning and takes him with our 2nd then I'll trust him on that.

If Fabbro falls he would be a great pick, Also having watched L. Johansen this year, I like his game, we need to pluck another gem from the Rockets organization if he is available imo.

If we have a top 5 pick, it should be a Forward. If we fall to 6 then sure grab a D i suppose

2 hours ago, McHortanen said:

Ill be disappointed if we didnt take Day if he was still availiable. His potential is sky high. This bad year for him could be a blessing for us.

I'd be for it, but not at 33rd overall, way too many question marks around him. If he is available at 93, no brainer.

7 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Tell that to Patick Kane lite, I mean Johhny Gaudreau and Calgary

johnny gaudreau might put up points but wait til flames make playoffs next time hes a tryamkin hit away from retirement  il pass on smurfs  no more drafting ronnings or  soft perimeter players like raymond or shroeder  give me a lindros or a ovi or a benn  100 percent of time

Just now, canuktravella said:

johnny gaudreau might put up points but wait til flames make playoffs next time hes a tryamkin hit away from retirement  il pass on smurfs  no more drafting ronnings or  soft perimeter players like raymond or shroeder  give me a lindros or a ovi or a benn  100 percent of time

How many cups have Ovi and Benn won? Marty St.Louis ring a bell?

Notice how Patrick Kane never gets hit?

10 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

How many cups have Ovi and Benn won? Marty St.Louis ring a bell?

Notice how Patrick Kane never gets hit?

ya  but benn and ovi will get cups they are superstars  its a matter of time  and kane will get hit one of these days  kane is much more dynamic than johnny hockey  that guy will get killed by a shay weber hit  one of these days 

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya  but benn and ovi will get cups they are superstars  its a matter of time  and kane will get hit one of these days  kane is much more dynamic than johnny hockey  that guy will get killed by a shay weber hit  one of these days 

Oh sweety. I think that's enough internet for today.

3 hours ago, canuktravella said:

Ya...only 9 points in 11 playoff games and handled himself like a champ against the big bad Ducks...almost a ppg in the regular season in the biggest division in hockey.

Yup....ok.

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya  but benn and ovi will get cups they are superstars  its a matter of time  and kane will get hit one of these days  kane is much more dynamic than johnny hockey  that guy will get killed by a shay  Shea weber hit  one of these days 

If you can't spell the name correctly of one of the best D men in hockey over the last decade, don't try to predict a players rise and or fall....As well, Kane is not much more Dynamic than Johnny Hockey, look at their first 2 seasons in the NHL, they're so similar as to be carbon copies of each other.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya...only 9 points in 11 playoff games and handled himself like a champ against the big bad Ducks...almost a ppg in the regular season in the biggest division in hockey.

Yup....ok.

...and this punk called me a troll, don't respond to him

Just now, johngould21 said:

...and this punk called me a troll, don't respond to him

He thinks Baertschi is a 4th line winger and the twins 3rd line players with Sutter our 1st line center in 2 seasons...I'd seriously pay people no mind on this board for a lot of things

4 minutes ago, Aspie said:

What about #34 pick a la Columbus?

Would be the coup of all coups, no chance Columbus coughs it up this year.  But then next years 2nd will be 31-40 as well I'd imagine as I don't think anyone can see any appreciable upgrading for an offense starved and defensively deficient team

would love to get Lucas Johansen and then cal foote next year, Kelowna is an absolute D  man factory right in our back yard!!! Also - interesting d man for the 3rd/4th round - casey fitzgerald from boston college -obviously JB saw him play a few times 27 points in 39 games as a freshman - a little on the small side though at 5'11, 185.

really really like johansen

In my eyes, Cam Morrison is the best player that could feasibly be available in the second round to the Vancouver Canucks. His size is one thing, his speed is another, and his skill is undeniable. His drive and two-way game are top notch, and his ability to make a difference in games stems from his assertiveness in all three zones. He's a tremendous player (you can watch him at the U18s) and I think he could be that home run pick, much like Travis Sanheim a couple years ago. If nobody scoops him up in the latter half of the first round, the Canucks should seriously consider taking him. 

Archived